MA Doesn't care about your investment

..::Official statement from Major Rage::..

Project Entropia is a poorly managed game by a crew that neighter has a the knowledge or manpower to manage the game.

That is why this game develops so slow, everything else MA claims is bullsh*t.

/regards
Shahin Major Rage

Any offence taken from this post is not intended

Your own statement maybe answers the questions !!

They don't have enough capable competant staff to carry out the operations that they are trying to do. This, plus the fact that they don't graft over summer makes it even more shocking.

If microsoft were struggling to do things, they employ more people who could do it !! Not employ more file admin staff to tidy the ever increasing pile of issues and complaints

Oh come on, now your just being plain insulting towards them. Why would they continue to employ staff members who were not compitent or capable? They wouldn't. Simple as that.
Who said they don't over summer?

If you'll take your head out of the clouds for a moment and go to MA's website, you'll see that they are currently hiring, hence why i said "filling out an application". So even if they are understaffed, at least they realise it and are trying to rectify the problem.
Business just isn't as simple as, "There are 10 employees and one of them has 3 tasks more than they should have. I know! I'll hire someone else!".
They are anything but foolish, and throwing away £30K on another yearly salary, whereas they could simply work each employee a tiny bit harder would be exactly that, idiocy.
Let's be frank here; they are in business to make money. If there is a choice between a loss of money and the product quality suffering slightly, the money will win every single time. MA went bankrupt once before because of various things, one of them being that they were too generous with their time and resources. They have learned from this that you have to be a shark if you want to survive, otherwise you'll be taken advantage of by the others.

It might not be pretty, but that's how it is.

I'm curious as to when MS became the poster child for efficiency. Especially considering that the last 4{and i suspect all of the others as well} of their OS's have been both rushed and late, causing huge errors in security, stability in general, compatability, functionality and most other aspects.
This also provides an example of why more employees doesn't neccesarily mean the job will be completed faster and will be easier.
MS is also far larger in size{both monetary and employment}. Further than this, their product is 100% guarenteed to be paid for after it's released, as people are pretty much incapable of going without technology nowadays, and they own a very modest slice of that pie.
MindArk however, are a small company, only a decade old and until such times as the player base, and their income increases substantially and gains a far stronger foundation, they will continue to play it their way and not ours.

In response to a post i read earlier in this thread hyping Blizzard;

Blizzard constantly take their servers offline without warning to the playerbase for hours upon hours at a time{when i was playing my trial month there was one at 19 hours length}. They also are worth than Bertha with community news, bugs reign supreme, hackers roam free{as do other shady characters} and their support generally won't respond at all, let alone take action.
The grass may look greener on the other side, but when you get there you may just regret locking the gate behind you.

MA seems to have the time and manpower to tweak other things in the game and even things that aer not out yet like the way they are going to make the armor look when the ne engine comes out. Seems to me if they can do all that crap they should be able to resolve the issues with this land area. Now as for the Egg I hope it hatches and Kills everyone near it then it can go on an Uber Rampage and run all over and kill anyone it comes into contact with :woot:

Project Entropia is a poorly managed game by a crew that neighter has a the knowledge or manpower to manage the game.

Do you speak from experience in running an RCEMMORPG?
Develops slowly compared to what exactly? Remember, this is the first of it's kind, so of course progress is slow if your having to pave the road as you go.
If they don't have the knowledge or the manpower, why is PE/EU running? If they didn't, they would be incapable of keeping it online and maintaining it.
Poorly managed? Once more, in comparison to what?

Look, if you hate MA and PE so much, go and play AW or WOW or one of those other half assed generic copies. The thing about PE is, it's an original concept. If they did not do it slowly, they would go bankrupt again.
If you take a second to think of a few of the things they have to do;
e.g.
*Negotiate with China
*Negotiate with banks for the Cash Cards
*Negotiate with the CryEngine owners

Those are only a tiny amount of their to do list. I think you'll agree that not one of those three things is simple or a quick fix job.

I understand that your a member of the MA bashing for emos, whiners and sheep club, but did you have to draw such attention to it?

I'll say it again;

Bashing MA will solve absolutely nothing. Be constructive, send a support case.

..::Official statement from Major Rage::..

/regards
Shahin Major Rage

well that settles it , it must be true :rolleyes:

if they were that bad EU wouldnt still be here, there would be no cryengine on the way etc.

..::Official statement from Kygon ::..
sorry mr rage your speaking utter bullshit , there is no substance in your comment lol sure sometimes they suck but other times I'm impressed with the way MA pull things off, esp since they're so small

If you take a second to think of a few of the things they have to do;
e.g.
*Negotiate with China
*Negotiate with banks for the Cash Cards
*Negotiate with the CryEngine owners

Those are only a tiny amount of their to do list. I think you'll agree that not one of those three things is simple or a quick fix job.

and theres the problem. too much managment focus on macro, headline, strategic development of the company and apparently zero at the micro level of getting things fixed and working properly. many... no all software suffers from this to varying degrees, new features gain importance over fixing existing problems. The difficultly lies in balancing this, and on the current evidence, MA is coming up short on the maintanence side. this issue warrants a emergency fix imo, but have presumably been destined to be dealt with in the next VU. i do hope it is, the risk is that it gets over looked and missed again.

In response to a post i read earlier in this thread hyping Blizzard;

Blizzard constantly take their servers offline without warning to the playerbase for hours upon hours at a time{when i was playing my trial month there was one at 19 hours length}. They also are worth than Bertha with community news, bugs reign supreme, hackers roam free{as do other shady characters} and their support generally won't respond at all, let alone take action.
The grass may look greener on the other side, but when you get there you may just regret locking the gate behind you.

I'm not hyping Blizzard, I don't even like WoW. But that has more to with the theme setting, I'm more of a SciFi fan instead of the dungeons&dragons theme WoW has. And I don't mind a little downtime if that means there are less bugs. Bugs rein supreme? Dude, you must be confused with another game. Only issue's I know of are balancing issue's. And hackers and shady figures are everywhere.

I was only trying to indicate that I feel that Blizzard became big because of the gaming experience they provide. And MA well, erm didn't. But don't take my word for it. WoW was introduced nov 2004 and has currently over 9 million accounts...

There is one common thread that shows up for companies like MA, Blizzard, and LindenLabs (Second Life), these guys are not in the buisness to make money for YOU. Ther are in business to make money for them. Plain and simple. There is no garauntee that says your investment will be closely monitored to assure you get the full benefits of ownership... yada yada yada.

I'm entitled to make predictions if i wish,

Of course you are. I have never said you aren't. The point I was making was that you appearred to be trying to support MA's actions, but drawing attention to the ongoing egg farce does not really help your case too much.

and although it would be quite a bit on the late side, they simply may not have had the ability to implement whatever role this egg would fill. For example, if it really is the first in the mountable pet line, they won't hatch it till the CryEngine. We don't know all the details, so it's hardly fair to judge them on circumstantial evidence.

And as I said, they could have quite easily placed a paragraph of text in the EBN news to advance the story line. Even if it will take a major upgrade of EU to advance the egg situation, a paragraph or two of text every couple of months hardly requires a cryEngine.

More than this though, who said the egg was so important anyway? It was NeverDie who valuated it so highly, not MA. If the price paid for it wasn't so high the community wouldn't be so gung ho on trying to work it out.

With all the effort everyone put into hunting for the egg in the first place, it would be nice to have some sort of closure to the story. It doesn't matter what ND paid for it, most people were just curious about what it was all for. I am not sure how many people are curious now, as the topic has settled into a state of apathy where most have given up on anything more happening.

As said before, terrain changes require a new VU.
Your absolutely right that it's a matter of priorities, but for all we know, it's second on the list after the VU's main contents. We'll just have to wait and see.

The fertiliser station and land marker are fully coded and operational objects in EU. It doesn't take rocket science to change the height variable of an object, so the quick fix could have been implemented in VU 8.12.3 on 20th June (16 days after the problem appeared). As said by others, treating large scale investors as a low priority is not a very smart move for MA in terms of attracting more long term investors.

I'm just tired of seeing all the constant bashing MA gets here. I mean, if you seriously think that its easy for around 50 people to do all the things they have to, i guess you'll either be filling out an application or starting your own RCEMMORPG by the end of the year.
They have/are/will made/making/make mistakes, but the more we call them lazy and half assed, the more they will think, "If you call me lazy, i'll just take twice as long to spite you". We are far more at their mercy than they are at ours.

I only "bash" MA on three specific subjects. The first is their treatment of large scale investors - while I am not an investor myself, I feel it would be fair for MA to at least fix the problems they cause for the people they are trying to attract. The second is their draconian copyright clauses in the EULA, though that has no bearing on this case. There was a third subject, but I can't quite recall it right now. :dunce:

In any case, because I don't criticise too frequently, I am more often referred to as an "MA lover" than an "MA basher," but everyone has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. ;)

Aridash : I completely agree. I think it would be best if they would put a line at the end of their to do list at present, focus on completing those tasks, and when all are complete, fix as much as possible before begining any new activity. This should leave the CryEngine fully optimised, the annoying and not so annoying bugs fixed and unfinished storylines resolved and ready to move onto the next phases with the best efficiency.
The pitfall to this, is that they would very likely lose much time on their business plan, but with a stronger product, it should serve to benefit them in the long run.

Sky West
I feel that Blizzard became big because of the gaming experience they provide. And MA well, erm didn't. But don't take my word for it. WoW was introduced nov 2004 and has currently over 9 million accounts...

You've got to remember though that Blizzards business model is significantly different. Theirs targeted a much wider audience of kids-adults who, and gave them a much simpler system to work with which takes little effort to work out{talk to npc-killmonster-returntonpc-getexp+reward}.
MA's unfortunately is a little bit over the heads of most casual gamers as it takes a bit of effort to understand properly, and well...gamers being gamers :laugh: {Then there is of course the money aspect to scare people off, and the complete lack of proper advertisement on MA's part, which is where Blizzard excelled}.

Sorry if my last post was a little accusing.

Midori
Of course you are. I have never said you aren't. The point I was making was that you appearred to be trying to support MA's actions, but drawing attention to the ongoing egg farce does not really help your case too much.

Didn't you say i wasn't to speculate in your last post? If you didn't, then i sincerely appologise, but i could have sworn you pretty much said, don't have an oppinion lol.

And as I said, they could have quite easily placed a paragraph of text in the EBN news to advance the story line. Even if it will take a major upgrade of EU to advance the egg situation, a paragraph or two of text every couple of months hardly requires a cryEngine.

Either way we would have complained about them dragging it out. They stated it during their interviews here on EF i think. I wasn't there, but i seem to remember reading over the synopsis and Frank responding to the question, "What can we expect from the egg", Frank: "Something to blow your mind".{not an exact quote of course, but thats all i can remember}

I do agree with you though, it would be nice of them to do this, even if it's only to show us that they haven't forgotten about us.

With all the effort everyone put into hunting for the egg in the first place, it would be nice to have some sort of closure to the story. It doesn't matter what ND paid for it, most people were just curious about what it was all for. I am not sure how many people are curious now, as the topic has settled into a state of apathy where most have given up on anything more happening.

Indeed this is true. But that's what i'm saying. If ND hadn't paid 100K for it, it might have hatched 6 months ago for all we know. My theory is that they know the community will go out of their minds if their beloved NeverDie doesn't get his monies worth from it.{That was not a dig at ND btw:silly2:}

The fertiliser station and land marker are fully coded and operational objects in EU. It doesn't take rocket science to change the height variable of an object, so the quick fix could have been implemented in VU 8.12.3 on 20th June (16 days after the problem appeared). As said by others, treating large scale investors as a low priority is not a very smart move for MA in terms of attracting more long term investors.

But we can't say for sure how they have things coded. It may turn out to be coded in a rather strange way as a security measurment to prevent accidental damage being done. Of course, if this is the case, it's obviously not fool proof.
Yes, hurting the high rolers is never a smart move for a young business. However, there will always be a long line of people who are just itching to get their hands on an LA, so i can see why they are being so cavalier about it, but i am in agreement with you and most others here, they should not be.

I only "bash" MA on three specific subjects. The first is their treatment of large scale investors - while I am not an investor myself, I feel it would be fair for MA to at least fix the problems they cause for the people they are trying to attract. The second is their draconian copyright clauses in the EULA, though that has no bearing on this case. There was a third subject, but I can't quite recall it right now. :dunce:
In any case, because I don't criticise too frequently, I am more often referred to as an "MA lover" than an "MA basher," but everyone has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. ;)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they don't give anyone the special treatment except the top 5-10 people it seems. And even this, i only mean making them ambassadors, getting them to star in interviews, helping them along in profiting when it's a large realistate. No real favouritism unless its better for them than the person they are helping.
My hangar has bugs, as do all hangars.

*When you go inside the front door, you sink to the floor and have to jump over the next door frame to get in. This bug is similar{but no-where near as damaging} as the current LA owners problem.

*The all new, Ghost Ship bug, which occurs when people wait in the hangars control room during a takeoff{this is the only place you can survive a takeoff inside the hangar}. Basically, after the ship is gone, all the seats and those who were in them remain. You can even pm them. I'll make a thread soon on it to show you.

Just using these two as an example to show everyone here that MA give no more priority to a Hangar compared to an LA compared to a trapping bug, compared to missed shots, compared to missing items in appartments, etc.
If this one gets fixed it will be down to one thing and one thing only; the communities constant badgering on and on about it. Which is good :) We should unite more often.

The last part of the last quote{you can breathe a sigh of relief, im almost done;)}.

I was rash in calling you such and i'm sorry. I was reffering to the EF community in general to be perfectly honest, i just forgot to remind myself that there are many who are not here simply to show off to their friends that they can bash MA aswell.

As usual, this post was not intended to cause any offence.

EDIT: 130 posts guys and gals. Let's get some offtopic stuff going on to keep this thing going strong. :p

Didn't you say i wasn't to speculate in your last post? If you didn't, then i sincerely appologise, but i could have sworn you pretty much said, don't have an oppinion lol.

No, what I actually said was:

I would suggest that you avoid predictions about the egg.

Now that wasn't worded too clearly because I wrote it literally 1 minute before I shut the house door and ran for my train to work, so I am sorry if that caused you to interpret it as some sort of reprimand. As I said in my last post, what I was trying to say was:

The point I was making was that you appearred to be trying to support MA's actions, but drawing attention to the ongoing egg farce does not really help your case too much.

Hi,

We thank you for your report. However, as clearly stated in the support section, we can only reply to issues which directly involve the account of the author of the support ticket. Information about other accounts than your own will not be published or discussed.

Regards,
Entropia Support

:D

Hi,

We thank you for your report. However, as clearly stated in the support section, we can only reply to issues which directly involve the account of the author of the support ticket. Information about other accounts than your own will not be published or discussed.

Regards,
Entropia Support

:D

Guess we'll just have to hope that they mention the wealth of supports for this to Marco in the coffee room ;)

A brief note from my experience with the "Stuff got buried by MindArk" problem.

Once you notify them, they should fix it fairly quickly.

However you will only see the fix after the next major VU, and only if you reported it a couple of weeks or more before the VU is implemented.

MindArk does not seem to want to roll out mini updates for these issues. They did not do it for items on Treasure Island that affected the estates or the terrain layout - only for major terrain bugs (e.g. where you would fall through hills and couldn't really walk around).

They also did not do it for OLA-35. I had to wait until a VU rolled around.

I understand that people are frustrated by MindArk's lack of response and resolution, however I also understand that rolling out an update can be quite time consuming and runs the risk of adding a few more fun bugs into the system.

Bye,
Deathifier

God hun i really feel for you. But just take this "design problem" as they call it and expect them to take maybe a full ear to correct it.

If you look at what happened to many of us who bought shops in NO that had to be given back because of a "design error", they are still not fixed. And we bought them back in January and told months later that it wasn't a high enough priority and wouldn't be fixed that side of this summer. So all those people, including myself, who see this as an investment still haven't heard from them about the shops. Its been 9 months and not a word.

So to be honest your property might be underground for a year before they will have a looking.:(

2 MONTHS ?!?!?!?!?!? :scratch2::eek::mad:

I visited your land once and i thought it was a bug on my side, so I relogged and it didn't fix anything.

I can't find words...

... this is what happens when someone (MA) has too much power (100%) and not enough will (laziness ?) to use that power. :(

A brief note from my experience with the "Stuff got buried by MindArk" problem.

Once you notify them, they should fix it fairly quickly.

However you will only see the fix after the next major VU, and only if you reported it a couple of weeks or more before the VU is implemented.

MindArk does not seem to want to roll out mini updates for these issues. They did not do it for items on Treasure Island that affected the estates or the terrain layout - only for major terrain bugs (e.g. where you would fall through hills and couldn't really walk around).

They also did not do it for OLA-35. I had to wait until a VU rolled around.

I understand that people are frustrated by MindArk's lack of response and resolution, however I also understand that rolling out an update can be quite time consuming and runs the risk of adding a few more fun bugs into the system.

Bye,
Deathifier

I have to disagree. If an investor shells out $20-30,000 for a land area, and then MA screws it up so it severely affects the function of the land, they broke it, they should fix it quickly. I would expect a fix within a week.

Of course, MA doesn't care, because even if this landowner gets pissed and sells the land after it is fixed and withdraws the money to say FU to MA, someone else just deposits to buy it...

This is really crappy customer service.

I have to disagree. If an investor shells out $20-30,000 for a land area, and then MA screws it up so it severely affects the function of the land, they broke it, they should fix it quickly. I would expect a fix within a week.

Of course, MA doesn't care, because even if this landowner gets pissed and sells the land after it is fixed and withdraws the money to say FU to MA, someone else just deposits to buy it...

This is really crappy customer service.

I cannot sell it anyway, the access to the land marker is not possible, so no one can claim it ^^

I'm waiting for next VU of course. But still pissed by the situation.

Personally i would have done this a little more political espesially knowing the history of MA and the dev team and what happens when things screw up. Just look at Neverdie he's been missing the complete promised functionality of CND for almost 2 years now. He's still missing his Sports Arena and ahhhh the egg is another issue. But he keeps quit doesn't complain and well where the #1 hunting ATH?

So what i'm kinda saying is lets say you kept this between you and MA or just said hey My place is bugged MA' knows about it they'll work on it and leave it at that i'd bet you mite just get compensated somehow ;-) It may take a time but under the system requirements for Entropia should be "Patience" as Entropia Requires a LOT of it.

Anyone remember waiting for hangar parts, and hangars to have some sort of USE?!? those where substantcial investments with little return for quite sometime and look now they are work 100k or so...

I feel for ya bud but hey this is the world of Entropia expect delays in EVERYTHING!

Just look at Neverdie he's been missing the complete promised functionality of CND for almost 2 years now. He's still missing his Sports Arena and ahhhh the egg is another issue. But he keeps quit doesn't complain and well where the #1 hunting ATH?

Um, yeah, not the same mate. You can't possibly say ND would've kept his mouth shut if the fertilizer room were completely inaccessible do you?

ND has 20 domes, fully functional with the ability to tweak spawns and DNA settings, make events, etc.

What does Zhorgul have? A mining LA. (With a rediculous mining tax that he can't fix :()

Last edited:
Um, yeah, not the same mate. You can't possibly say ND would've kept his mouth shut if the fertilizer room were completely inaccessible do you?

ND has 20 domes, fully functional with the ability to tweak spawns and DNA settings, make events, etc.

What does Zhorgul have? A mining LA. (With a rediculous mining tax that he can't fix :()

Unfortunately Rex was pretty on the mark. ND couldn't collect his taxes for some time, meaning, although the taxes were still building up and just delayed, he still didn't get them. Not sure if he would like to chime in here and give the exact length of time before CND was working properly{not including the still missing stadium of course}.

I also seem to remember that it took them until october 2006 to get the live streaming audio system up there working.

Maybe if enough people send in a support case asking this to be fixxed somthing will happen? Sort of the squeakiest wheel gets the grease :confused:

I am truely sorry for the situation you are in, but there is one thing many people seem to forget when they "invest" money in this game:

From the EULA:

1. Arrangement
... MindArk agrees to provide the Entropia Universe "as is" to the Participant ...

7. Ownership
... Despite the similar names, all virtual items are part of the System and MindArk retains all rights, title, and interest in all parts including, but not limited to Avatars and Virtual Items; these retained rights include, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other proprietary rights throughout the world.
As part of your interactions with the System, you may acquire, create, design, or modify Virtual Items, but you agree that you will not gain any ownership interest whatsoever in any Virtual Item, and you hereby assign to MindArk all of your rights, title and interest in any such Virtual Item.

So, actually, you don't "own" your LA. No matter how many thousand $ you deposited, no matter how many virtual items are in your inventory and what their virtual value is ... you don't "own" any of them.

If you buy a car for 30 grand, you own it and you have the right to get problems fixed. If you buy a simple plastic cup at the dollar store you own it and you have the right to get a flaw fixed or the cup being replaced.

In EU you don't own anything. There happen to be virtual items in your virtual inventory of your virtual avatar. And that's all there is to it. Every cent you deposit just gives your virtual avatar some virtual items (PEDs), and you don't even own those. Scary, isn't it? If MA decides to suspend your avatar (which they can at any time) you have no right whatsoever to claim any value. If MA goes bankrupt for whatever reason, you will never see one cent of your "investments". Even more scary. So much for Real Cash Economy.

What really worries me though is the way MA support deals with customers. But then, are you really a paying customer? You don't pay to play the game, you play the game for free. If you happen to deposit money you do that fully aware of the risks and restrictions that apply. If you withdraw money it will only work as long as MA allows it.

Bottom line is: make up your own mind about how MA deals with customers, about their goals and priorities and then decide if you want to deposit money into such a system. And how much.

Just an update... I logged a support incident for this, with reference to the 2 threads in question. The feedback from support was totally understandable :

Hi,

Regards,
Entropia Support

I must however say that the incident I logged has not been closed yet, and I hope that others have done the same as I did.
We need to make MA aware of the fact that we do not particularly like it that they give either ourselves or other co-users of their software the cold shoulder.

What any person expects from a support incident is simply an indication that the software vendor is aware of the problem, and regular feedback to indicate that they have not forgotten about you if at cannot be fixed right away.
MA should maybe look at fixing their call logging and call tracking software first, before they start focusing on the upcoming VU or the CRYEngine for that matter.

Sorry if it had no direct impact, but I believe that if we do this sort of thing in large numbers, MA might just get the general idea that we as users are not pleased that they have the gall to treat us like this.

Just my :twocents:

4 months later

Today with VU 9.0 Arrival, I'm pleased to tell all of you that the Broken LA has been repaired after 4 months of long waiting.

I invite you to come to the Magic Mushroom World to have a look by yourself and a good laught also because : YOU HAVE TO SEE THE WAY THEY FIXED IT.

It seems like a nasty robot ship droped 2 nukes on the LA and made 2 huge holes in the middle of the LA around the Shed and the LA Marker. I hereby inherited of the weirdest LA ever made by MA and of course I thank them for there professionalism that will surely help hunters kill fungoids ;)

ah well ... At least now it's fully operationnal yeeehaaaaa and most of all : THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT GUYS (and girls of course :p) !!!

Rofl they couldnt just move the 3 objects to land level, so they lower the surface? I think moving 3 models is more easy than sculpting the world....

GJ MA

I invite you to come to the Magic Mushroom World to have a look by yourself and a good laught also because : YOU HAVE TO SEE THE WAY THEY FIXED IT.

Pics please... :D

awesome news. i have been following this thread and LA since i made that thread mentioning its loss. i will most certainly be checking out the land. or, i should say i would check it out if i would be willing to pay the cost of swapping my armor for gremlin. without feet.

Back