Hacked!

Please post more details as soon as you can. I think many people are interested in knowing more about what happened and how it was resolved.

Also, I hope that your first activity upon logging back in was to order yourself a gold card!

Please post more details as soon as you can. I think many people are interested in knowing more about what happened and how it was resolved.

Also, I hope that your first activity upon logging back in was to order yourself a gold card!

I second that! Would love to hear the full story 'once'!
(actually i second both statements, but the latter suggestion likely is ... redundant :D)

Last edited:
:yay: :yay: AWEsome. More than hoped for :wtg:

If you are going to fry the hacker .. will you post pictures :vampire:

Great to see MA is actually doing something!

:)
Gratz!

weeeeee /me happy.grats m8

now can someone please hack me so i can get intouch with that supportchick? :p

Gratz Loki,

I am glad you got most of your stuff returned and hopefully the hacker is locked out and found out :ninja:

This has renewed my faith in MA and I hope they aggressively go after people inflitrating and hacking EU participants. They need to do this, its bad PR otherwise. I mean really what bank is gonna buy a virtual license if there is a potential to be hacked and MA goes "oh well you shoulda known betta"

Hopefully we will see more aggressive track down tactics like this from MA. I am glad they worked with you.

gratz again.

Chris

There is one thing I am unclear on at this point.

Did MA intervene here or not? Everyone is piling on the praise for MA but it seems they are drawing conclusions. You have been very careful not to say MA did anything, or in fact what happened at all. Why?

James (Guardians of Valhalla

Whewwwww.... Glad to hear you got stuff back Loki.

Hope all goes well for now. :yay:

You guys are all jumping to conclusions that MA "gave" him his stuff back.

First of all, this would set a new precident, as it goes against their usual policy on handling such things. Secondly, this would open up a whole world of potential new issues -- people faking scams and hacks and demanding retribution from MA, issues as to how you prove a true hack or not, dealing with what happens once a "hacked" item has been sold to another "honest" player who paid real money for it, etc. All the reasons why MA has refused to take action in the past.

Anyway ... don't get too excited about MA's response, as it is only an assumption on your part at this point. And even if it's true, you should think about if it's really something to cheer about or not.

Loki himself said that you are making assumptions in his post on e-pec (post #74 of this thread)

While I don't wish a scam or hack on anyone, this whole thing just seems a little odd. I guess all we can do is wait and hope we hear the real story soon. An official response from MA would certainly be helpful, as well, if nothing else just to reaffirm their policy against returning "hacked" items.

Good to hear that there has been some movement. There is hope for me then, I didn't have close to what Loki had but what I had is what kept me going. IF they don't want to help me then I will no longer deposit. I still think it is very lame that a depositor has to pay extra to get security.

As I have said before, a GC should be a bonus to those that deposit, even if they have a set amount, it may encourage people to deposit and we all know that deposits are a big part of the financial equation.

For those that have already bought their GC it is too bad that you had to pay for security that you should just receive for supporting the game.

Hmmm...:scratch2: DID MA really helped out on this one..? Then why did they help Loki and noone else?
Guess we'll never get the answer to that one..
Anyway, Loki; so glad you got your stuff back. No matter how you/MA/police did it =)

Oh and I suggest this thread is over and out now, coz Loki got his stuff back..and no one will ever know how..

That is really lame. I really hope you had a GC bro. Can't stand creatons that steal like that. Wish there was a way to find out where the hacker lives in RL. :ninja:

Loki there is a way u can press charges on the guy who hacked you... I know this cuase I did it once in another MMO which my account was hacked... You have to press charges at the police station and then give them all the info, in which they will contact MA which by LAW have to give information about IP addresses... In turn the IP will give away the person in charge of hacking your account... then you can take it to court... MA has all the proof of who is i cuase of the world logs they HAVE to keep by LAW.. Do yourself a favor and dont just give up on it... It took me about 1 year to finaly get it done... at first it was becuase the stupid police station thought i was joking around with the issue that i got hacked on a GAME... But Be serious with all of it and get the info that u need... Dont let Scum walk the earth thinking he got away with it... Good luck to you man and hope u Look further into what im telling u...

Glad you have 'most' of your stuff back Loki.

Am extremely intrigued to hear the full details when you disclose them.

Grats from me too! Glad to hear you got most of your stuff back. Go on with the good work.
Finest greetings!

Happy ending m8 it could have been different and maybe we get some insight now in the way it s done and maybe prevent same in the future
Big gratz!!
dj
"it's in our genes":wtg::wtg: :wtg:

Nice one :)

I wonder do we have any legal eagles in entropia who would help you loki - would be cool if the hacker got busted. - and real good PR.. hint hint MA....

For those that have already bought their GC it is too bad that you had to pay for security that you should just receive for supporting the game.

BEFORE there was a GC there was nothing to protect you're account. IF YOU had been there PRIOR to the GCs coming into EXISTANCE maybe,just MAYBE you wouldn't be flapping you gums about HOW much MA OWES YOU A DAMN CARD or ANY security
THEY didnt FORCE you to play..NOR did THEY put A GUN to your HEAD and TELL you to DEPOSIT!

Enough with Your MA OWES for my SORRY ass SUPPORTING the game!

Precisely HOW are you Supporting the game??? AND exactly,in your own words,are there any other games out there that will BEYOND a shadow of a godamn DOUBT garuntee your ABSOLUTE security.

Also,as Felicity has pointed out,the original starter of this thread has "Teased" his way into what has been an assumption."OOOHH I got hacked and suddenly my stuff came back but I'll tell you later how it happened,but only after I'm done talking to MA." is quite "Fishy"

More than fishy..it out and out stinks....

Anyone (such as DJ,who has been hacked) would be more than forthcoming with the info....so why the tease and allegories?

You've all been duped. And until the "Duper" can come out and say anything without games or misleading statements one can only assume that thats "the way it is ladies and gentlemen,so bite me!"

BEFORE there was a GC there was nothing to protect you're account. IF YOU had been there PRIOR to the GCs coming into EXISTANCE maybe,just MAYBE you wouldn't be flapping you gums about HOW much MA OWES YOU A DAMN CARD or ANY security
THEY didnt FORCE you to play..NOR did THEY put A GUN to your HEAD and TELL you to DEPOSIT!

Enough with Your MA OWES for my SORRY ass SUPPORTING the game!

Precisely HOW are you Supporting the game??? AND exactly,in your own words,are there any other games out there that will BEYOND a shadow of a godamn DOUBT garuntee your ABSOLUTE security.

Also,as Felicity has pointed out,the original starter of this thread has "Teased" his way into what has been an assumption."OOOHH I got hacked and suddenly my stuff came back but I'll tell you later how it happened,but only after I'm done talking to MA." is quite "Fishy"

More than fishy..it out and out stinks....

Anyone (such as DJ,who has been hacked) would be more than forthcoming with the info....so why the tease and allegories?

You've all been duped. And until the "Duper" can come out and say anything without games or misleading statements one can only assume that thats "the way it is ladies and gentlemen,so bite me!"

would have been just as effective if you did the whole dang post in caps.:rolleyes:

Nice one :)

I wonder do we have any legal eagles in entropia who would help you loki - would be cool if the hacker got busted. - and real good PR.. hint hint MA....

As said...Did MA really had anything to do with this? They might have..and they might not..
For some to to know and for the rest to find out..=) Just don't give them too much cred...Sometimes you have to solve your problems on your own..

Details are limited in cases like these because the process of determining the final outcome is not complete.

I would not advise full public disclosure of an investigation until I was certain the outcome was concluded.

Then again, staying silent can prevent postive outcomes which are motivated by the pressure of public knowledge.

We can't determine whether speaking our or staying silent is best for anyone in a situation we do not share.

Instead, have a little patience.

ok i cant keep my mouth shut on this.
This game is made with real cash economy.
and i think it is really bad that you have BUY security to prevent you from beeing hacked. With real cash this game should have been made with the best security from start.
Its like if you go to a bank to save money they say to you.
"it will cost you 1000 dollars extra to keep your money safe in bank. If you dont pay that your money can be stolen."

I will never have more money in this game than i can afford to loose.
This is just a game for me, not a place to build my private economy.

and i think it is really bad that you have BUY security to prevent you from beeing hacked. With real cash this game should have been made with the best security from start.
"it will cost you 1000 dollars extra to keep your money safe in bank. If you dont pay that your money can be stolen."

Think of the $20 as "buying" the game, you tried the trial version, now you want to stay and play.

And then you have a variable playing fee. Other games are $15 a month. EU is great because it lets you choose what level you wish to play at.

Some choose to play without paying anything.
Some pay $15 a month to play
Some pay $100 a month
Some pay much much much more.

Bottom line is, if you have more monetary/sentimental value tied up in your avi than you are willing to lose, spend the $20 and help secure it.

If you have issues with this, then it is quite simple, go and play something else.

And we dont know for sure that Loki was hacked yet. We have yet to hear the whole story.

Well Miss Annica,

the bank I do have my accounts at does have the impudence to take monthly fees.
Considering I do not have to pay MA anything else than a one time fee of 20$ or 15.49 € for a security system that is even more secure than that of my bank...
it seems for me they are even quite cheaper.

Also considering all the beginners that do not stay - lets say 75% - if you would enforce a goldcard on them MA would need to get the money to pay for that costs somewhere.
I would rather not have that bad loot - its bad enough as it is at the moment.

And first time depositors put in small amounts normally... so sending them the GC automatically would require either to raise the minimum allowed first deposit so MAs losses are not too bad, or again it will impact the lootpool.

I guess its good the way it is at the moment - only wish I had would be more extensive informations within EU itself about the card.
Me myself was quite insecure about what I would get and how it would work when I ordered the GC.

Think of the $20 as "buying" the game, you tried the trial version, now you want to stay and play.

If 20$ is buying the game then it is not free as MA say on the website.
If i get hacked i dont loose much and i just stop play this game then.
Well maybe i logon and just say hi to friends now and then.
This is still just a game for me and if i cant stand to loose anything it is not a game anymore.

and i think it is really bad that you have BUY security to prevent you from beeing hacked.

You don't.
People get hacked because their PC is insecure or they were foolish/negligent, not because EU is insecure. MA offer the GC to protect you from yourself, not because of poor security at their end.

MA sells the GoldCards at cost; I think thats a important notice.

That "free" advertisement MA does means alot of people join and quit after a week -so no need for a goldcard really. Its a nice way for people to check out if they like the game or not. And I have said many times -EU really isnt for everyone.
If MA were to spend their money on shipping goldcards on their expence, to everyone joining... well. I dont think its necessary.

No the game wouldnt be free to play if you had to do a 20$ signup to play it.
I think its honestly best the way it is, you yourself have a oppertunity to secure your funds. That way you can yourself buy a goldcard when/if you are ready for it.
And if you dont buy one but are aware it exist, then its really indirectly your foult. Like keeping the door to your house unlocked.

The only thing that needs improving is the communication, that it should be more information to newcomers about security and goldcards. But we have the guides now.

i still dont get why yall have dubts,loki got his shit back,lets just parteh and end this crappy "fishy dubtintg and other stuf" and be happy for him.
Till the full story comes just keep ya pants on till u read it,then maybe start making asumptions(or how ever they called).
again gg m8 :)

So if a thief robs your wallet and then uses your Bank Card and as you where so stupid to write the PIN on it you will blame the Bank for this?

I think you are from another Planet - not Calypso or Earth for sure as I know for sure you will have big trouble to explain to the Bank why the thief had your PIN code to get to the money from your account.

Same with EU if you let a Kacker into your Computer and let him Steal your Username and Password so cant blame MA for that.

If they help you out of the mess you crated by letting Hackers into your Computer you have to thank them for their effort and not blame them for your shortcomming.

PS:

Sorry for all the losses you got out of this crap that happend to you Loki.

PPS:

I was also playing for more than a year without gold card, though I did never switched off my brain while on the computer and subsequently did not got infected with some crap prg's on that machine. But after getting a decent HoF first thing was to order a Goldcard.

As others said it is allways a cost vs. benefit calculation...

If you can spread out thousands of infected e-mails without doing anything and in return get some machines which you can investigate and subsequently find some usefull information ans CC-Numbers or in this case the account information of EU you get big return for littel money.

PPPS:

I once suggested that MA may have to put a Tax in place (1% or 2% of the loot you get) for newly arrived participants to EU. This tax would be taken from all loots the avatar would get and when the taxamount reaches the 20 US$ automatically send them a Goldcard.

When the Goldcard returns to MA or the Goldcard is not used 1 month after they shipped it to you, MA would lock the account and you would get a message the next time you log into EU that you should check the address information you supplyed to EU as you can now only log into EU using your goldcard.

This simple step would bring the solution to two big problems:

1) all serious players to EU will have a gold card and better protected then without one.

2) Fake accounts with wrong addresses would be sorted out after certain amount of time as the gold card would not reach them.

Last edited:
Free to download, sugga`-Buggas`........after that....No Holds Barred.....as MA will tell you....

..security is offered, as I agree, after a certain DEPO amnt., it sould be included.

Yall should damn well know enough about this shit by now!!! HELL!!! My 9 year old knows about Internet Threat Security already.....SHOULDNT YOU????:rolleyes:

Some here said that even people with goldcard have been hacked.
Whats the point then with the gc.

I cant really compare have my computer hacked with a note in my pocket with my pincode to my bankcard as someone here said.

Of course everyone have to protect their computers with virusprogram and securityprogram that removes keyloggers and so.
And a good firewall is also nice to have.
But i still think it is also MA:s responsability to provide good security without charging something for it.
Or they must do as real life banks have done when their security is not all good
A big bank in sweden have been hacked and they stole like 8 million kronor.
All the people that got robbed of the hacking got their money back instantly from the bank. THAT bank really take the responsabiliy, and that is big money.
If anyone in game get robbed or hacked or scammed off say 50 ped wich is a low sum they never get it back.
I think that it is not many people in game that have a gc so far.
And if a LOT of people get hacked this game will have a bad reputation and people will not download the game anymore and it will maybe just die.
Just like the people in the bank i wrote about above is leaving the bank and go for a bank with better security.

No offence to MA but maybe they should think of the security a little more.

One problem i have heard of is that some of the announcement for websites in game leads you to a site that is infested with trojans that later hack you.
I dont know if that is true, but if it is maybe that is the biggest problem with beeing hacked. (someone told me that, so i never visit those sites)

Well thats all from me in this subject.
If you dont see me in game more, then i have been hacked :rolleyes:

Back