Merry Mayhem 2015

No nice items to win ..maybe MA have all cool things in loot this year ?

I like my way better "500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo" should be 500 peds :D

Yeah, I like your way as well. :)
let's just hope we don't get suckered into starting MM and then get an official notice saying the rewards were an error.

It's corrected now :)

• 500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
  • 2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
  • 5000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 7500 Points - 750 PED Universal Ammo
  • 10000 Points - 1000 PED Universal Ammo

So everyone has the chance to win 5000ped ammo if they grind long enough (and the stars drop enough to allow it) and people are still complaining?

I think the only thing to complain about now is when the event starts at 15:00 'cause MA have no clue about time :laugh:

Updated opening post with corrected Bonus Rewards to match the info on the Merry Mayhem event page:

Bonus Prizes
In addition, all event participants reaching one of the various point thresholds will receive bonus prizes as detailed below. In Solo Mayhem, these bonus prizes are awarded automatically upon looting Mayhem Star tokens to reach each of the point tiers. In FFA Mayhem, the bonus prizes are awarded when turning in FFA Mayhem Star tokens to one of the Santa’s Little Helper NPCs to reach each of the point tiers.
  • 500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
  • 2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
  • 5000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 7500 Points - 750 PED Universal Ammo
  • 10000 Points - 1000 PED Universal Ammo

NOOOO boooo :( Season to be giving not taking :( SCROOOOOOOGE

Thank god that RL kept me busy during the year so I didn't have the time to prepare for this years MM. I was really looking forward to this time of the year but I am going to stay away.

no categories with a lvl cap
no interesting items to win
no motivation for teams

= bs

But yeah. OFC all events need to work exactely the same way... just switch the theme according to season and keep costs low. It seems to be very important that one doesn't need any kind of strategy or a even a brain in order to participate.

A lot of money, time, several 'friends' that help me running my avatar 24/7 (i.e. joda) and perhaps some inside information will do for the win.

Oh. I forgot. OFC it will also require ppl with a very special mind set to actually got for the win in this event as the prizes are crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grats to whoever thought it would be a good idea of complaining about bonus prizes being to good :rolleyes:

The categories were cut down, the prizes are less then in previous years - it all looked balanced towards more rewards for those hunters who dont score the topprizes - like someone had put thought into it.
Encouraging hunters to make it to 10k points even if they have no chance to win the top prize - this could have led to alot of peds cycled...
However after all that complaining i guess management had a look as well and decided 'hey if they think prizes are too good, lets give them what they want - less' and just matched the bonus to the level we are used too...

REAlly????????

Rings, ammo and tokens.... :scratch2:

I would say something but im sure everyone here is thinking the same thing I am.

Almost time to find a new game, just need one or two more nails in this coffin

Grats to whoever thought it would be a good idea of complaining about bonus prizes being to good :rolleyes:

The categories were cut down, the prizes are less then in previous years - it all looked balanced towards more rewards for those hunters who dont score the topprizes - like someone had put thought into it.
Encouraging hunters to make it to 10k points even if they have no chance to win the top prize - this could have led to alot of peds cycled...
However after all that complaining i guess management had a look as well and decided 'hey if they think prizes are too good, lets give them what they want - less' and just matched the bonus to the level we are used too...

Seriously John, you can't believe the original setup was what they intended; it was clearly a typo.

50+200+5000+7500+10000 = 22,750ped

That means with a 90% return and 25 days you could cycle 9000ped a day and still be in profit. At that rate you might get 10k points in a week and just stop and pocket 16kped profit.

Items are more fun (and land areas even better) but I wouldn't say $10,000 of ammo is crap.

10k USD worth of ammo = 10k USD worth of ammo. no excitement, no mu and most likely a lot of hassle when paying (out) team members.

Seriously John, you can't believe the original setup was what they intended; it was clearly a typo.

50+200+5000+7500+10000 = 22,750ped

That means with a 90% return and 25 days you could cycle 9000ped a day and still be in profit. At that rate you might get 10k points in a week and just stop and pocket 16kped profit.

In ark gold rush they had waves - it was either globals or points meaning when you got points you had less peds in your pocket - wasnt at all 90% and none of us knew yet how the token droprate this time would be, with changed event rules there is no reason to assume new point tokens would have a drop probability like different token types.

In ark gold rush they had waves - it was either globals or points meaning when you got points you had less peds in your pocket - wasnt at all 90% and none of us knew yet how the token droprate this time would be, with changed event rules there is no reason to assume new point tokens would have a drop probability like different token types.

must have been an coincidence..since my best points and loots came in the first 30 hours
in the 35 last hours i had 0 tokens over 50 and the worst loot ive ever had in eu..i lost between 500-1600 ped each round and for 35 hours and without any token over 50

must have been an coincidence..since my best points and loots came in the first 30 hours
in the 35 last hours i had 0 tokens over 50 and the worst loot ive ever had in eu..i lost between 500-1600 ped each round and for 35 hours and without any token over 50

Something so bad with arkadia loot many times. I think the resource caps they put on last year with the change of calypso over to a target loot model and the low item drops in many places on Arkadia is causing grief.

The one thing that was dropping in the first 30 hours was arkoins exclusively. When that stopped and all items emptied, all was left was thyroid oils and wools.. and those are capped hard.

FYI: Mayhem Stars and their points:

• Dim - 1 point
  • Glossy - 5 points
  • Lustrous - 10 points
  • Gleaming - 25 points
  • Sparkling - 50 points
  • Glittering - 100 points
  • Twinkling - 250 points
  • Dazzling - 500 points
  • Radiant - 1000 points
  • Glorious - 5000 points

Dazzling stars and above count as rare finds.

Maybe it is time to start a price check thread. :yup:

For starters, they can be turned into UA at the rate of 10 pts = 1 PED UA, so they will likely not go below 10 PEC/point.

EDIT: Since the rewards are accumulative, it should be 10000 pts = 2500 PED UA, or 25 PEC per point.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten their bonus ammo yet? I'm at 5200 and have only got message no ammo

Has anyone gotten their bonus ammo yet? I'm at 5200 and have only got message no ammo

Nope, was wondering the same thing... and had to re-read the rules, which clearly state

In Solo Mayhem, these bonus prizes are awarded automatically upon looting Mayhem Star tokens to reach each of the point tiers.

so 30 (2x15)reward total (last MM was 150?(5x15x2?) no iteams - exept rings, tones of universal ammo to win + iteam upgrad tokens, well all i can say is cheap MM this year:)

But how cool it is, thats some lotery here! (gz to everyone who bough some % in terminator:laugh:)

so 30 (2x15)reward total (last MM was 150?(5x15x2?) no iteams - exept rings, tones of universal ammo to win + iteam upgrad tokens, well all i can say is cheap MM this year:)

But how cool it is, thats some lotery here! (gz to everyone who bough some % in terminator:laugh:)

How is it cheap? Really.. let's think about this for a second.

Last few years, all mindark or calypso really had to do was manufacture some pixels for prizes. The amount of investment is very small (Unless the pp had to pay a lot to mndark for thosr pixels) and it required players to deposit or use ingame funds to buy the prizes for their perceived worth.

This year, they are putting up a ton of money (ped) instead of what likely the pp had to pay mindark for the pixels mentioned above.. the investment is large (assuming the pp had to pay for the pixels) unlike previous years. The players know what they are getting, there isn't any artificial markup, and the players have to spend that UA into the game economy.. which its effect should at least temporarily boost TT returns. It puts a bit of pressure on the alts that show up once a year to do the event or try to win multiple events because now the cheating avatar has to take the time to cycle it. The planet partner gets its money from cycling/decay.. having higher returns from those actions leads to new development, better content. In the previous years, the planet partner gets no guaranteed added value for the investment with the prizes just changing hands and a withdrawl by the winner.

Some assumptions here. We know planet partners have to pay mindark for creation of items. Calypso and mindark, while somewhat blurred, are separate. Mindark and even the PPs want people to play and cycle and not just go to 1 event, withdrawls proceeds, and never play until the next. They need to maintain critical mass.

Last edited:
I for one am glad Merry Mayhem is finally a shambles and now ruined for all.

Before the implementation of MM on an annual basis markup was actually decent.

Then after MM the markup would not recover for months on end till the next big event.

It would be a never ending defeating cycle to try stock up for peak times for it to decline.

How is it cheap? Really.. let's think about this for a second.

Last few years, all mindark or calypso really had to do was manufacture some pixels for prizes. The amount of investment is very small (Unless the pp had to pay a lot to mndark for thosr pixels) and it required players to deposit or use ingame funds to buy the prizes for their perceived worth.

This year, they are putting up a ton of money (ped) instead of what likely the pp had to pay mindark for the pixels mentioned above.. the investment is large (assuming the pp had to pay for the pixels) unlike previous years. The players know what they are getting, there isn't any artificial markup, and the players have to spend that UA into the game economy.. which its effect should at least temporarily boost TT returns. It puts a bit of pressure on the alts that show up once a year to do the event or try to win multiple events because now the cheating avatar has to take the time to cycle it. The planet partner gets its money from cycling/decay.. having higher returns from those actions leads to new development, better content. In the previous years, the planet partner gets no guaranteed added value for the investment with the prizes just changing hands and a withdrawl by the winner.

Some assumptions here. We know planet partners have to pay mindark for creation of items. Calypso and mindark, while somewhat blurred, are separate. Mindark and even the PPs want people to play and cycle and not just go to 1 event, withdrawls proceeds, and never play until the next. They need to maintain critical mass.

cant spread rep yet bla bla

i'm glad its all universal ammo and new items. I'm tired of having uber items being dropped only in events to only uber/uber-rich people. Those who take home a christmas ring + a ton of ammo have a lot to bring back from the event and it encourages more playing from them rather than selling 'X' item and cashing it right out from the game after the event. Believe me, if the regular event winners dont want to compete for these new prizes, i'm sure others will gladly take their place. More cycling from everyone = better for all players

cant spread rep yet bla bla

i'm glad its all universal ammo and new items. I'm tired of having uber items being dropped only in events to only uber/uber-rich people. Those who take home a christmas ring + a ton of ammo have a lot to bring back from the event and it encourages more playing from them rather than selling 'X' item and cashing it right out from the game after the event. Believe me, if the regular event winners dont want to compete for these new prizes, i'm sure others will gladly take their place. More cycling from everyone = better for all players

No the uber people know the value of the event prizes, especially since those are generally grinders who can burn through 50k of UA in 2 to 3 days. It is the people who are already disgruntled, rarely play, still riding the bash whatever and whomever is the popular choice bandwagon that can't come to grips with the fact that the game changes and is changing to something that is more sustainable in the current economic climate. Many of those changes which are very profitable and successful in the freemium world and those changes can drastically improve the game play for all current players and attract new ones in the competitive market. We are in a transition state and will be a bit messy until what they are trying to implement is actually completed.. and they will complete it. More decay/turnover leads to faster content.

If you want to be pissy and just boycott the game because you're mad at the lack of fixes and development, then you can't be surprised at slower releases or less fulfilling ones. Development is paid from turnover. More turnover and more sustainable turnover (read: predictable) means more developers. You can take issue with certain priority of things (for example my sword is still broken after 9 months), you can hope your boycotts make them think about said priorities, but I would recommend trying to find the diamonds in the rough that will allow you to at least play for break even.. and they ARE there AND less PCF tantrum throwing which will likely be a new Olympic sport in 2020 considering the popularity. Look to your planet partner representatives and officials.. neverdie, mathias/lars, and whomever represents the other Planets (since I don't know them) to drive change. They ARE your spokesman to Mindark. It is THEIR content that fixes or adds to your game experience. The platform people (mindark) will only fix platform related problems. Those officials have your interests in their concerns because it is on them to have a successful investment.

Last edited:
FYI: FFA Mayhem Stars and their points:

• Dim - 1 points
  • Glossy - 5 points
  • Lustrous - 10 points
  • Gleaming - 25 points
  • Sparkling - 50 points
  • Glittering - 100 points
  • Twinkling - 250 points
  • Dazzling - 500 points
  • Radiant - 1000 points

Both dazzling and radiant stars count as rare finds.

Maybe it is time to start a price check thread. :yup:

For starters, they can be turned into UA at the rate of 10 pts = 1 PED UA, so they will likely not go below 10 PEC/point.

I thought you earned it this time as you go, so your first 10k free for all points is worth 2500 ped (if you convert yourself), making it 10 points = 2.5 ped.

So they should never go below 2.5ped per 10 point unless people are utterly stupid.

Back