UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

Feedback
  • Title: Player Register not accessible via Contact Window
Description:
  • Current: Player Register is missing from the Contact Window.
  • Suggested: Player Register should be available via the Contact Window (it was accessible there in the old UI).
  • Reason: Adding this function will increase accessibility to social systems for old and new players alike. It was also present in the old UI.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows one way the Player Register could be added to the Contact Window:
4DtGXYa.png

Feedback
  • Title: Offline Time no longer shows on Contact List
Description:
  • Current: Offline Time no longer shows for any offline friends
  • Suggested: Should be able to see how long a friend has been offline in contact list if they have this shared.
  • Reason: Adding this function will increase accessibility to social systems for old and new players alike. It was also present in the old UI.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows a location where Offline Time could be re-added to the Contact's info:
ap8zk9m.png

Feedback
  • Title: Vehicle Status Bar does not stay where last set when vehicle is respawned
Description:
  • Current: Vehicle Status Bar resets to the default location on every vehicle respawn.
  • Suggested: Vehicle Status Bar should stay where it was last dragged when vehicle was last spawned.
  • Reason: Allowing this status bar to stay where last set will result in a cleaner UI and not hide the Status Bar behind any other windows.
Screenshots:
This Screenshot shows both the initial location and desired location of the Vehicle Status Bar.
HvXXyeW.png

Feedback
  • Title: Mouseover of Action Bar Tool does not update in real-time.
Description:
  • Current: Mouseover Action Bar Icons does not update the TT value, etc.. in real-time like it did in the old UI.
  • Suggested: Hovering the mouse over the equipped tool/weapon should update the TT value, etc. in real-time.
  • Reason: This was in the old UI and it allow players to stay better informed while playing. It leads to smoother gameplay.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows which information should update in real-time as an item is used and decays, etc.
CvuoXri.png

Feedback
  • Title: item TT is not displayed like ity used to be when we hover mouse over icon
Description:
  • Current: while you use certain item and keep mouse over icon the TT stays the same unles you move mouse away away and over the icon again
  • Suggested: Please bring back "live" tt
  • Reason: It was helpful when using L items, i could see how many shots i have left to make sure fast item switch when it brakes

Feedback
  • Title: Mouseover of Action Bar Tool does not update in real-time.
Description:
  • Current: Mouseover Action Bar Icons does not update the TT value, etc.. in real-time like it did in the old UI.
  • Suggested: Hovering the mouse over the equipped tool/weapon should update the TT value, etc. in real-time.
  • Reason: This was in the old UI and it allow players to stay better informed while playing. It leads to smoother gameplay.
Screenshots:
This screenshot shows which information should update in real-time as an item is used and decays, etc.
CvuoXri.png
I actually didnt read previous posts but you explained way better what i would like to be changed.

Feedback

As you cater to all suggestions, feedback and wishes, it's easy to lose the overall design concept. Great work with granting our wishes of customizability and different mechanics, but I think especially the HP/reload dashboard is quite messy right now.

I have listed some feedback on current mechanics below, together with suggestions (see screenshots) of new window organizations that could perhaps clean up the design a little bit as well.

index.php

- PED balance moved from the dashboard to a separate widget, which you can toggle on/off in options. No need to cram it inside the same dashboard together with HP and reload.

- Separated HP and reload bars. When the HP bar is right on top of the reload, they interfere with each other so much visually as they move back and forth. They can't be above and below each other imo, have to be separated left and right.

- Adjusted width-height ratio of both HP and reload bars. They are hard to follow when they are long and slim. Especially the reload bar does not have to be long at all, the important thing is simply to have something to time your item switches to.

- Current HP displayed inside HP bar and updates as you take damage. With toggle on/off in Options.

- Avatar name displayed below HP bar instead of inside HP bar.

- Added % left of TT for the equipped tool - saw that in a previous post, great suggestion.

- Made the center of radar a dot again. The big arrow of current UI is too big, it blocks the mobs nearby. You don't need an arrow, since the direction you face is already clear.

Last edited:
New hotfix is out!

If you're inside the game, you need to log out and back in to apply it:
  • It is now possible to hide an action bar, but still use any actions and items bound to it!
  • Nameplates should now show the Society correctly.
  • The notification UI (location banner) should no longer be stuck. We are aware that it is still not working entirely as intended though.

• Title: Backup links don't work
Description:
  • Current: Links from backups are not clickable
  • Suggested: Links from backups on notes should be clickable
  • Reason: made backups in onedrive on word and after i paste them on new notes they no longer work

Still not fixed, can we expect a fix for this?

Feedback
  • Title: Dying as a Mob
Description:
  • Current: Creature Control, when you die as a mob it causing the UI to break
  • Suggested: Make sure the action bars doesn't disappear and are interactable. Make it so you can interact with everything (such as terminals, and anything you can press interact on). As well as making sure the mission log doesn't disappear
  • Reason: If you die as a creature, be it by player or by water/time out your UI breaks and you cannot use any of the functions in game, you must relog and turn one of the action bars to 'hidden' and turn it back on for it to reappear and then place them back to where you had them. I sometimes use mob pills for events such as mob races and 'last kill shot wins' events
Screenshots: not a screenshot but did get it on stream today

Feedback
  • Title: Locked on Target
Description:
  • Current: When you are locked on a target, either a mob or a teleporter, it is hard to untarget it and you get stuck running towards it (currently the quickest way to untarget is right click and left click together)
  • Suggested: Make it easier to snap off of a target/teleporter either by untargetting the mob or by looking away from it
  • Reason: It is harder to pull a mob while sweating and there is a higher risk of snapping onto someone else's mob and not being able to untarget, an example would be if you were in an event and targeted someone elses mob but you couldn't untarget. (also its annoying to be stuck to a mob and the only way out of it is right and left click which isn't obvious to newer players)

Description:
  • Reason: made backups in onedrive on word and after i paste them on new notes they no longer work

That is normal, you copied them as normal text, don't expect ingame behaviour to be preserved....

Feedback
  • Title: Coloring/texturing not rotatable
Description:
  • Current: You cannot rotate the coloring or texturing items in the preview window.
  • Suggested: Make it so you can rotate the preview
  • Reason: Some textures and colors you need to see from the back to know before applying it, some designs are also on the back of the clothing/vehicle

Feedback
  • Title: Chat Box typing out of the box and tab only works once
Description:
  • Current: If you type a longer message than the box length it types outside of the box, also tabbing to rotate the chat channel now you can only tab once and then it goes back to switching target on mob. At the moment to tab multiple times you need to enter the chat tab then enter the chat again and tab
  • Suggested: Make the text stay within the box, make it so that while your focus on chat you can tab and rotate the chat channels
  • Reason: The text outside of the box is hard to read/understand what you have typed, the tabbing can get annoying if I am out hunting and I dont want to switch mob but tab quickly to get to say society chat and then to team chat and then local.

Feedback
  • Title: Armour Sets
Description:
  • Current: Armour and clothes sets are all on load outs, they also do not create armour sets correctly
  • Suggested: I know this have been mentioned a lot of times but please let us create armour sets that we can assign to action buttons, also make it so when you create a new armour set it creates only armour and not everything you are wearing.
  • Reason: It takes a long time to go through the list of armour sets and clothing sets to find the one you need, this takes time away from being able to start hunting. Also the new armour set creates a set of everything you are wearing so if you remove that 'armour' set it removes everything. You also cant move the ones you need to the top of the list. (I thought that maybe labelling them as 1, 2, would push them to the top, it does not)

Description:

Links copied outside of game no longer stays as link , they never did 😅

Feedback
  • Title: New UI is way better than the preview screenshots had suggested
Description:
  • I just wanted to say something nice :) 👍

Feedback
  • Title: Map should allow to define favourites (at least for TPs)
Description:
  • Current: No favourites
  • Suggested: Add favourites
  • Reason: There are way too many TPs by now and we all have our favourites

Reactions: Tei
Feedback
  • Title: Repair: new option to enter TT-value to repair to (latest new option allows to enter the repair costs)
Description:
  • Current: I have to do math correctly and then adjust the slider or use the new repair costs field
  • Suggested: new field for TT-value to repair to
  • Reason: one less calculation, one chance less to make mistakes
Bonus points:
  • changing either costs or repair-to could update the other field right away (on key-press, not on blur)
  • It would be nice if the TT-value would be stored with the item so the next time I want to repair it that value is suggested

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Inventory/Storage: add a busy indicator while the shader renders the icons
Description:
  • Current: No such indicator
  • Suggested: Show such indicator
  • Reason: the old UI had it and it was obvious that rendering was still in progress

Feedback
  • Title: Skills: Rank-column should be way smaller
Description:
  • Current: Rank-column is too wide
  • Suggested: Make it smaller
  • Reason: Rank only changes much in early stages, then the motivation comes from looking at the points going to the right

Feedback
  • Title: Professions: hovering over progress bar of profession doesn't show detailed percentage value
Description:
  • Current: Hovering shows nothing
  • Suggested: Show percentage just like in old UI with as many decimals (!!)
  • Reason: Motivation! Pride! :)

Feedback
  • Title: Professions: window should be higher, should show as many professions on one page like previous ui
Description:
  • Current: Window is kind of small, shows just a few professions per page
  • Suggested: Show more professions per page
  • Reason: more data in one view

Feedback
  • Title: Progress: Skill pop-up and profession pop-up should hold more entries, ideally all (usually the one I want to look at is missing)
Description:
  • Current: Skill pop-up and profession pop-up show a limited list (I know, the old UI probably didn't show more)
  • Suggested: List more
  • Reason: quite often the one I want to look at is missing

Feedback
  • Title: Missing option to mute pets
Description:
  • Current: THE PETS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD and trigger me randomly
  • Suggested: Option to shut them up
  • Reason: Cats, Teslapods, dogs, ... have highly annoying sounds, they trigger me. I can't stand them, I already killed a keyboard IRL.
My apologies to the sound engineers, they probably did a great job, I just HATE the pet sounds.

Feedback
  • Title: Smallest radar is too large, I want to make it smaller
Description:
  • Current: Radar is resizeable
  • Suggested: Allow making it even smaller
  • Reason: the old UI allowed that and my setup of stuff on the screen doesn't work right now as other windows overlap the radar

Feedback
  • Title: Keyboard-view as we had with F10
Description:
  • Current: No visual display of the key setup, only a list of actions with keys assigned to them
  • Suggested: Provide that keyboard-view from the previous UI
  • Reason: it helps to see the set up keys in one view and understand if the keys (in organised groups) make sense. Right now I have to guess the name of the icon (there are some more and less obvious ones)

Feedback
  • Title: Inventory/Storage: option to rearrange tabs
Description:
  • Current: Order of tabs has changed from previous UI and is fixed
  • Suggested: Allow to rearrange the tabs
  • Reason: I don't use Mindforce for now and yet it's placed kind of prominently in the middle of the tabs

Feedback
  • Title: Coloring/texturing not rotatable
Description:
  • Current: You cannot rotate the coloring or texturing items in the preview window.
  • Suggested: Make it so you can rotate the preview
  • Reason: Some textures and colors you need to see from the back to know before applying it, some designs are also on the back of the clothing/vehicle
The zoom function doesn't work on the previews anymore, either. Difficult to see texture print/pattern areas when you can't rotate or zoom in.
Great suggestion, cat <3

Back