News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

I don't know if this has already been requested but the inventory should be separated into two parts. Part for the items we take with us to use and part for the loot.

I have my FAP mapped to 6 keys, according to my uses (hunting / healing / hunthealing), and which hand is available.
Now I undertand that we no longer map one item per key, but max 3 keys by item, right ?
(Please dup my FAP!)

Edgewise has it right; you can just put the item in two or more action bar slots, and map it to three keybinds per slot.

So i guess about ........ 4 * 10 * 3 available keybinds for your fap? ( 4 action bars, 10 slots on each, 3 keybinds per slot?)

You can have up to five action bars.

Not sure if its been addressed but can you add a section to auto equip a set of plates to your equiped armor with the click of a button instead of manualy removing every plate and adding another back on?

Not sure if its been addressed but can you add a section to auto equip a set of plates to your equiped armor with the click of a button instead of manualy removing every plate and adding another back on?
Please this.

My biggest concern is the hp bar. I hope it will be pleasant to watch the hp bar in the new ui for any extended amount of time while hunting. For a hunter, its probably the most important thing to watch while hunting.

Eye comfort has been taken into consideration when designing the new UI and choosing the colors for it.

I think this is a bad decision, but time will tell. I expect most future screenshots will be nameless, so it will be impossible to tell who really took the screenshot.

Also nameless screenshots is a poor decision. Again what benefit is there from this change? is it for some sort of GDPR compliance? This is only going to encourage scammers and cheats.

You can still select yourself or hover the mouse over the healthbar to display your name.

Could you please specify which types of scams or cheats you believe would be possible with this change that wouldn't already be possible with the current display?

It won't be in the release, but we are aware of this request, so it may get added in a future patch.

It won't be in the release, but we are aware of this request, so it may get added in a future patch.
That is good news.

Will we have in this release the regular armor sets mappable?

That is good news.

Will we have in this release the regular armor sets mappable?

Not in this release. You'll have to use the loadout system to switch armors. However, we are aware that people want this, and will be looking into possibly adding it in the future.

Not in this release. You'll have to use the loadout system to switch armors. However, we are aware that people want this, and will be looking into possibly adding it in the future.
sorry if I misunderstand, but does that mean it's back to equipping each individual piece, one at a time ?

Eye comfort has been taken into consideration when designing the new UI and choosing the colors for it.
Thanks.

You can still select yourself or hover the mouse over the healthbar to display your name.

Could you please specify which types of scams or cheats you believe would be possible with this change that wouldn't already be possible with the current display?
I dont think anyone is going to casually select himself or hover his own healthbar when hoffing or gathering evidence of harassment while being harassed. The focus is elsewhere in the heat of these moments.

sorry if I misunderstand, but does that mean it's back to equipping each individual piece, one at a time ?

No, you use the loadout system to create and save loadouts, and then you click the loadout you want to equip.

No, you use the loadout system to create and save loadouts, and then you click the loadout you want to equip.
we all got scared for a second hahah.

The Plate feature is well overdue.
Switching plates is such a massive pain in the...

Iam hoping for an implementation in the near future :)

Excited for the UI update.
All i can say to people that are generally negativ about the changes.
Things in life change...get used to it. Growth only happends with change.
That also applies to a Game, not only RL. :)

pm sent.

Apart from scams it may also cause issues with LA events. Most events like that use entropialife tracker data and sometimes a global/hof may not be picked up by tracker. Previously we could show a screenshot of global/hof as a kind of proof but this may not be allowed in future as it will be difficult to determine which avatar the global/hof belongs to.

@Ludvig|MindArk

Some feedback about 'hp bar UI element', I know it won't get implemented for initial release on 20th but please consider changing it in later patch.

Current hp bar implementation
  • shows PED Card balance
  • does not show Avatar Name

I would argue that those should be reversed, and should
  • hide PED Card balance
  • show Avatar Name
This is crucial for sharing screenshots, vidoes or live streaming EU.
Currently you need to either edit screenshots, or to use blocking elements to hide part or entire hp bar UI in order to hide PED balance. This creates hussle and breaks viewers' immersion (if entire hp bar is hidden), resulting in fewer EU content being broadcasted into world, thus lowering free advertisement of a game.

Both our Avatar Name and our PED Card are some of most impotrant assets ingame (on top of Avatar Skills and Game Knowledge), however both of those belong in opposite privacy cathegories:
  • Avatar Name is carrier of our Reputation (whether good or bad) and Fame in game, and as such should be always visible to other players. Hiding this information only aids bad actors in
    • stealing other players' images and videos and using those for own gains
    • hiding and anonymising their shady practices (currently there had been sevweral instances of someone recording malicious thing or use of exploit and this being visible to public, with clear indication who did it)
  • PED Card balance is very personal and vast majority of players want to hide that information from other players, for variety of reasons, most importantly to avoid being targeted by potential hack attempts. Forcing this information on screen only creates hassle for anyone wanting to create content with EU gameplay

As with other aspects of UI and game, optionality should be available.
For example default option for PED Card balance on hp bar UI element shoulkd be hidden, with option to show for those who really want to broadcast that info to world.
However I think Avatar Name shoulkd be always visible.

I hope that you guys will make a backup before the update incase big fuckups.
I hope that you will in several future mini patches, patch any highly request feedback and so that any empty slots in any action bars can be hidden (including the arrow) in the options settings.
Because after configuring everything the way back that we want as close to what we had before. We don't need to have any empty action bar slots open or the arrows getting in the way of other stuff. Thats the opposite of what you guys are trying to accomplish by reducing clutter on screen.
It would be ideal if we could customize the layout of each action bar, by dragging it so we could form squares, triangles shape etc whatever we want so we're not stuck with just just the two options provided.
I hope it's possible to create as many chat windows as we want like right now I have one for general chat, all planets and one for trade.
I hope ya will continue to take feedback and improve the UI further so that we can get something closer to what we have lost, only more modern.

As with other aspects of UI and game, optionality should be available.
For example default option for PED Card balance on hp bar UI element shoulkd be hidden, with option to show for those who really want to broadcast that info to world.
However I think Avatar Name shoulkd be always visible.

Yes! I hate that people always see how much ped you have. Just let it be shown when you open inventory

Yes, please swap the HUD PED balance with our Avatar names.

There will be options to toggle both name display and PED balance display added in a patch after release. Hopefully rather shortly after, but the first priority of the patches will obviously be fixing any issues and bugs which may turn up.

I just saw the warning about saving all one's settings and sticky notes before tomorrow's UI update. You know golly well that this is unrealistic, since proper ways to export them were never implemented and the workarounds are so cumbersome and clumsy, not many are going to spend their remaining afternoon with that.

Therefore: Is there any good reason you can't simply do a backup of whatever part of your database stores these things on the server? And give everyone a personalized link to download it in some suitable format (CSV, JSON, XML, whatever is both easy to produce and easy to read) from our website account in case something got lost. You will have fewer support cases to handle if shtf, promised.

I've not seen shtf as an abbreviation before, but assume it's s*** hits the fan. Well, under 24 hrs to go now. Will MA accidentally intentionally lose our personal notes and then say they said we should back them up (via whatever tedious process people wanted to come up with)?
Will names be on or off before they become togglable?
Will I be completely pissed off in 24 hrs time, mildly annoyed, mildly happy or ecstatic about the vu? I've arranged for something in RL to hopefully take my mind off this tomorrow. GL all ...

There is no reason to panic and I didn't mean to instill any fear this might happen, it's just basic common sense and good practice in software development to treat this as potential risk which could cause much damage if it happened (many support cases and bad publicity), but very little effort to prevent.

I've been wondering if the new key bindings are stored server-side or client-side. I think it will be a bit more tedious to bind keys now, hoping they can be backed up easily.

There is something about the current keyboard binding setup that is just so intuitive, just drag the icon from inventory or from action library to what key in the keyboard that you want. Or maybe it's because we're so used to it all these years... I'm going to miss it, at least at the beginning until I get accustomed to the new way..

@Ludvig|MindArk I don't think anyone asked. if the UI part of UR and is that going to be considered the start? My guess is prob not, but gotta ask

Countdown to doomskar!! Excited? Enthralled? Dreadful? Scared? All of the above!?!?

Countdown to doomskar!! Excited? Enthralled? Dreadful? Scared? All of the above!?!?
Horrible time to post this

Back