Recent content by Borealis

1. Borealis

Uber: Friggin' in the riggin' (first tower)

Awsome Al. Huge Grtaz !!!!
  2. Borealis

what do these #s mean to you?

Notice that "Capitalized expenditures" is slightly higher than the operating profit though. Unlike other forms of income this post is not hard cash. It is simply a way to get (part of?) the investments/expenses associated with the development of new Entropia Software as income in the accounts...
  3. Borealis

EU World Boxing Championships 2009, sponsored by FPC

Rock Borealis Borealis Lightweight
  4. Borealis

Note to the MA network coders

I seriously doubt MA has designed the UDP protocol for VU 10 without numbering of packets. That would be a serious design flaw and considering MA has used UDP for several years it is just too unlikely. A much more likely reason is that this is caused by a simple client side bug. Somewhere in...
  5. Borealis

Does anyone know the telephone number for Mind Ark?

And before wasting money calling this number be warned that there is a 99% probability that the receptionist will tell you the same as is written on the contact page:
  6. Borealis

Multiple Mining Towers In Same Radius?! No way.

HoF list only last for 24 hours, towers last longer. Or it's simply a bug. They seem to frequent these days :)
  7. Borealis

The 15$ Issue

This logic is totally wrong. One of the best things about EU is that it does NOT reward hours/month to determine progress. EU appeal to a lot of players because deposits can make up for lack of playing time. This is important if a company want to target players who have a full time job and a...
  8. Borealis

Decay= MA Profit?

This logic is wrong. MA has not stated that the TT values of materials goes into the crafting lootpool. The peds used while crafting might end up in the hunting lootpool. It is not correct to assume that activities with low/no decay is more profitable than others. In order to know that we...
  9. Borealis

Entropia = not gambling? (lotteriinspektionen)

The interesting point is not whether EU is gambling or not, but whether EU is an illegal or legal form of gambling. Answering the latter is more complex than answering the first. It is the lotteri-inspectors job to answer the latter question. They have done that and have come to the conclusion...
  10. Borealis

Having set probabilities is not as universal as you seem to think. If I go an play the horses here in Norway the odds is not determined until after betting is closed. When you place the bet you can only see an estimate of the odds (based on the bets placed so far). If someone place a big bet...
  11. Borealis

An argument like this seem to come up in every thread releated to EU and gambling. However, what is often forgotten is that the definition of gambling used is not relevant with respect to Swedish law. Swedish law does not prohibit all games that involve "money and random returns". The law is...
  12. Borealis

Which came first?

This answer probably makes me more seriousface than you, but the original question does not state that the egg need to be from a chicken. Therefore semantics does not matter. The egg came first. One can argue that it is implied that the egg should be a "chicken egg", However, then the term...
  13. Borealis

Today is a bad day in EU?

It's the weather The weather is nice (in Scandinavia at least) and it is also "The birthday of the church" (Whit Sunday / Pentecoast / Pinse). Which means Monday is a national holiday in many countries (making the weekend perfect for a mini-break). I noticed the effect of these two factors...
  14. Borealis

Question: A new economic model?

The reason decay is essential for keeping the economy flowing is that it works as a drain on the economy (i.e. removes peds from the economy). If decay becomes part of the lootpool it no longer surves this purpose. It is essential that peds are removed from the in-game economy. Otherwise we get...
  15. Borealis

Opinion Poll Please all read This....

I agree with this one.
Back