Please Help 120k peds Mistake!

Status
I was really tired and was going to fly to Calypso last night, I could have sworn I removed all my stackables and quickly clicked on the message that told me I was going into lootable PVP. I got shot down and looted and then realized that I hadn't cleared my inventory of lootables.

I lost 120k Peds because of a mistake.

Can MA please lock the person who looted me and make them give back my stuff?

I've got four kids to feed.

Grow up.....!!

When certain locked avatars were "accidentally" (it wasn't a bug but an unwanted sideffect of the migration I believe) unlocked at VU10 and tried to give back items they had loaned at the time of their ban in 06 MA went in and retrieved the items after they were traded

but that's not nearly the same situation since all MA did was to enforce the "all trades are final" that occurred before the ban...which is still a dick move because they were informed the items were loaned and wanted the trade reversed

or so the story goes....

Don't speak if you don't know, the banned and locked avatars were all the same as the owner as the bank. So that's very very different .

Maybe he meant his avatars life savings :confused:

btw, did you hear the one about the guy that mortgaged his house and bought an asteroid in a video game? :D

I guess when it goes well they are clever investors, when it goes bad they are stupid gamblers :dunce:

The whole thing is easy for both parties to sort out.

And he will be a stand up guy and resolve the issue.

If both parties communicate, I am sure Mary Jane will be only too happy to give Pitbull a drink (some peds) as compensation or as a thank you for doing the right thing and returning the items.

On a separate note, I think its actually reassuring that MA have taken the matter seriously, it gives me confidence that perhaps they could help or mediate in any future error I made where considerable amounts of money are involved.

Hope you both sort it out amicably and life can continue for you both without the stress.

I vote for Entropian of the Year award goes to Pitbull for doing the right thing.

Stand up guy and resolve the issue? For what, it gives nothing to resolve. He has win the Action fair and legal! Doing the right thing an give all back? Why, becouse a Child drink to much and mean he has make a mistake? Pitbulls right is do nothing he can hold everthing and that is the right thing!

This was a big mistake from MA that have closed Pitbulls account. For what? He has not doing something wrong. So everythime a Child mean he has get not enough for his items in AH, he can write a Supportcase and MA close the account from the buyer? If Ma change the rules the open al doors for everyone, the get for everything a supportcase and many Entropians quit this game.

Every trade is Final! Thats it..

So next time i drunk to mach gambling with Eplosive Bleuprint and let run slotmaschine with 50K i can write Ma and say sry was a mistake. I have also 2 Childs and Wife and need the Money.

So a friend of me makes a run, get a busllshit in the hunt, loosing 20k Ped, so he can write sry MA i need the Money, was a mistake, i have also two children and a Wife.

So next time somebody busing a amp, a weapon or something else really cheap in AH, he must be afraid to get closed his account?

really what you guys think you do in Entropia, you lose Money, win Money, go to risk every Dollar or Euro you invest. This is not a i try and want my Money back.

Mary Jane has make a mistake, yea thats treu but his stupidy and his way to go with it are wrong. He can come in Community and say, ok was a mistake somebody has buy it and thats it. But he write the support, say the name, show a picture from it. Let people talking about scam, about he must get it back and a lot of other things.

Really its make now our live in Future in Entropia more bad. It gives people the do nothing else, the buying and selling things , the buy from AH and sell it over the AH. So we lose all becouse he wants something back what its not from him. He has sell it for 68 PED. Conract is Contract! It was fair and legal!

If MA change it, the AH is more than dead and nobod can sell something expensive over it. It was from beginning, Trade is Final! And not i lose something and come in community and cry that i get it back.

caveat emptor. bad luck but that's it. if the guy gives you a refund, better be thankful, cause he certainly isn't morally bound to do so. "all trades are final" for a reason!

You have it back the front. He isn't legally bound to do anything. He is morally bound though.
The fact that he and others here may no see that, sadly its a mark against their character & reputations.

Isn't it a real pity that all this could have been avoided by Pitbull if he had just said something like "hey mate, I just realised that the trade was wrong, so I am going to refund to you - not the difference because I am a hard nosed reseller & need to make a profit/cover my costs & then some - will give you 2/3 maybe". Mary Jane would have jumped at the offer and MA would not have been dragged into a potential morass

You have it back the front. He isn't legally bound to do anything. He is morally bound though.
The fact that he and others here may no see that, sadly its a mark against their character & reputations.

Isn't it a real pity that all this could have been avoided by Pitbull if he had just said something like "hey mate, I just realised that the trade was wrong, so I am going to refund to you - not the difference because I am a hard nosed reseller & need to make a profit/cover my costs & then some - will give you 2/3 maybe". Mary Jane would have jumped at the offer and MA would not have been dragged into a potential morass

Lol the trade was not wrong, it gives no refund. Refund for what? That a Child drunk to much and make a conract? Mary Jane has invest to make more Money in this game, thats it, and he makes a mistake, thats it! Nobody is morally bound to do anything! And Ma do it better to do nothing!

Pittbull must hold everthing and give nothing back, thats the right way. He has buying it fair and legal. It his not his mistake and its not his bussines whats happen with Mary Jane. Somebody thats go a risk, drunk and want make Profit, can not come in community and cry and mean he want something back.

What happens with the MOney if Auds going nothing worth, if Entropia going Bankrupt? So he need this MOney why he going risk it, becouse he wants more Money. All Trades are Final!

this is Entropia not my little Pony game!

Stand up guy and resolve the issue? For what, it gives nothing to resolve. He has win the Action fair and legal! Doing the right thing an give all back? Why, becouse a Child drink to much and mean he has make a mistake? Pitbulls right is do nothing he can hold everthing and that is the right thing!

This was a big mistake from MA that have closed Pitbulls account. For what? He has not doing something wrong. So everythime a Child mean he has get not enough for his items in AH, he can write a Supportcase and MA close the account from the buyer? If Ma change the rules the open al doors for everyone, the get for everything a supportcase and many Entropians quit this game.

Every trade is Final! Thats it..

So next time i drunk to mach gambling with Eplosive Bleuprint and let run slotmaschine with 50K i can write Ma and say sry was a mistake. I have also 2 Childs and Wife and need the Money.

So a friend of me makes a run, get a busllshit in the hunt, loosing 20k Ped, so he can write sry MA i need the Money, was a mistake, i have also two children and a Wife.

So next time somebody busing a amp, a weapon or something else really cheap in AH, he must be afraid to get closed his account?

really what you guys think you do in Entropia, you lose Money, win Money, go to risk every Dollar or Euro you invest. This is not a i try and want my Money back.

Mary Jane has make a mistake, yea thats treu but his stupidy and his way to go with it are wrong. He can come in Community and say, ok was a mistake somebody has buy it and thats it. But he write the support, say the name, show a picture from it. Let people talking about scam, about he must get it back and a lot of other things.

Really its make now our live in Future in Entropia more bad. It gives people the do nothing else, the buying and selling things , the buy from AH and sell it over the AH. So we lose all becouse he wants something back what its not from him. He has sell it for 68 PED. Conract is Contract! It was fair and legal!

If MA change it, the AH is more than dead and nobod can sell something expensive over it. It was from beginning, Trade is Final! And not i lose something and come in community and cry that i get it back.

I take it if an old lady gave a £50 instead of a £5 note, you would take the £50 because it was her mistake.

And you would be fine with that...... Ok well if that's how you conduct your life, its you that has to live with it.

Sorry I am old school, I play the game and treat people how I like to be treated......

I gave peds back after someone made an error.....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275381-Looking-for-Daniel-DannyO-Ocean

I don't see what the problem is...

Yea in this case it is not a old lady! It is a grow Man, that is drunk, that wants make more Money, that has invest and now he has lose everything, he have read everything he has make his account. And no i dont want give him something back, becouse he is not a old lady that makes a mistake.

He is somebod that has want make more money and now something happen, whats happen everyday in real world too. Somebody has make a mistake and lose, and on the other site somebody win. Thats happen everyday on Stock exchange, market.

So next time i buying shares make a mistake, somebody else win, i cry and want my money back? Thats unreal..

Sorry I am old school, I play the game and treat people how I like to be treated......

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275381-Looking-for-Daniel-DannyO-Ocean

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. This is about ethics and morality - we are not dealing with a big corporation but a man (albeit named a girl) who made a mistake. Its just not right to seek to benefit from this mistake.

Yea in this case it is not a old lady! It is a grow Man, that is drunk, that wants make more Money, that has invest and now he can lose everything, he have read everything he has make his account. And no i dont want give him something back, becouse he is not a old lady that makes a mistake.

He is somebod that has want make more money and now something happen, whats happen everyday in real world too. Somebody has make a mistake and lose, and on the other siede somebody win. Thats happen everyday on Stock exchange, market.

So next time i buying shares make a mistake, somebody else win, i cry and want my money back? Thats unreal..

Is there no difference between a calculated gamble and a genuine error.........

What it is interesting is learning which players are traders / resellers just by what they write.

I said it earlier but in a 370+ post thread people tend to skip to the end and not read most of the posts, I think CLD / AUD need to be unlistable on auction until there is a signifcant coding change.

I cant list 5 apartment deeds stuck together (I only own one but you see the point) let alone 50.

No it is not about ethics and morality, it is no difference between a calculated gamble and a genuine error.........

It has nothing to do with a genuine error, you like to see it like this. But its a normal thing, many people with wife and children buying shares and drunk an makes mistakes and lose money.

In this case i say you, if MA do something this small Playerbase going smaller, you can trust me. In this point we have finish everything and we can not trust more MA, if the do something.

ethics and morality is something that is different from everybody, in my opinion he has drunk, has invest to get richer or make more money and now he has make a mistake.

For a German are 10K Euro or Dollar not much, for a American its not much, but for a Romanian is 1000 € much money, so how says how gets now his money back, the russian, the german, the african. What is much what not? Thats Madness..

Thats it. So everybody in this game make a mistake get now his money back? This is made, what happens he makes the big Money, so he pay it back? What is for you guys a risk investment, what happens Auds going worth nothing, or Entropia are dead. So we pay him this money back, or alle player? i think not.

I take it if an old lady gave a £50 instead of a £5 note, you would take the £50 because it was her mistake.

And you would be fine with that...... Ok well if that's how you conduct your life, its you that has to live with it.

Well you and me and a lot others would do so, but I would not bet on it, if this mistake would happen to me.

There is different peoples in EU!

Some want to be seen as nice people, those would give back.
Some just want to make PED, don´t care about reputation, unlikely to give something back.
Some are greedy bastards trying to scam and take advantage of any fail a player could do, no way to get anything back.

Once Pitbulls account is unlocked we will see what group of person Pitbull is to count in.

Sidenote:
If my account would be locked because something sold to my auction order and the lock is a direct reaction of MA to a whinning support case sent by the player who did the mistake - I would not give anything back, as this bastard caused a lock of my account - should bleed for it !

Contacting me ingame or in forum or through some friends, then solving the problem - yeah I would be willing to give back, but not after locking my account.

If a contract contain not true elements, lies ect it can be null.
Mary Jane lied in this contract about MU.
68 peds for 2k deeds is so far from average MU that we cant consider as mistake in calculation but we need to take it as a lie.
It also open question about auction prices manipulation.
So contract is null.

Last edited:
No it is not about ethics and morality, it is no difference between a calculated gamble and a genuine error.........

It has nothing to do with a genuine error, you like to see it like this. But its a normal thing, many people with wife and children buying shares and drunk an makes mistakes and lose money.

In this case i say you, if MA do something this small Playerbase going smaller, you can trust me. In this point we have finish everything and we can not trust more MA, if the do something.

ethics and morality is something that is different from everybody, in my opinion he has drunk, has invest to get richer or make more money and now he has make a mistake.

For a German are 10K Euro or Dollar not much, for a American its not much, but for a Romanian is 1000 € much money, so how says how gets now his money back, the russian, the german, the african. What is much what not? Thats Madness..

Thats it. So everybody in this game make a mistake get now his money back? This is made, what happens he makes the big Money, so he pay it back? What is for you guys a risk investment, what happens Auds going worth nothing, or Entropia are dead. So we pay him this money back, or alle player? i think not.

Interesting take and perspective...... no difference between a calculated risk/gamble and a genuine error, we obviously disagree on that point.

A calculated risk / gamble is when someone who has weighed up all the available information and makes a conscious decision to proceed with a transaction, knowing only too well that the item they buy, can go up or down.

A genuine error, whether sober/drunk or just stupid, is when you didn't knowing or intend to do something.

There is a clear difference in my eyes.

Reactions: SHY
Well you and me and a lot others would do so, but I would not bet on it, if this mistake would happen to me.

There is different peoples in EU!

Some want to be seen as nice people, those would give back.
Some just want to make PED, don´t care about reputation, unlikely to give something back.
Some are greedy bastards trying to scam and take advantage of any fail a player could do, no way to get anything back.

Once Pitbulls account is unlocked we will see what group of person Pitbull is to count in.

Sidenote:
If my account would be locked because something sold to my auction order and the lock is a direct reaction of MA to a whinning support case sent by the player who did the mistake - I would not give anything back, as this bastard caused a lock of my account - should bleed for it !

Contacting me ingame or in forum or through some friends, then solving the problem - yeah I would be willing to give back, but not after locking my account.

Come on, if you had made the mistake, with that amount of money involved, wouldn't you do everything you could!!

I am sure Pitbull will do the right thing on this occasion anyway.

So you want say we pay every drunk or stupid Entropian his money back? We pay now every entropian that makes every mistake in the game, his Money back? Thats the way you want go and risk all investment what people have do in the game...? Thats the dead for this game, world..sry

Many people think i can not more invest in this, becouse MA changes the rules...

Boy we sure are making giant stretches of logic to make points.

Who cares. In the end, it's a terrible situation to be in that can be easily dismissed if you never had it happen to you (like young bleeding hearts spending tax money that's not theirs on senseless programs though having never paid taxes).

In the end, the auction interface is outdated. It needs some safeguards that make sense, better means of understanding your auctions when you place them, and better UI.

What happens now betweem pitbull and mj is up to them and mindark and debating this or insulting pitbulls might make the outcome worse.

Reactions: SHY
But its a normal thing, many people with wife and children buying shares and drunk an makes mistakes and lose money

It's normal for someone to invest their family's life savings in a game and then make decisions about that money when drunk?

That's normal?

If a contract contain not true elements, lies ect it can be null.
Mary Jane lied in this contract about MU.
68 peds for 2k deeds is so far from average MU that we cant consider as mistake in calculation but we need to take it as a lie.
It also open question about auction prices manipulation.
So contract is null.

It's not a legal contract. It's an auction. And it's not a mistake, it's (as I said earlier a couple of time I think) a stupid mistake, if that.

So you want say we pay every drunk or stupid Entropian his money back? We pay now every entropian that makes every mistake in the game, his Money back? Thats the way you want go and risk all investment what people have do in the game...? Thats the dead for this game, world..sry

Many people think i can not more invest in this, becouse MA changes the rules...

Look we all make mistakes in the game, and I have like many people tt bits of shadow etc when I have had a few to many drinks, but we are not taking about a few hundred peds here.

MA has temporary locked his account, while they look into the issue which is an irregularity, that's no different to what you bank would do if they saw something like this. I actually applaud them for doing this. Nobody is accusing or implying Pitbull has done anything wrong, and I guess under the rules of the game he is quite entitled to take the money. But, one also hopes, and this should be reassuring to others, that if you make a mistake, when large sums are involved, there can be a governing body that in extreme cases can try to resolve the issue.

MA may very well decide that it is not something they can get involved in, and will purely look to mediate.

It then all comes down to personal integrity.

Nobody has say that ist wrong to make a better the auction interface...

What happens now betweem pitbull and mj is not Mindarks businnes like the Rules we have. But Mindark has closed Pitblls account and thats is something thats not ok and not fair.

Thats the case, tommorow you buying something cheap or great in AH and yu must be afraid Mindarks close you account for investigation or a busllshit like this.

It gives nothing that Pittbull have do, that Mindark react like this. And if MA do something in case, we all now, we are not save in this game, our investment is not save. You make a great deal, you are not save, thats it.

So what is happen with all trades are Final? How say what is a lot of Money and what not? Next time a African or a Romanian, make a mistake its only 2000 Euro worth.

Its a lot of Money for him or her, and he has also children and wife, or we have a African, for him are 1000 Euro a lot of Money, now wee say, come we give him that back? How makes this dession, how says what is a mistake what not?

the playerbase is really small, what you think do the people the see that MA interakt like the want, you think the let the money in this game, no the take it out. thats the point..

I have alone on my Friendlist 25 people the have a lot of Money ingame, and the say no, this is crazy. We grow years of years with the Rule every trade are Final. And now its not? So the can change the ah thats is better and mistakes are not much comming but in this case Ma better do nothing..

Where did MJ say he was drunk? I keep looking but cant find it.

2 beers... depends on the reader's constitution I would think :laugh:

everytime m Children play Pokemon on smartphone, the get the news /warning, be carefull, dont drive, dont walk wrong..things like this. maybee we need for some entropians also news/warning like this the use the AH. Be carfull dont sell to low, dont drunk and use AH, or things like this..

What's interesting to see here is that nobody's actually wrong. A mistake has been made. Sad, costly one.
And a lucky guy made a life's deal in a virtual economy.

I believe MA should and would do nothing about it. It has to be dealt with by and only by the two protagonists.

12k$ is nothing for MA in terms of numbers. Think about the ammounts that last got on the news. Hundred of thousands for islands, planets, moons....they don't have anything to prove anymore, to anyone, that they know how to deal with money.

12k$, again, is nothing MJ. No matter how painful it seems to you right now, you've got legs, lungs, healthy wife and children, I assume. That is worth so much more man. So MUCH MUCH more.

Nothing is permanent in life, never forget this.
:wise:
This may be a sign for you to focus on what is more meaningful to you, your family, maybe.

Nothing happens for no reason and there is always a way to find a meaning in some action and their consequences.

Take care and get through it, only positiveness will emerge from this.

I have read all these arguments, and that's what I see.
MA have no opportunity just to reverse this deal, without creating a dangerous precedent which will give possibility to players-victims to ask for compensation in similar cases (including me). Therefore, the only way what I see, and probably because of what had been temporarily blocked Pitbull's account. MA just start the search Pitbull's logs for violations of the EULA and ToU. Yes, violations, small or big, we do all (or almost all). If MA will found significant violations in Pitbill's logs, they will have the right to block the account permanently, and after the lock they will return deeds to MJ, without returning anything to me, or other victims. This is the only possible solution for MA without creating a dangerous precedent, and I believe that there is an investigation in this direction. If I were in their place, I probably would have done something similar. But, if they not find violations, they will likely have to leave everything as it is. But violations, I think, have all players, in a greater or lesser extent. Just MA do not pay attention to them until happens something out of the ordinary.

Status
Back