Tamn

Profile posts Latest Activity Postings Media Albums About

• -----------Health Update-----------
    (December 08)
    -----------------------------------
    My dosage has been increasing over the last few weeks, and lately the headaches have gone away, so I've been playing a bit lately which is a great change. The side effects of the treatment are starting to show, kinda weird watching a bald spot form...0.o
    I've always worn hats anyways, so no biggie there...

But ya, pretty much the same routine, the tumor has been growing at about the same rate as it previously has, so basically everythings on schedule.
    Thanks for asking pianoman, =)
    Hey Tamn! Can we get a health update? I haven't heard anything in a while. I really hope you are doing well. Best of luck to you!
    shit mate, so sorry to hear about the cancer =( my nana died of it a few years ago after beating it 5 times prior. My mother had breast cancer at the same time and beat it. Its such a shit but I really hope you can stay strong, your attitude about it all is incredible. I salute thee, sir.
    Thanks alot man, I really appreciate your well wish's.
    May the same also be for you!
    I never met you, not even in-game... but my thoughts are with u and your family m8! keep up the good spirit, and may all your days be filled with joy :)
    -----------Health Update-----------
    (September 22)
    Today I started Radiation Therapy, I am told that there should not be any side effects for a while, with the low doses I will be receiving. Eventually......they say I'll probay be losing my hair, grrrrr. I'll need to go find some wax to polish it, ;)
    Anyways, heres a link for anyone curious about the treatment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_therapy
    -----------Health Update-----------
    (September 06)
    On June 16th, I was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor, the more medical term for it is Glioblastoma multiforme. With this diagnoses came a prognosis, 12-24 months if treatment went well, 3-6 at worse. With such a.....timeline...I instantly shut down my computer to spend time with my family and friends.
    It's been a few months since then, and I've spent much time running from doctor to doctor, and I have been informed that things at this rate are looking very well, and that I may very well be seeing my maximum prognosis.

I will be starting radiotherapy treatment in the next few weeks, and will eventually by this years end, having an operation to try and remove the tumor.
    I trust you guys have all been well.
    I thought I'd throw you an update now,

Sooooo......
    Heres whats up....
    I'll make it short and sweet.....I have a tumor....
    Apparantly its been growing inside my brain for quite some time, and has only just been found. The last few weeks have seen me running to all sorts of doctors, who have been running tests, etc.

Basiclly....in a nutshell....sadly, the diagnoses doesnt sound too good. Basicly, its lodged in such a delicate part of the brain that the surgey to remove it has a very very small chance of success. That part aside...
    although they are not 100% sure of everything yet...they are giving me anywhere from 12-24 months to live.

With this in mind...I had decided to cut off my computer activitys to spend time with my friends and family. It's almost.....I dunno....weird...

4 years ago, my best friend developed a brain tumor and died as well.....even weirder...my dad's best chiledhood friend at age 30, also passed away from a brain tumor....my dad in turn named me after him to honor his memory....

I dunno....this worlds quite weird, but anyways...I'm getting off track here, I've been doing that alot lately, strugglign with everything.

But anyways, I will probably be back soon, but....I just thought I'd let you know, and if you could, I'd really appriciate it if you would let my socmates know, so they can pray for me.

God be with you,
    Regards,
    Tamn
    Sorry about the lack of news, I'm gonna be taking a short break from the game due to some RL issues. But I'll be back before ya know it.
    In the meanwhile, I give thee permission to steal all my hofs, ;)
    Im sorry bro :D I will try and clear out some space but after my modified membership was cancelled i had wayyyyyy to many messages so will take me a whiel to delete :D Working on it right now :)
    Haha, maybe laters, I gotta come up with a foolproof argument first, ;)
    Aloha!
    My name is Tamn, I'm a passionate miner with a great love for chatting into the wee hours with my soc and friends. I love a good cold pepsi, and some globals, =D

In real life, I like to game, scuba dive, and spearfish in the Florida Keys. I also enjoy airsoft, and skipping school....oops, did I just say that? ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back