Merry Mayhem 2015

Can you sort this event out so the Noobs have something to do.

This is geared to big spenders.

Oh, you must have missed the sign "BIG SPENDERS ONLY !!!" MA and certain PPs have put on EU for some time now :laugh:

Reactions: Mac
Just a thought here,
Will it be possible to score top 15 and win a prize without getting a hsl?
Given the there are 15 different hsl's and the bonus is 50% this year

Poop for dinner.

Just a thought here,
Will it be possible to score top 15 and win a prize without getting a hsl?
Given the there are 15 different hsl's and the bonus is 50% this year

there is only 2 HSL possible, one for solo and one for FFA.

i think you are forgetting that there are no longer categories. its everyone vesus the top 5 most powerfull guns in the game for solo. and everyone versus the #1 wealthiest player for FFA. i dont think the 50% bonus will matter much even if you had a modmerc.

there is only 2 HSL possible, one for solo and one for FFA.

i think you are forgetting that there are no longer categories. its everyone vesus the top 5 most powerfull guns in the game for solo. and everyone versus the #1 wealthiest player for FFA. i dont think the 50% bonus will matter much even if you had a modmerc.

Not sure if this is right, I hope so but check out the wording of the rules
At least there will be 3 in solo and 3 in FFA. At worst 15 in each. It all depends on the interpretation of what ma wrote. The devil is always in the details

Considering that there are an awful lot of people (myself included) are farming FFA tokens, whoever wants to win a prize is going to need to spend a lot of money, regardless of hsl.

It says for each creature outlined so that is 15 in Solo and 15 in FFA

Not sure if this is right, I hope so but check out the wording of the rules
At least there will be 3 in solo and 3 in FFA. At worst 15 in each. It all depends on the interpretation of what ma wrote. The devil is always in the details

Thanks to make us medics worthless in this event

Ah i forgot MA wont the peds the medics get...

must have been an coincidence..since my best points and loots came in the first 30 hours
in the 35 last hours i had 0 tokens over 50 and the worst loot ive ever had in eu..i lost between 500-1600 ped each round and for 35 hours and without any token over 50

Even with a 16k hof I still ended up losing around 18k on the arc gold rush event!!

No doubt the main prizes will go to some of the MA Blessed Avatar's, and of course any items that might be in pot!!

The game has lost it's direction since the managerial changes took place a while back, and the fun has been replaced by accounting balance sheets!!

We could do with some of the original managerial team reigniting their passion for a game that was unique and challenging, and balanced for all levels of players!!

So everything the game has been built on, skills, equipment etc now means absolutely nothing in the new style events, and they come down to random pot luck, just like the lucky dip explosives on crafting!!

Maybe more profitable...

Just an observation........... There seems to be a regular cycle of hof's on RT KONGS, If more people hunted there, it would stop the same avatar's splitting 5 or 6k of loot every Saturday, and could represent good value hunting!!

Last edited:
MM Glitched CLD payouts

SOOO biggest hunting event in Year and =
CLD payouts ... all time low :yay:

With TT return 50-60% on average run in Solo instance running @ 40 DPS with 2.954 + DPP- THose payouts seem at least strange ...

OR
Is it also linked with X-MASS box GLitch - when no boxes delivered?

"
------
Originally Posted by PkmX
2.151 PED this week.
According to the spreadsheet this is actually an all time low of CLD payouts.

-----

Is it really that strange? Solo event was cut down by more than 4/5ths, and team event was completely destroyed.

People bitched about the terminator in past events (and rightfully so) but now there are even more terminator class guns and so few prizes its pointless.

FFA is a complete mess, might as well just sell the prizes in the web shop. I used to love doing team event with a small team or just a fapper. I tried it this year, ended up in a shared instance half over and spawns in a chaotic mess. So now instead of grinding out 40 hours at my highest dps I told my fapper to find something better to play and logged off :laugh:

With TT return 50-60% on average run in Solo instance running @ 40 DPS with 2.954 + DPP- THose payouts seem at least strange ...

OR

"
------
2.151 PED this week.

-----

Activity is up by a lot. But I have a sneaking suspicion that:

* Either this is an error and needs to be corrected OR
* The universal ammo bonuses are eating into this cut (VERY LIKELY)

Things are coming apart at the seems? :eyecrazy:

I have to admit I was totally wrong in my first views about the new merry mayhem.
I prepared for half a year for this mayhem only to find out the rules are totally different, and my chances to win something nice were destroyed.

But after playing for a few days, it turns out the new mayhem is totally awesome, by the looks of it i"ll be getting 5k peds in Ammo rewards before the end of the year. That is markup then i get in half a year of regular hunting.

Also this is the first time i actually used the buffs (always kept them in reserve for rare moments) and i totally love using them :)

So a big thank you to the planet calypso team for this years mayhem, it rocks!

(Although i am actually wondering if we can get negative CLD income if too many people claim their 10k points :eyecrazy:)

:beerchug:

Last edited:
... by the looks of it i"ll be getting 5k peds in Ammo rewards before the end of the year. That is markup then i get in half a year of regular hunting.

(Although i am actually wondering if we can get negative CLD income if too many people claim their 10k points :eyecrazy:)

You may want to check the ammo rewards again - MA made a 'mistake' in the original posting....

Also, CLD income is from turnover - and whatever the turnover is, that is what it is. It must not be affected by whatever bonuses are given out, else there is a breach of conditions. I have not yet seen an official or relayed clarification of why the payout was so low this week, only the theory that the payout was only counted for the pre-mayhem part of the week (and the rest will follow in the next payment).

2500 for solo. 2500 for FFA. It works got them both

yea,and people selling points at auction with 20% discount..wtf :p

Hope a lot of alts will get banned because koter and his 50 alts will make some deep bank.

You may want to check the ammo rewards again - MA made a 'mistake' in the original posting....

Also, CLD income is from turnover - and whatever the turnover is, that is what it is. It must not be affected by whatever bonuses are given out, else there is a breach of conditions. I have not yet seen an official or relayed clarification of why the payout was so low this week, only the theory that the payout was only counted for the pre-mayhem part of the week (and the rest will follow in the next payment).

Maybe the rights to the MM instances are owned by MA HQ and not Caly PP. Besides Revenue is subjective, judgemental, and what ever you want it to be.

I bet the strongbox pets are MA owned not Caly PP owned.

Laughing

Rick

OR

"
------
2.151 PED this week.

-----

Its beacause i dont depo anymore.:cool:

Merry Christmas to all players. :xmas:

Just an observation........... There seems to be a regular cycle of hof's on RT KONGS, If more people hunted there, it would stop the same avatar's splitting 5 or 6k of loot every Saturday, and could represent good value hunting!!

And it will stop us from losing 6-10k on all the other Kongs that day.

I thought you were prof enough not to make such assumptions.

Go try it.

Even with a 16k hof I still ended up losing around 18k on the arc gold rush event!!

No doubt the main prizes will go to some of the MA Blessed Avatar's, and of course any items that might be in pot!!

The game has lost it's direction since the managerial changes took place a while back, and the fun has been replaced by accounting balance sheets!!

We could do with some of the original managerial team reigniting their passion for a game that was unique and challenging, and balanced for all levels of players!!

So everything the game has been built on, skills, equipment etc now means absolutely nothing in the new style events, and they come down to random pot luck, just like the lucky dip explosives on crafting!!

People always say, "Entropia is great, the community is so great".

What does it say about Mindark as a company that 99% of the "fun" in this game has to be created by the community? "Entropia is what you make of it", That's what I usually tell my disciples, but I've slowly come to accept that it's just a cop-out.

If I do take another disciple, I'll simply tell them two things.
1. Entropia is a grind
2. Entropia is pay to win

There is absolutely nothing fun about these events, unless you're a "grinder". Nothing wrong with loving the grind, but some of us wanted Entropia to become more widely appealing. Something exciting. Something to brag to your friends about. Back in the Project Entropia days, I was pretty sure Mindark shared this vision.

Now instead of content, we get iron missions and pokemon. RT's "Hunt the Thing" is probably the most interesting thing I've seen in EU since my avatar was born in '06.

I bet the strongbox pets are MA owned not Caly PP owned.

I thought anything sold in the web shop was MA's including the ammo. So all the universal ammo people got by opening boxes instead of buying from the standard stuff from the TT has been taken out of the Caly turn over.

People always say, "Entropia is great, the community is so great".

What does it say about Mindark as a company that 99% of the "fun" in this game has to be created by the community? "Entropia is what you make of it", That's what I usually tell my disciples, but I've slowly come to accept that it's just a cop-out.

If I do take another disciple, I'll simply tell them two things.
1. Entropia is a grind
2. Entropia is pay to win

There is absolutely nothing fun about these events, unless you're a "grinder". Nothing wrong with loving the grind, but some of us wanted Entropia to become more widely appealing. Something exciting. Something to brag to your friends about. Back in the Project Entropia days, I was pretty sure Mindark shared this vision.

Now instead of content, we get iron missions and pokemon. RT's "Hunt the Thing" is probably the most interesting thing I've seen in EU since my avatar was born in '06.

Maybe its time you moved on from being a mentor. Your just going to chase people away from the game with this mentality. Please don't take this the wrong way, your completely entitled to your opinion but don't ruin the game for new players.

I thought anything sold in the web shop was MA's including the ammo. So all the universal ammo people got by opening boxes instead of buying from the standard stuff from the TT has been taken out of the Caly turn over.

We're moving away from the topic of MM with this and other posts, but turnover is generated when you decay stuff, among other things, not by buying stuff. I'm not happy that we still don't know more about the breakdown of how revenues are actually generated (and then split into payouts to CLDs, Caly, MA, royalties to registration-promoters etc), but on the biggest question of whether MA has to share anything with any partners, I believe it can keep any differences between purchases and tt value entirely for itself. I also expect MA owns the rights to at least the pets from boxes; whether other pets will be part of income generation for planets of origin once compets come in is something to find out I guess....

We know from past years that mayhem has a big effect on CLD payouts, so even though they are instanced, they are part of the CLD and Caly package. On Ark we have been told that the underground instances are NOT part of AUD payouts, so that is at least clear there.

:topic: Back on topic.... please can a few people say/confirm what bonuses they have received. I believe they are paid out either automatically on passing the point thresholds or when you hand in stars for the FFA, so I'm sure some people have already got into the higher bonus amounts already.....

:topic: Back on topic.... please can a few people say/confirm what bonuses they have received. I believe they are paid out either automatically on passing the point thresholds or when you hand in stars for the FFA, so I'm sure some people have already got into the higher bonus amounts already.....

What do you need to know that isn't already written in the rules?

•500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
•2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
•5000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo
•7500 Points - 750 PED Universal Ammo
•10000 Points - 1000 PED Universal Ammo

So if you get 10k points in total, you will have received 50+200+500+750+1000=2500 peds.
Already collected that with the FFA and am halfway there on the solo.

Back