Question: Unreasonable return since last VU

Just remember I turned over the most peds in hunting over the last 2 years and that I am down -132k with all those UL loots while making that request.
I must admit Smigs as much i like you as person ae much i hait youre ability to loot those items.
I beg MA in the name of GOD you must stop Smigs from looting all the UL items in the game or i warn you i will quit the game !!! :laugh:

Check TT spent on crafting those weps and MU used to make those... at the end u might end up with better eco on caly/ark stuffs. And wep BPs r fkin high lvl compared to caly/ark ones.

Maybe you can update Entropedia for those new blueprints? Because I can't find any in Entropedia sorry. I think the markup would be lower if RT manage to do some proper advertisement to bring in new players and keep them, the supply of local materials would increase by then. Maybe also adjusting local minerals distribution to favor more in their own minerals would also balance the markup, so the local market have a chance to be establish. IMO Their mineral distribution is not right for years already, yes people go mine for pyrite, niks, energized crystal but transport them to calypso. And afaik there's no RT bp uses those minerals, so RT only getting some mining decay as revenue but has no chance to supply enough local materials for blueprints. I heard they have started to change but still not enough I think. This situation would change as soon as ND find out this problem.

I think you miss interpreted my writing there is this litle guy in it :laugh: for reason.;)

Just remember I turned over the most peds in hunting over the last 2 years and that I am down -132k with all those UL loots while making that request.

I agree something was wrong after the last VU (I was worried too), but it seemed to correct it's self over the last few days, and loot appears to be flowing again.

Despite the ups and downs, I still managed to keep to my personal budget this month with a few scares at times, and some cool come backs from next to nothing.

Deposited my set monthly budget last night when the clock ticked past midnight, (so depo on the same day, I always do) and still with peds on card, fingers crossed for another good month of skilling with those deposited peds.

Good luck out there

Rick.

Ps: Anyone interested in a Level 95 gun DOA longbolt (L) full tt 420 peds, listed on auction at 500 b/o. Fair price I thought with no previous sales.

Just making sure MA or some other jealous guy/girl does not misinterpret it.
I think you miss interpreted my writing there is this litle guy in it :laugh: for reason.;)

One day before VU I got like...9 globals and 2 hofs. And imho everything was ok, because I have cycled like 2k peds i guess.
The VU day was total crap as I couldn;t even play because of the long time servers being off-line.
First day after VU: 2 globals (small ones)
Day 3: 6 globals - just 2 globals above 100 peds.
Day 4: 6 globals - just one above 100 peds.
Day 5: 4 globals - just one above 100 peds.
all these days I killed most of the time atroxes anc crafted loot from them.
The real problem I see here is this: I killed troxes starting from 1.3k/5k mission and got to 4.5k/5k mission.
Can;t count the loss I had yet, but I can obviously say this: THIS IS NOT THE LOOT I was expecting to see from killing atroxes all day (for few days continuously).
Emptied like...at least 8 herman law-303 and few ISIS LR53.

You tell me this is good loot? When you cycle peds all the time and you see your card shorted in numbers all the time?

One day before VU I got like...9 globals and 2 hofs. And imho everything was ok, because I have cycled like 2k peds i guess.
The VU day was total crap as I couldn;t even play because of the long time servers being off-line.
First day after VU: 2 globals (small ones)
Day 3: 6 globals - just 2 globals above 100 peds.
Day 4: 6 globals - just one above 100 peds.
Day 5: 4 globals - just one above 100 peds.
all these days I killed most of the time atroxes anc crafted loot from them.
The real problem I see here is this: I killed troxes starting from 1.3k/5k mission and got to 4.5k/5k mission.
Can;t count the loss I had yet, but I can obviously say this: THIS IS NOT THE LOOT I was expecting to see from killing atroxes all day (for few days continuously).
Emptied like...at least 8 herman law-303 and few ISIS LR53.

You tell me this is good loot? When you cycle peds all the time and you see your card shorted in numbers all the time?

What I want to ask is this: what does a constant player needs to do to see improvement if not what I already did?
All the time, starters think the big hofs go to uber player, now I can;t say I am a noob anymore, but I still see bad income and I always find myself in a complete struggle to keep up with the game (not other players).
When you are noob all you hear is that you need skills. When you are not a noob anymore, they say you need to craft higher level BPs because simple I conductors is too low :D.
Right after you close the crafting machine you notice TONS or simple I conductors HIGH hofs at users usually a bit higher then you or even ubers... Is this fair? This game is about achieving and winning things. Why do we all need to become traders and non-skilling avatars to make peds? All the time I see ppl turning into traders or taxi drivers or ship captains for a better income with no investment... This is not the way of the initial idea of the game.
I see no skills for trading in the skills page, nor a profession for these, so why we all need to end up thinking "I need a store", "I need to trade better", "I need a shopkeeper"?

muahahahaha :popcorn:

please, don't stop this thread. make it a sticky one.

now call me a fanboy, fast! first one wins a shiny golden ped ;)

What I want to ask is this: what does a constant player needs to do to see improvement if not what I already did?
All the time, starters think the big hofs go to uber player, now I can;t say I am a noob anymore, but I still see bad income and I always find myself in a complete struggle to keep up with the game (not other players).
When you are noob all you hear is that you need skills. When you are not a noob anymore, they say you need to craft higher level BPs because simple I conductors is too low :D.
Right after you close the crafting machine you notice TONS or simple I conductors HIGH hofs at users usually a bit higher then you or even ubers... Is this fair? This game is about achieving and winning things. Why do we all need to become traders and non-skilling avatars to make peds? All the time I see ppl turning into traders or taxi drivers or ship captains for a better income with no investment... This is not the way of the initial idea of the game.
I see no skills for trading in the skills page, nor a profession for these, so why we all need to end up thinking "I need a store", "I need to trade better", "I need a shopkeeper"?

2012-10-17_--_khorudoul_extrusion_2296_ped.jpg

print_screen_2012-10-17_16-35-38.jpg

:) ...sorry for that MA, didn;t know you had that prepaired for me...:D

and for the end, now total noob loots 170k on craft -- damn, if it was someone who play a lot, I might understand, but 100k+ loots/calims/wins, are insane, it makes all other feell pathetic, and understand tht just noobs can win, so what sence of skills????

I believe very few would consider a participant who started years before VU10 to be a total noob.

And because the new loot system lowers my MU ALOT,

I am working on a new Entropia Buzz Developer Notes article where I will explain in much more detail the goals and rationale for the changes to the loot system that were begun in VU 12.8. In the meanwhile, I will address a few of the issues raised in this forum discussion.

One of the main goals of the loot system rebalancing effort is to improve the chance of looting items with mark-up for hunters of all skill levels. Please try to understand that such a substantial rebalancing project requires time for participants and the Entropia economy to adjust to the implemented changes, which is one of the reasons that we are implementing the changes gradually over several version updates. It is unreasonable to expect newly discovered items to have mark-up the moment they are discovered.

However, after some time has passed and the economy has adjusted to the changes, we are confident that most if not all participants will find the new loot distribution to be a dramatic improvement, even when measured in terms of mark-up item distribution.

Another point to mention is that we can see clearly through hunting activity patterns that many hunters continue to hunt creatures that were traditionally {pre-VU12.8} the best creatures for looting items with mark-up. The primary goal of this first phase of the loot system rebalancing effort is to distribute 'good' items in a much more balanced manner and across a much wider range of creatures. An environment where each and every creature has the potential to loot useful items with mark-up is much preferred to the old system where only a small number of creatures were interesting to hunt.

If Kim still watching I hope you can suggest Mindark to make a principle/ guideline of weapon stats, decay and mob table etc... for planet partners to follow so we don't have to keep re-balancing stuff once in a while.

In fact, very specific item balancing guidelines are already in place and apply to all planet partners. All of the weapons that have been introduced in the last 6 months adhere to those guidelines, including of course the large batch of new Calypso weapons that were introduced in VU 12.8.

This same philosophy was the motivation for the mission rewards rebalancing that was implemented in VU12.8, which ensures that the rewards for missions are equal across all planets.

Well looking forward for the updates and trying to find some of that good old mobs with good new MU loot. Kudos on communicating to us quite a lot at least.
One of the main goals of the loot system rebalancing effort is to improve the chance of looting items with mark-up for hunters of all skill levels. Please try to understand that such a substantial rebalancing project requires time for participants and the Entropia economy to adjust to the implemented changes, which is one of the reasons that we are implementing the changes gradually over several version updates. It is unreasonable to expect newly discovered items to have mark-up the moment they are discovered.

However, after some time has passed and the economy has adjusted to the changes, we are confident that most if not all participants will find the new loot distribution to be a dramatic improvement, even when measured in terms of mark-up item distribution.

Another point to mention is that we can see clearly through hunting activity patterns that many hunters continue to hunt creatures that were traditionally {pre-VU12.8} the best creatures for looting items with mark-up. The primary goal of this first phase of the loot system rebalancing effort is to distribute 'good' items in a much more balanced manner and across a much wider range of creatures. An environment where each and every creature has the potential to loot useful items with mark-up is much preferred to the old system where only a small number of creatures were interesting to hunt.

Bjorn|MindArk;3013399 One of the main goals of the loot system rebalancing effort is to [I said:
improve[/I] the chance of looting items with mark-up for hunters of all skill levels. Please try to understand that such a substantial rebalancing project requires time for participants and the Entropia economy to adjust to the implemented changes, which is one of the reasons that we are implementing the changes gradually over several version updates. It is unreasonable to expect newly discovered items to have mark-up the moment they are discovered.

To me this means : We are dropping less L gear atm so mu will go up, once it's high enough to our likings we will drop more, =in the meanwhile get used to the fact that you won't be able to recover the huge TT losses with markup.

Didn't the EULA say that manipulating any markup is against the rules?

In my opinion this describes the problem with the new hunting loots very well. To me personally the biggest nerf in a looong time hunting was the reduced drops of gazz on drones and iron on argos. Surely those MU loots where focused on 2 creatues but with them in place it was actually possible to break even on the long run with the help of MU. By spreading out the MU returns for hunters over many creatures they have just become lower and lower. I don't see how MA would be able to create a demand for even more so called "good" items for them to reach a MU return level that we used to have. Unless ofc those items are consumed in large ammounts while crafting but that leads back to the gazz. :eyecrazy:

I am working on a new Entropia Buzz Developer Notes article where I will explain in much more detail the goals and rationale for the changes to the loot system that were begun in VU 12.8. In the meanwhile, I will address a few of the issues raised in this forum discussion.

is it possible you could look at or comment on the large % of ammo being looted, i asked earlier in the thread and i ask because it is something i can just buy with 100% return at the trade terminal if i really wanted to loot ammo :)

In fact, very specific item balancing guidelines are already in place and apply to all planet partners. All of the weapons that have been introduced in the last 6 months adhere to those guidelines, including of course the large batch of new Calypso weapons that were introduced in VU 12.8.

This same philosophy was the motivation for the mission rewards rebalancing that was implemented in VU12.8, which ensures that the rewards for missions are equal across all planets.

Thanks for taking time to answer. But is it really balanced now? The PEDPINCHER ECO R26(L) of RT is a BLP carbine has only 1.6 pec decay each shot while ARK-30 Arctic/apis decay 3.398/ 2.987 each shot. It is a huge difference, hard for me to believe it is designed with the same guideline.

P.S. Please don't forget the promised tips of Mining and Crafting in developer notes. Thanks

To me this means : We are dropping less L gear atm so mu will go up, once it's high enough to our likings we will drop more, =in the meanwhile get used to the fact that you won't be able to recover the huge TT losses with markup.

Didn't the EULA say that manipulating any markup is against the rules?

I'm sorry but if that is the message you received from my post, then either-
1. You did not read the entire post 2. You completely misunderstood the post or 3. My English skills are much worse than I thought. :eyecrazy:

Nowhere in my post {nor in the VU 12.8 release notes} did we ever indicate that net loot returns would be affected in any way by the current loot rebalancing project.

The only area that has been adjusted is the list of items that each creature is capable of looting. The basic loot return calculations {often referred to as TT returns} have not been changed in any way.

To put it as simply as possible, the loot rebalancing project focuses on what to distribute, not on how much to distribute.

I'm sorry but if that is the message you received from my post, then either-
1. You did not read the entire post 2. You completely misunderstood the post or 3. My English skills are much worse than I thought. :eyecrazy:

Nowhere in my post {nor in the VU 12.8 release notes} did we ever indicate that net loot returns would be affected in any way by the current loot rebalancing project.

The only area that has been adjusted is the list of items that each creature is capable of looting. The basic loot return calculations {often referred to as TT returns} have not been changed in any way.

To put it as simply as possible, the loot rebalancing project focuses on what to distribute, not on how much to distribute.

Neither did I say that TT return has changed 'much' (hard to track on such short time)
My post was about MU looted & MU availlable to loot, maybe you should re-read my post?

Neither did I say that TT return has changed 'much' (hard to track on such short time)
My post was about MU looted & MU availlable to loot, maybe you should re-read my post?

It think it was a misunderstanding of your words "meanwhile get used to the fact that you won't be able to recover the huge TT losses with markup." :p

I read your post very carefully, which is why I replied as I did to this comment-

=in the meanwhile get used to the fact that you won't be able to recover the huge TT losses with markup.

by stating that net loot returns have not changed in any way.

To me this means : We are dropping less L gear atm so mu will go up, once it's high enough to our likings we will drop more

Quite the opposite is true- much more Limited gear is being looted after VU 12.8 than before, and not only the new Calypso weapons. Limited armor, weapons and Mindforce chips are much more abundant in loots on all planets than they were before the VU, by quite a large factor.

tryy doing 3k ped ammo/day & see how much TT loss you need to cover with almost non existant mu..

Maybe you refer to the number of available items. For me as a hunter. Before when hunting Scipulors almost each run resulted in HL8 or HL11, good runs often 3-5 of those. For the moment, I have tried a plenty of mobs. You get A GUN if youre lucky on ALL I HAVE TRIED.
Quite the opposite is true- much more Limited gear is being looted after VU 12.8 than before, and not only the new Calypso weapons. Limited armor, weapons and Mindforce chips are much more abundant in loots on all planets than they were before the VU, by quite a large factor.

Then I must suck at hunting bigtime with 79 globals since VU & & about 210 ped TT looted in L items

just checked & I have 6690 ped in globals since patch of wich 210 ped was in items

Have you think about what would happen if people start buying newly looted weapons because they has less decay and more economical than old weapons (Pre VU12.8) more than crafted? It would directly affect crafters and miners and kill established economy models that crafter buy minerals and materials from miner and hunter, hunter and miner buy gun from crafters. Just wondering if you guys thought of the possible consequence or not.

I think this is really good:

Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk

***end of quote***

One thing I forgot to mention, the concept of "gradually improving the loot" is implemented in a very interesting way of "gradual". One day we go out to discover all of the weapons we used to sell for MU are gone from lootpool. And promise replacement guns will slowly be added back (hmm, reminds of taming?). You should have clearly seen where this will lead, including this thread. Requires no oracle or even visionary.

One thing I forgot to mention, the concept of "gradually improving the loot" is implemented in a very interesting way of "gradual". One day we go out to discover all of the weapons we used to sell for MU are gone from lootpool. And promise replacement guns will slowly be added back (hmm, reminds of taming?). You should have clearly seen where this will lead, including this thread. Requires no oracle or even visionary.

aah someone who understands my point I was trying to make
+rep on the way

After vu 12.8.0 my tt return is 91.24%, a bit down what it usually is but it goes into error margin.

Have you think about what would happen if people start buying newly looted weapons because they has less decay and more economical than old weapons (Pre VU12.8)...Just wondering if you guys thought of the possible consequence or not.

Yes, we put a lot of thought into such issues.

The interdependence of the major professions {mining, hunting and crafting} is a very important aspect of the loot rebalancing project. A large number of new crafted items are in the pipeline not only from Calypso but also from other planets. Some of those have already begun to be rolled out, for example RockTropia's new range of crafted weapons. Lots more will be introduced in upcoming partner releases, the next of which is scheduled for the 4th of December.

Those new blueprints, resources and crafted items are part of a larger effort to not only reinforce and enhance the mining and crafting professions, but also to stimulate local planetary economies and interplanetary trade.

Yes, we put a lot of thought into such issues.

The interdependence of the major professions {mining, hunting and crafting} is a very important aspect of the loot rebalancing project. A large number of new crafted items are in the pipeline not only from Calypso but also from other planets. Some of those have already begun to be rolled out, for example RockTropia's new range of crafted weapons. Lots more will be introduced in upcoming partner releases, the next of which is scheduled for the 4th of December.

Those new blueprints, resources and crafted items are part of a larger effort to not only reinforce and enhance the mining and crafting professions, but also to stimulate local planetary economies and interplanetary trade.

Sounds exciting thanks again :yay:

Back