VU 8.12 bugs

False, totally false.
My scope is always 100% repaired when i start a hunt, since i click on repair weapons in repair terminal after each run, and i can say it's still 2x zoom max. So nothing to do with item condition.

My scope is a 1950RS or whatever it's called, for information.

Agree - Fully repaired Bjornir and a fully repaired Alekz both only zoomed to 2x.

The dragging health bars off screen also applies to full screen mode (it used to happen occassionally, but now all the time)

My ore-amp is removed from my ore-finder after a relog (although the icon shows it still attached sometimes, it is either in inventory, or in storage).

Upon landing on calypso, the ships engines fire after a few seconds killing all passengers and pilot. I had to laugh at this one :laugh:

JC

Do you have a gold card and your mate not?

Try restarting the client loader after everytime you have been ingame.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

nope none of us are using a gc. MA said to try logging in again as there was a few problems yesterday but still same problem i have been told by my soc mates that i log in for about 10 seconds then im away again

Tried changing connection speeds?

A bug?

Saw people posting about bugs they've found so thought i might contribute my little bit (havent read through whole thread yet so might already be mentioned) and also ask a question ( but this may not be in the right section). Well, when i'm fapping i found even if the person/i am fully healled, the reload bar stll refreshes and you get the heal sound, but it says in the chat that the person does not require healling.

Ok, my question is about the new font. For some reason the fonts appear to be displaying different on my computer and ive been getting some bug where i cannot see ANY chat, it seems random but the main chat window/any PM's are replaced with several vertical lines, as though the text was blurred from speed. Also i found some bug which refreshed my radar so it became squarish with no real outside boundaries, no white circle around where i would be on the radar either. i dont have a screenshot of this, but i do of the difficulty to read the text at an auctioneer. I've sent off a support claim to check, and your reply's will be appreciated

Last edited:
Been told of a fix if your inventory is stuck open though I haven't tried it yet as I'm currently out hunting..

click outside the inventory in another area on the screen and then press I and apparently it does then close

I tried 'the fix' just now as my inventory was stuck open yet again and it didn't work for me either so yet another relog... I'll soon be on my 3rd cardreader in 4 or so months at this rate :rolleyes:

Ok, my question is about the new font. For some reason the fonts appear to be displaying different on my computer and ive been getting some bug where i cannot see ANY chat, it seems random but the main chat window/any PM's are replaced with several vertical lines, as though the text was blurred from speed.

Other people has fixed this by updating video drivers. try that and see if it helps

I crashed when refilling a shopkeeper directly from a storage container.

And now I can't logon anymore :mad:
When I try to logon I get a message that I'm disconnected , and when trying for a second time I get a msg that I'm already connected.

When waiting a while when I try again , I just get the same, first a MSG that I'm disconnectes and then when trying again a msg that I'm already logged on....

Support case has been send to MA, I hope they can solve it soon so I can logon again....

MA reset the server in Shinook, now I can logon again! :yay:

BUT : All my improvement points gone form fertilizer station as well as the DNA samples where unlocked instead of locked. >> Another Support case send.

And yes; put on armor: CTD , take of armor: CTD :rolleyes:

You should think MA does some testing before releasing a new VU..... :confused:

Team members aren't yellow on the radar anymore !

2) non limited items with SIB can be used to 50% condition now (or is it a feature?): tt weapons, fap, etc.

No bug....

04 Jun 2007 You wrote:
bug :
Condition limit of Vivo T1 is 50%
Shouldnt it be 3% or even 5% ?

05 Jun 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

This is an intentional design feature from the design team and not a bug.

Regards,
Entropia Support

i got a disiple that just is at 100 % but any time i try claiming the item i get stuck on a claiming reward window with a bar just constantly scrolling across it.
pressed escape & the exit game window is behind the claiming reward window so have to ctrl + tab out & shut pe down through task manager

after 3 or 4 attempts last nite & 1 again just its looks like time so send a support case lol

Nope, disabling both Sounds and Ads makes no difference and neither does updating to the newest driver for my video card. I get no further than seeing "INITIALIZING" and then the game closes and I'm looking at the client loader again.

I sure hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall.

This happened to me. I am running Vista. After the clientloader downloaded it just stalled dead. I had to enter the entropia folder and click on the the clientloader and choose run as administrator. Then I double clicked it, the rest of the downlaod completed and the program started normally. Looks like every time there is a VU, I will have to manually choose to run the clientloader as admin to keep the program operating.

Merlin

This sounds very sarcastic, but it's not. It's an honest question. Does MA even take a minute of time to test and make sure a VU works and is free of any major bugs before apply it... or will we always be the test subjects. This VU has been the most frustrating and buggiest VU that i've experienced. It'd be nice if they'd take a few minutes to just make sure things worked.
In short, NO.
Set of spare plates gone awol from inventory and pretend to be used.
Strangely enough didn't have any problems with armour last night which in turn tells that system is very unstable since bugs like this happen from time to time.

Splitting a stack in storage puts it into your carried inventory. And the inventory window will probably get stuck open when you try to exit, as someone posted before.

This happened to me. I am running Vista. After the clientloader downloaded it just stalled dead. I had to enter the entropia folder and click on the the clientloader and choose run as administrator. Then I double clicked it, the rest of the downlaod completed and the program started normally. Looks like every time there is a VU, I will have to manually choose to run the clientloader as admin to keep the program operating.

Merlin

I'm actually running XP, and not Vista, but it's good that you show what fixed the problem.

What I found out is that the new Entropia.exe, ClientLoader.exe, and CDLClientUpdate.exe (or similarly named) are all downloaded and saved to the C:\Documents and Settings\[current user name] (aka My Documents) folder instead of C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe folder as in the past. I thought that this was a mistake, so I renamed the corresponding files in the EU folder as Entropia.exe.old, ClientLoader.exe.old, and CDLClientLoader.exe.old and moved the three files from the My Documents folder to the EU folder and re-ran the client loader. It then re-downloaded all three files to the My Documents folder and I was able to connect correctly.

I didn't know until I got into the My Documents folder that they updated the exe file icons as well, so I didn't notice that it was the older version of the loader that was running when I was trying to log in during each of the previous attempts.

In short: I'm fixed! Luckily, I haven't found any bugs beyond the new "server border" thing and increased rubberbanding, but if I find more, I'll report them here.

Btw, female umbras now have noob undies on them :D

must be my noob undies, because mine dissapeared from my inventory :mad:

tested coloring again ...

Now clothe decay when you color them ....
Bleacher decay when you color and when you bleach.so you better remouve your blecher when you color...

Seems MA will never be abel to make coloring work again...

Can you MA bring back all old coloring bug and let us get rid of decay... so will all get sarah skill...

Btw, does anyone else thinks PEDs and PECs look gay now? :ahh:

I do they look more fake! A real economy should = real looking peds/pecs in my opinion

May have already been mentioned but....:cool:

Trade window...high value item placed in window....trade accepted then message received that 'Transaction terminated due to internal error':rolleyes:

Problem is the other avatar may get what your trading etc but you dont have anything in inventory when checked.....ie PEDs/items so only a partial exchange occurs.:eek:

Now that aint good...be very careful peeps as the tones/exchange sound stays the same.:scratch2:

Now clothe decay when you color them ....
Bleacher decay when you color and when you bleach.so you better remouve your blecher when you color...

Another stupid idea by MA. To skill coloring you now have to...

- equip with coloring tool
- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- go to colours
- drag and drop color
- color
- unequip colorer
- go to tools
- put bleacher on colorer
- equip with colorer and bleacher
- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- bleach
- unequip coloring tool
- go to tool
- unequip bleacher from colorer
- go to colors
- drag and drop colors

do this for a million times and you can color black... LOL!

What a stupid change and even more expensive when clothes decay while coloring. MA stop bothering us and please don´t treat us like assholes. This makes no sense at all!

Last edited:
Another stupid idea by MA. To skill coloring you know have...

- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- go to colours
- drag and drop color
- color
- unequip colorer
- go to tools
- put bleacher on colorer
- equip with colorer and bleacher
- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- bleach
- unequip coloring tool
- go to tool
- unequip bleacher from colorer
- go to colors
- drag and drop colors

do this for a million times and you can color black... LOL!

What a stupid change and even more expensive when clothes decay while coloring. MA stop bothering us and please don´t treat us like assholes. This makes no sense at all!

You forgot having to split 100's or 1000's of paint tins into piles of 1 or 10 or 20 as well which is incredibly time consuming :rolleyes:

I'm now so close to Umber but tempted to just give up entirely. How can we possibly run a business like this??! I guess we have to have so many colourers with and without a bleacher. I already have 6 so I don't have to keep repairing them as I work from my apt so I guess now I need 12 to have 6 of each! :mad:

You forgot having to split 100's or 1000's of paint tins into piles of 1 or 10 or 20 as well which is incredibly time consuming :rolleyes:

Actually I didn´t forget it. I just thought the list was long enough... ;)

must be my noob undies, because mine dissapeared from my inventory :mad:
just take of what ever undie you wearing and they will apear on you if that dont work try puting all your undies exept the ones you wearing in storage then take them off =)

Just went into the Support news page to find out that MA is currently working on how to get the team mates color back to yellow. That is cool, but i feel a little flabbergasted at their priority since nothing has apparantly been done about double bombings and more seriously bugs yet. Is it only me and Mathayus that are affected with this? If that is the case, then I can understand, but untill I hear something from MA I will not drop a single (well actually double) bomb again.

one i dont think has been mentioned the damn oil rig is broken lol hasnt dropped oil since new VU :scratch2:

Many ppl off topic here,

Here is my real BUG - seemed I tried to scam a noob for 20 pec :ahh:

Watch out for this 1 - can be tricky...

I.

about 1/2 of umbranoids are still invisible.

only thing u can see is the knife.

worst thing is when they fall into the ground and totally disappear

Im just gonna wait till they fix it all.I havnt had any serious issues except the cant see item info from tt terminal and a few glitches,but I sure dont wanna see any of the other ones Im seeing in the forums.My MA time has dropped massivly for now.Boycott.........They'll fix it quicker than shit.

Back