MA Doesn't care about your investment

So like I said earlier, all people with knowledge are probably in holiday.

Since more than 2 months? The whole crew? :scratch2:

SQL or PHP requires more skills than using MAs engine.
Besides lowering the terrain or raising the buildings cant be that difficult.
I did that myself in other sim-games 15 years ago already...

well it is complicated :p i can see why ma are so scared of undertaking this massive project

MA need to hire builders to dig under the claim/fertiliser/shopkeepers, then they need to place massive inflatables underneath and slowly fill them. unfortunalty air compresses so they need to fill these inflatables with another gas, something much more dense.... so the devs will have to speak into the ballons for days, then once enough "hot air" is in them the terminals will float back up to the surface. (ofcourse devspeak is highly toxic so must be disposed of carefully) Then theres the underpinning to make sure they are secure, not to mention the structural surveys they will need to do to ensure theres no groundslip

poor old ma all that hard work they need to do to solve the problem, its not like retyping a z coord u know :p :laugh:

seriously tho i can imagine the conversation in ma when this came up
customer service or suntan.....
hard call for a proffessional multimilion dollar global company :p

Since the VU 8.12 the 4th June !! (yeah 2 months already), one of my LA, the OLA 32 (magic mushroom land) north of Shinook Jungle TP has been damaged by MA's design engineer lack of proficiency. The shed, the fertilizer station and the land marker are undergrounded and can't allow me to access them neither EU participants coming to my place. For 2 months the LA has been dead ...

Be happy they at least look into that.

This bug they simply promoted to feature:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=957751&postcount=19

Next time they will tell you that what has got your Shed & Fertilizer Station underground was not a bug but a new feature - a massive landslide :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hunters should beware the burried turret, althouh you can't see it it's still working.

just wondering what happens if you die on this LA right now is the revival underground aswell??

Sloppy customer support from MA indeed. However, is the only thing you did sending a support case? If I would be in your sitution I would undertake some more action. Like calling them, sending emails, and send some more supportcases demanding they fix it.

Good 1.
It s a company.
Companies wanna make money.
If the administrative effort becomes greater than the effort to fix the problem u won.

I find it sad that a dedicated Landowner like Zhor hasnt had this fixed yet!

Almost at 100 posts. Maybe that's the magic number to make Marco respond.:laugh:

F*** CHINA and F*** THE GRAPHICS UPDATE - FIX THIS LA FIRST!:yay::mad:

just wondering what happens if you die on this LA right now is the revival underground aswell??

you just end up above ground. with the revival terminal 10 feet beneath your feet.

Venus - knowledge is power.
I once had a colleague who was a graphics wiz and a entry level programmer.
When he had to create a tool for something he never asked for help
and as he did not know how SQL worked he programmed something like 3-4000 lines of code in PHP for a search function.
He was devastated when a colleague (I called her database lady) replaced all of it with one line with the proper searchparameters in SQL.

So like I said earlier, all people with knowledge are probably in holiday.

Want to know what the really sad part is though? (Been said before but its a nice way to keep the thread alive ;p)

1: Even on vacations MA should have atleast one of each of those "kinds of people" that youre referring too @work for solving shit like this.
2: This problem apparently came months before any kind of vacation, ergo the above shouldnt even come into play.
3: This isnt even close to being the first time something like this happened, problems can occur, ofc they can the programmers are human=mistakes will happen np there, im guessing whats pissing me off everytime i hear something like this (and there are alot of examples)is the lvl of inactivity and boredom MA displays towards fixing it...

Would spamming Marco with a PM reminder every day from every one here that it is still not fixed not bring about some action ?

Crappy support like this is not acceptable in my opinion. One person may not achieve anything, but if we stand together as a community, things might change.

Come on MA, I know you can do better than this :(

Would spamming Marco with a PM reminder every day from every one here that it is still not fixed not bring about some action ?

If you mean the EF PM system, then it won't have any effect. Marco never or almost never reads EF PMs and his inbox will become full, meaning that he will stop receiving messages.

The only effective, equivalent action you could take would be to send a mass of support cases.

Like I posted somewhere in this tread, they do know this broblem.

-Zap

Support sent. :mad:
This makes me sick, I hope you get compensated for your loss of revenue.

- VV

dude thats crazyyy, how can MA take no action?? they better compensate you heavily...

i think the problem is that MA needs a VU to implement such editing on the terrain.

but if i were Zhorgul, i would be asking for compensation too, not only correction. like a TP on my land area :rolleyes:

I'm not exactly an expert on Gamebryo, but I'm pretty sure the terrian is various tiles and reducing one tile modifies other tiles nearby. Reducing the terrain wouldn't be the issue but updating the terrain of the area in game would require a client update and the server to be down for a few.

Though honestly, they really shouldn't edit terrain unless there's major problems with it in the first place, or some story reason for it.

OMG, I would totally freak out if I was in your place. It's ridiculous

I always had an underbelly feeling that MA is more interested in making money period instead of providing us with a decent gaming experience and thus make money

I know it hurts, but I have to say it:
Take an example to Blizzard MA! Now those ppl know what they're doin

Hey there is already a post on here about a guy who knows marco and knows MA and knows they are known for promising stuff they never deliver
After reading the post it definatly fits in with how MA operates

examples : pets
the egg
cars

I mean they are half assed so it should not be a surpise to anyone, it wont be fixed til next update if your lucky

Hey there is already a post on here about a guy who knows marco and knows MA and knows they are known for promising stuff they never deliver
After reading the post it definatly fits in with how MA operates

examples : pets
the egg
cars

I mean they are half assed so it should not be a surpise to anyone, it wont be fixed til next update if your lucky

Just a quick post to remind and cut back a little on the MA bashing.

We have already been told that cars will come into place almost automatically with the CryEngine.
The same would very likely be seen for the egg; although i expect the egg to be this years christmas/new year event.
Pets are already in game. If you are refering to them not being ridable, that was never a promise that was made. There was a one line comment on what they thought they could do back then because they were very enthusiastic{and it is very common for people to get ahead of themselves}.

Yes, if they are currently working on it, then it will be fixed by the next update. The previous posts stating that it would require the service to be down{like what happens with every update} would be necesarry. So this is not a case of them being half assed, it's a case of them making the most of maintenence schedules. After all, it costs them quite a bit in actual resources to shut down their servers and re-boot them, both in real time/money, and in assumed money{peds that could be spent}.

They certainly aren't half assed. If they were, they would just quite right now while their ahead and take the money, rather than seeing PE/EU through.

My point is that it's completely out of order to change the terrain where it can affect a well invested player to such a degree, but mistakes happen and flaming them constantly will not encourage them to fix it any faster. It will only encourage them not to read this thread.

Snabble, this wasn't aimed at you specifically, your post was just the first post in sight, and it was also one that was written in a nice, easy way for me to get my point accross. So please, take no offence. ;)

Just a quick post to remind and cut back a little on the MA bashing.

We have already been told that cars will come into place almost automatically with the CryEngine.
The same would very likely be seen for the egg; although i expect the egg to be this years christmas/new year event.
Pets are already in game. If you are refering to them not being ridable, that was never a promise that was made. There was a one line comment on what they thought they could do back then because they were very enthusiastic{and it is very common for people to get ahead of themselves}.

Yes, if they are currently working on it, then it will be fixed by the next update. The previous posts stating that it would require the service to be down{like what happens with every update} would be necesarry. So this is not a case of them being half assed, it's a case of them making the most of maintenence schedules. After all, it costs them quite a bit in actual resources to shut down their servers and re-boot them, both in real time/money, and in assumed money{peds that could be spent}.

They certainly aren't half assed. If they were, they would just quite right now while their ahead and take the money, rather than seeing PE/EU through.

My point is that it's completely out of order to change the terrain where it can affect a well invested player to such a degree, but mistakes happen and flaming them constantly will not encourage them to fix it any faster. It will only encourage them not to read this thread.

Snabble, this wasn't aimed at you specifically, your post was just the first post in sight, and it was also one that was written in a nice, easy way for me to get my point accross. So please, take no offence. ;)

I would suggest that you avoid predictions about the egg. There are hundreds of predictions about when the egg will appear and they have all been wrong so far. Even if you are right and the egg story will develop at Christmas, then that will be one and a half years for them to make some form of progress. In all that time they could have at least released a paragraph of EBN news to fill in some back-story about the egg. Whatever happens now will be seen as an abysmally late response by MA. :rolleyes:

For your point about taking the servers down, they could have installed a new mini-update quite easily. Every major VU is followed by a series of mini-updates to fix the unforeseen errors that crop up in the VU. Though working out how to alter the landscape and the effects on the rest of EU could take some time, it should be fairly simple for them to raise the position of the fertiliser station, shed and land marker by a few metres as an interim measure.

The question is simply a matter of priorities for MA. They obviously have higher priorities at the moment than resolving this problem, so Zhorgul will just have to wait.

Come on MA... Fix it now!
You are scaring your own potential EU investors away with this kind of attitude. :mad:

Though honestly, they really shouldn't edit terrain unless there's major problems with it in the first place, or some story reason for it.
MA seem to change the terrain almost every VU. Often just minor changes, but sometimes big changes.
I really don't think it's very hard for them to do, but it requires a new VU.

I cant belive how this even could happened? It`s feels that the only reason is that there is something special with that area and the owner gonna come out on the winning side?

Ok, that was my only thought i had that could forgive MA for what has happened! This is sick, i really dont now what to say, but this: MA fix this now!!!

I would suggest that you avoid predictions about the egg. There are hundreds of predictions about when the egg will appear and they have all been wrong so far. Even if you are right and the egg story will develop at Christmas, then that will be one and a half years for them to make some form of progress. In all that time they could have at least released a paragraph of EBN news to fill in some back-story about the egg. Whatever happens now will be seen as an abysmally late response by MA. :rolleyes:

For your point about taking the servers down, they could have installed a new mini-update quite easily. Every major VU is followed by a series of mini-updates to fix the unforeseen errors that crop up in the VU. Though working out how to alter the landscape and the effects on the rest of EU could take some time, it should be fairly simple for them to raise the position of the fertiliser station, shed and land marker by a few metres as an interim measure.

The question is simply a matter of priorities for MA. They obviously have higher priorities at the moment than resolving this problem, so Zhorgul will just have to wait.

I'm entitled to make predictions if i wish, and although it would be quite a bit on the late side, they simply may not have had the ability to implement whatever role this egg would fill. For example, if it really is the first in the mountable pet line, they won't hatch it till the CryEngine. We don't know all the details, so it's hardly fair to judge them on circumstantial evidence.
More than this though, who said the egg was so important anyway? It was NeverDie who valuated it so highly, not MA. If the price paid for it wasn't so high the community wouldn't be so gung ho on trying to work it out.

As said before, terrain changes require a new VU.
Your absolutely right that it's a matter of priorities, but for all we know, it's second on the list after the VU's main contents. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just tired of seeing all the constant bashing MA gets here. I mean, if you seriously think that its easy for around 50 people to do all the things they have to, i guess you'll either be filling out an application or starting your own RCEMMORPG by the end of the year.
They have/are/will made/making/make mistakes, but the more we call them lazy and half assed, the more they will think, "If you call me lazy, i'll just take twice as long to spite you". We are far more at their mercy than they are at ours.

Now, back on-topic for me:

Marco, post and tell us this problem will be fixed by the new VU and the owner will be compensated accordingly.

As said before, terrain changes require a new VU.
Your absolutely right that it's a matter of priorities, but for all we know, it's second on the list after the VU's main contents. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just tired of seeing all the constant bashing MA gets here. I mean, if you seriously think that its easy for around 50 people to do all the things they have to, i guess you'll either be filling out an application or starting your own RCEMMORPG by the end of the year.
They have/are/will made/making/make mistakes, but the more we call them lazy and half assed, the more they will think, "If you call me lazy, i'll just take twice as long to spite you". We are far more at their mercy than they are at ours.

Now, back on-topic for me:

Marco, post and tell us this problem will be fixed by the new VU and the owner will be compensated accordingly.

But a problem like this has to have the highest prioroty, there is no way around that, me think:) If you screw up, you have to pay the price and make the mistake do as little harm as possible.

Your own statement maybe answers the questions !!

They don't have enough capable competant staff to carry out the operations that they are trying to do. This, plus the fact that they don't graft over summer makes it even more shocking.

If microsoft were struggling to do things, they employ more people who could do it !! Not employ more file admin staff to tidy the ever increasing pile of issues and complaints

But a problem like this has to have the highest prioroty, there is no way around that, me think:) If you screw up, you have to pay the price and make the mistake do as little harm as possible.

To me or you, of course it does. :)
But MA have their own agenda, and unfortunately we don't know what it is.

Remember, it's all relative. We percieve it differently from them, as do the people who posted earlier who feel that it was a risk to invest such a large sum and the LA owner should have been prepared for the worst. It doesn't make them wrong - infact, they have a very good point - it simply means they have a different angle on the situation.

Back