Recent content by LaraD

1. L

The Meteor event

When I read the news, that a new Meteor shower event is starting I was going :woohoo:. I have many good memories about the first Meteor shower event , which was the first and only mining event. But it was so much fun for us miners. And now we have a second one. :drool: Well it didn't take long...
  2. L

Question: When was the last time you looted a beacon?

SOOTO's have changed a lot. I used to get one on average per 2,5k bombs dropped. Now I am closing 12k without any SOOTO.
  3. L

Mining in taxed ares

I just browsed to the thread Serica mentioned and found the following:
  4. L

Mining in taxed ares

Well the answer is pretty easy: They would loose a shit load of money. If an area is empty you won't find anything and hence you won't get any tax. Well that doesnt work. How can you substract e.g.4% from an Azzurite find???? :scratch2: Well if MA would confirm my theory, the LA owners could...
  5. L

Mining in taxed ares

I completely agree with that and i guess that's how the system works. To achieve this you have to keep track of the indivdual loots and adjust futher loots according to this history. This is exactly what I would call a personal lootpool. Which doesn't exist according to MA. Therefore taxes...
  6. L

Mining in taxed ares

If you mine high TT Ores the tax can't be deducted from a single find. A small Azzurite is always 3 stones. That is the common interpretation, but I think it is wrong. The only two possibilites to tax you are either reducing claim size or amount of claims. I can't find any proof for this in my...
  7. L

Mining in taxed ares

I used the forum serach but didn't find any test about mining in taxed area. So here's my answer: Does mining in a taxed LA affect your TT return? Is the TT return exeactly reduced by the amount of taxes? How is TT return reduced? Less finds, or do finds have lesser value?
  8. L

FYI: MaxLoot formula

Yup, and MA explained that they have set a multiplier wrong. So at least back then loot mulitpliers in mining existed.
  9. L

Point to evolve in hunting skills and equipment

There are many ppl who profited from EU by crafting/mining/hunting. I myself did so, too. Today it is probably still possible but not in the scale of the old days. I simply gave up trying to profit from EU, because it became tedious and more like a second job. Back in the old days loot pattern...
  10. L

Range Enhancer

Are there any tests regarding range enhancers? My F106 has a range of 55m with one range enhancer it should be 56m. The area which is covered with the enhanced finder is 3,67% bigger than withot enhancers. With an avarage hitrate of 27% I should get 0,99% more finds, so around 28%. Has...
  11. L

Question: MA: When are you going to make a revamp on mining?

I don't like the proposed change either. For me the problem isn't that my Avatar's skills have not a big influence of the outcome of a mining run but that the player's skill has a very small influence on the outcome. And the recent changes reduced the influence even more. Before the variance in...
  12. L

another crazy mining log...

Wrong. Even if you don't have the correct depth for an area you get claims. There is a substitute ore defined for every region you get instead. In many cases it is Lyst. TT return isn't affected by finder. Both is true. You can not find rares with a higher lvl amp. I guess it was implemented...
  13. L

A/B testing

Well. that's not the topic of thread. The topic is: Is it possible that MA implemented different loot mechanisms and actually uses them.
  14. L

A/B testing

A/B testing is a way to monitor behaviour. MA could use it to monitor if loot system A makes the player spend more by being more active and gambel or more or if system B is better. They could even cateogrize the players and apply the best loot pattern for that category, e.g. one for gamblers...
  15. L

mining data 2012

I have a completely different experience: It is a lot easier to avoid Lyst and I have many runs even in unmapped areas where I didn't find any Lyst. There are some areas though, where I only find Lyst, but in gernal it is a lot easier to avoid Lyst when you use an OF106. ( My comparison is pre...
Back