Recent content by falkao

1. falkao

Stable returns vs Eco and maturity

as of my understanding TT% = Loot / (Cost + decay) TT% is about 95% and had a very high variance. With "stable returns" they've lowered this variance and this has nothing to do with eco. The more decay the less TT% but now with less variance (volatility). Hence same expected mean.
  2. falkao

New Mining or Old Mining?

I prefer the new system because nobody knows all the details yet.
  3. Serica Pre/Post 2013 R2

Serica Pre/Post 2013 R2

4. Serica Pre/Post 2013

Serica Pre/Post 2013

5. falkao

mining data 2012

I’ve posted some simulated data of new mining loot for long term results before (>1k drops). As we do have a lots of posts claiming bad returns on 100 drops, it might be good to look at the respective simulated data (fig.1). Only 23.6% of runs will be above 100% TT and only 13.7% of runs will...
  6. Simulated Mining data 100 drops

Simulated Mining data 100 drops

7. falkao

Stop the Modified Loot!

There are still exceptional finds but their value is now lower and I further do assume that their freq is the same or only slightly lower. If you do get a 25PED find nowadays it is comparable to an old 50 PED one.
  8. falkao

mining data 2012

We have compared in 2010 MF-105 (1.8 PEC decay, depth 522, now F-105) with Jul 10 (decay .75, depth 204, now Ziplex Z1) and there was neither a difference in hitrate nor in TT returns. Hence, the quite large difference in decay was not reflected in TT. This however does not exclude, that other...
  9. falkao

mining data 2012

if I recall correctly, there was also one observation where one was able to get lyst from an area normally not having it by using a low depth or decaying finder.
  10. falkao

mining data 2012

stereo post
  11. falkao

mining data 2012

I do remember that and it was hard to judge what was going on. Those low decaying, low depth finders where present in ore mining. You do find them still as MD-40, MD-50. The difference in decay is however very small, so that the contribution to loot value is unclear. Unfortunately, there is no...
  12. falkao

Stop the Modified Loot!

We've noticed the contrary. Mining loot seems less volatile and has better mean return when doing a lower number of drops.
  13. falkao

mining data 2012

There is not that much data about different finders and decay. The data we do have doesn't show a finder effect on size. What holds true on finders is the more decay, the more depth. Hence, if you're after rare or higher MU resources, then you have to pay this with decay. I won't exclude...
  14. falkao

mining data 2012

numbered 1) to 3); the systems looks random and hence there is no trace of a personal loot pool. The system returns basically all PED's consumed by probes and amp (therefore the mean of 0.5 PED per drop per standardized loot). What you don't get back is decay on finder, decay on driller and...
  15. falkao

mining data 2012

You've got swirlies from size 12 on. If they start them now with size 10 (about 22 PED in mean) it would be a similar feeling. Also size 11 (25.5 PED in mean) might be a good start. Btw, does somebody have collected recent size-ped data? The relation so far was something like meanPED(size) =...
Back