UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

Suggested Improvement: Add a Minimize Button (roll-up blind) and Allow Windows to Move Off-Screen

Feedback Summary:
The inability to minimize windows or move them partially off-screen leads to a cluttered workspace, particularly noticeable on laptop and during activities like scanning. This restriction forces windows to remain fully visible or requires manual closure after each action, hindering efficiency.

Recommendation:
Introduce a minimize button to reduce windows to their title bars, and enable windows to be partially moved off-screen for better workspace management. These enhancements will streamline workflows and improve user experience by allowing for a more organized and customizable screen layout.

Feedback: Mining finders not working properly when dropping probes.

Description: Current: After a claim is found, you can't continue mining for additional finds. You need to mine up a found claim first and then continue.

Suggested: Allow finders to continue mining after a claim is found.

Reason: Advanced miners, depending on location, will do mining runs and mining runs can't happen with finders operating this way.

Description: Current: After a claim is found, you can't continue mining for additional finds. You need to mine up a found claim first and then continue.

Reason: Advanced miners, depending on location, will do mining runs and mining runs can't happen with finders operating this way.
Dropping 500+ bombs a day and all working fine. Being it by clicking on the finder icon or using key to "use tool". No problem at all to keep dropping without extracting first.

Maybe provide more details?

Last edited:

Using LBML I always extract claims right away. Its much more efficient than running about dropping probes then going back and extracting all the claims afterwards. It does not stop me from doing long runs.

Feedback
  • Title: buffs hiding health bars
Description:
  • Current: When you toggle all health bars you see every buff everyone has
  • Suggested: Make it so you can toggle which buffs you can see, for healing I would like to still see the healing timer so I don't waste heals
  • Reason: At the moment it becomes a sea of green at ssi circles making it very difficult to see health bars, I have to angle it in a certain way to see everyone's health. I like that I can toggle all the health bars on but its still hard to see them in a big group. I want to still being able to see when the timer runs out but I don't need to see every ring or buff a person has. This would also help while running races as again the buffs get in the way of seeing names.
Screenshots:
health.jpg

Feedback
  • Title: Missions tracker and log
Description:
  • Current: Mission tracker is transparent and no search function in the log. Grab point for the tracker isn't obvious
  • Suggested: Make it so you can toggle whether its transparent or not, also add a search feature in the mission log to make it easier to find the mission your looking for. Also make an indication where you can grab the mission tracker as a lot of the times I end up grabbing it from the arrow to move it as its the only visible point
  • Reason: At the moment I'm using a chat box so I can read the mission log, I find it very hard to see the white text while the box is transparent. Search feature in the log would be so handy to quickly jump to the mission I need as at the moment when you look for a mission but are, says sweating and its completing another mission, it jumps back to the top and you have to start again. Also its hard to know where to grab and move the tracker from
Screenshots
:
mission-log-chat.jpg
mission-log.jpg

Feedback
  • Title: Chat box and pms
Description:
  • Current: instantly closes when you miss click on the x, pms in chat windows show will a small dot
  • Suggested: either make it so I can create a secondary and third chat windows, like the main chat that has no x, or add a warning before it instantly closes. Make pms that are in the chat box more indicated so that its easier to see if you got a message by making the whole pm tab light up and making the arrow button darker when there's a message
  • Reason: while hunting I use my mouse to click on mobs and I keep accidently hitting the x on my chat windows, I use my main chat window for local/soc/groups and the second window for all the planet chats. third one I use for pms. (I need them separated as otherwise I get confused) I keep missing private messages and people keep thinking I'm ignoring them but its simply that if I don't have my headphones on and a pm comes through I miss it completely. even with my headphones on its becomes a game of chase the sound

Feedback

• Title: mission log on interface doesn't stay where i put it.
  • when i press ALT + ENTER to minimize game screen and then when i go back to full screen, mission log is not where i put it, it goes back to its default spot

Feedback
  • Title: Keyboard-view as we had with F10
Description:
  • Current: No visual display of the key setup, only a list of actions with keys assigned to them
  • Suggested: Provide that keyboard-view from the previous UI
  • Reason: it helps to see the set up keys in one view and understand if the keys (in organised groups) make sense. Right now I have to guess the name of the icon (there are some more and less obvious ones)

Agreed.
Please MA ! :)

Back