Search results

1. K

Win2K locked out?

well, may as well throw in my 2 penneth.... and for those of you wondering where i've been, yeah sorry, babies, moving house, burst appendix, work.... been a busy year anyway i thought ... oooh V10.0, maybe i should grab a chance and at least log in even if i don't get a chance to play much...
  2. K

Story: Treacherous Idyll

(starts creating fake logins to increase the number of views to the thread) Seriously, we liked the story. Might have been better with Bruce in of course, but I'm sure we have that to look forward to. And crowds of exas too - with photos. Why aren't more people reading this thread ...
  3. K

Aha this is good news. So the next story will be in a year or 2, due to large amounts of planning, and a lot of writing. I think we can expect Harry Potter and the Thorifoid Temple, or something of that size. Maybe a set of 7 books? :D We are looking forward to it already. Well done edana...
  4. K

Terra Verde 'R' recruiting - silly people only!

Bare-back? So that means the falx has no clothes on? I always knew falx were a bit kinky, but I think this is a bit much. There was a young falx called Dave Breer * Who escaped from his LA last year He found Pinky's estate and stole her jaffa cake but decided he preferred Lars' beer * this...
  5. K

Armor Decay Testing Results - VU 9.1

I don't think so, since the damage has already been worked out to determine the effect on your health. The armour decay just needs to convert actual damage absorbed into decay, which would be the same for a given armour type. So just 1 table per armour type, with 1 entry per possible absorbed...
  6. K

I know what you're saying - yes modern servers are fast. But even assuming each area has a cluster not just 1 server (and I certainly hope it does), with different boxes to do different tasks, there is a lot more to do than just calculate armour decay, and I don't honestly think they would...
  7. K

I doubt they even do this - computing A*dmg^1.75 + B*dmg each time a mob hits your armour is expensive in computing time, when you consider that so many players are having armour hit every second. The multiply will be fast - it's the ^1.75 that's nasty. A smart developer would not want this to...
  8. K

Beginging miner wants to switch to hunter

When you see the image of an item in the TT you can right click it and choose Item Info - the item properties window appears. Click the magnifying glass at the bottom right of this window to see the item stats. Maxed means you have reached the point where you can use the item as well as...
  9. K

Make Up, Mob Drop List

Wheat foundation really really does come from exas. It was an exa domi the first time and around 16 pedder, but it did happen. I'll take screenies next time. :P
  10. K

Do! I really enjoyed reading it - definitely to be recommended. And come on - we need more views, otherwise we'll never find out what happens to these people in episode 2 !
  11. K

Beginging miner wants to switch to hunter

There's a lot of good advice here, although there seems to be a lot of focus on armour for some reason. My guess is that if you've been out in the wilds of EU mining, you already know which mobs hit you hard and which you can run from, and you've probably built up a bit of evade already. So...
  12. K

Grass/Foliage lag

I seem to remember seeing another game had a similar problem with grass, and actually released a modded map without the grass for ppl who had the problem. However, most likely it's due to the merry mayhem event. So many exas were killed, they are not eating the grass and it's grown too long -...
  13. K

Make Up, Mob Drop List

I've looted wheat foundation twice now from exas in the last week or 2. Nice list btw leeloo :)
  14. K

Do you think loot is player based? well it is

An interesting discussion. One point which occurred to me: It was said above, that random loot is most likely, primarily because it's the simplest to implement. It's a close run thing whether this is actually easier than tracking amount spent by player (ie removed from inventory or decayed...
  15. K

Is "Sweat Gathering" an ornamental skill?

But this might just mean one of you was consistently quicker with pressing the sweat key. You really need to compare success rate (ie successes per attempt) to eliminate other factors. I know this is an obvious point which you would have seen already - not trying to teach my granny to suck...
  16. K

Is "Sweat Gathering" an ornamental skill?

There are acually 2 tests to do here: 1. Get Ms High SG and Mr Newbie SG to sweat separately on the same mob type/maturity over several hour long periods, and compare success rates 2. Get Ms High SG and Mr Newbie SG to sweat at the same time on the same mob, over several hour long periods, and...
  17. K

Find it - Add to it - Make it hard to get to

This is quite a fun idea - nothing like a bit of mountaineering. I couldn't think of anywhere to move it to, but i have added a probe to the pile : )
  18. K

My guide so far, seeking feedback

really good explanation of the colouring/texturing alice - makes a lot of things clear. Things i wondered when i read it: - do different textures require different skill levels to apply (like different colours). So then is there a progression like there is with colours? - if i am too...
  19. K

Servers offline?

Yep - it works again. Phew. I was thinking maybe with the impending public offering, they had decided to switch off the beta server we all play on, 'cos they're ready to switch on the live server. :P
  20. K

It's a brilliant story alice - great to read something about the early days of our world. And exciting too. I can't wait to read the next instalment to see how they escape. A really great story and thanks for posting it up so we can all enjoy it :) +rep if ef will let me
  21. K

crafting a weapon?

What nobody seems to be mentioning is that when you start, you need to use a basic level gun because you have almost no skills. This limits your choices, and the crafted options at this level are not good. There are rifles or pistols/handguns. Let's assume you want to use rifles (better for...
  22. K

Respawn rate during events

I can actually kind of see why MA would say what they did. Consider for a moment what happens when a mob spawns. It is not just a case of adding it to the DB of active mobs in game. There is a lot else to do: - pick maturity (maybe same as one which died, who knows, maybe there is a complex...
  23. K

EFD Store Maintenance

@ 711: while you are still performing maintenance, and the EFD store menu item goes to this thread, would it be possible to put a link to the icon shop in your first post. I know you have 'EFD Gift Icon System Restored' but the link is actually wrong and doesn't work (should be page 6 not 2)...
  24. K

toxic shot

I find the best way to make them last is not to enter any pvp zone. Mine is lasting well as a result of this strategy :P
  25. K

Upcoming EntropiaForum Server Upgrade/Move

Great news - I have to say I assumed it was already using a separate DB server. Just shows what you can do with a single box if you want to. Anyway hope the migrate goes flawlessly :)
Back