Search results

1. K

A few data points on crafting skillgains

With the interest in skill gains and bases and multiples for each skill gain msg, I thought this data might be of use to someone. This consists of all skill gains in eng, manuf elec and electronics for the first 418 clicks on electronics crafting (using SIB bp) except a few which were corrupted...
  2. K

How much should mentor and disciple be in contact?

I've seen a number of threads over the summer about mentors going awol. (Disciples of course do it all the time, never to be seen again, but that's a different matter.) "Calling my mentor calling my mentor. Helloooooo" <silence> But equally, I would guess almost nobody wants a mentor who is...
  3. K

Beware traders who disguise their prices

Ok I thought I'd post this in the newbie section because I've noticed it happening more and more and I would hate to think that someone loses out as a result. It's not technically a scam, just sharp practice, but be on the look out for it. I've noticed a disturbing trend recently among buyers...
  4. K

Mining extractors question

Up till now I have always used the TT extractor (enmats only, but I guess it applies to ore as well). Now I know that higher level extractors are faster - can do more clicks per minute. But do they also extract more per click? I realise the size of the claim is unaffected. What I'm wondering...
  5. K

Where are the black and white maps please

I seem to remember seeing on a web site somewhere some black and white maps of eudoria and amethera which you could print and then draw on. I can't find where these were now. Can anyone remember seeing these and remind me with a link? Thanks very much :)
  6. K

Not the oil I was expecting

Well I went out expecting to come back with a pile of animal oil, but dropped a probe just in case, and was shocked to get my first solo global with a different sort of oil :yay: I was so shocked I never even screenied the swirlies. That was fun... can I do it again please :laugh:
  7. K

What smilies do you use in EU chat?

Ok I now see so many different smilies being used in EU that I don't know what they mean half the time. I mean sure : ) means I'm happy. Or I'm smiling. Or that was a bit funny. Or thanks. : ( sometimes it means I'm sad. Sometimes it means I'm angry. But what about :/ :P :S Then...
  8. K

Finder depth and COS

I've had a search, but nothing seems to cover this. Basically what I'm wondering is whether you find more finds with an extractor that looks deeper, or just higher value ones. The way I see it, you can ignore range. All the finders have about the same. So the only variation is depth. Now...
  9. K

Mob HP regen rate

Ok I did a search, looked on entropedia and all the usual things. There don't appear to be any stats on mob healing rates. So, I did a test as follows: - kill a mob down to within an inch of its life - press U, and note the time - add up the damage done to the mob - wait for the dragged out...
  10. K

Unable to rate threads

Hi I'm trying to rate a thread, which I've never done before. So I click the down arrow next to the rating, and the 'rate this thread' box appears. I click the rating of my choice (eg excellent) and that radio button is selected But when I click 'vote now' nothing happens. Am I doing...
  11. K

Question: how does stack share really work

Ok I know that stack share means stackable items are split according to dmg, and clearly non-stackables like an armour piece cannot be split. However, my question is this... If loot contains a higher value item (say a 10 ped armour piece) and stackables (say another 10 ped of residue), how...
  12. K

That yellow & green sweat idea

Ok, I've started another thread for this, instead of continuing to hijack the previous thread where this idea was mentioned a bit off topic. See here onwards for the previous posts. This was not my original idea...I just added some thoughts like the sweat catalyst (see below) to ideas from...
  13. K

What weapon/fap economy really means

I've seen some confused ideas about economy, so partly for my benefit, and partly in case it's interesting for anyone else reading, I thought I'd post this. All of it is available from reading around ef...it's not meant to be new or original, but I wanted to gather everything together in one...
  14. K

Naming conventions for avatar genders

I tried, but I couldn't find a way to word the title, that didn't give the wrong impression, but there we go.... This is a question about how to refer to an avatar which has a different sex to their RL owner. So, say I have a friend who is female IRL, but has a male ava. Should I call them...
  15. K

Mysterious Galaxy ion Conductors

Ok I must confess to being a bit mystified here. Research on pe-wiki & BobTheBuilder shows 3 types of Galaxy Ion Conductors: SI: Used: in nothing, market value: TT SII: Used: in nothing, market value: TT SIII: Used: Geotrek weps, market value: 116% Compare this to the plastic springs for...
  16. K

First experiences of a total crafting noob

So yesterday, I decided to experiment with some crafting, just to see what it's like :laugh: Armed with Alice's guide, I walked confidently up to the technician and... 1. Buying the bp and bp book This is supposed to be the easy bit. Well buying a bp is easy - just like buying from the TT...
  17. K

Selling: 1.3k Muscle oil 101%

Well the title says it all really. Selling 1320 Muscle oil for 40 ped (101%) Any of you crafty ppl out there who want it, please pm me I'll give it a few days, then it's into the TT, but that would be such a waste :) Sold: to a nice armour crafter :)
  18. K

Re: Help MA getting bugs fixed - why not 500 votes

Re: Help MA getting bugs fixed - why not 500 votes I have seen that Witte has organised a fantastic initiative to get forum consensus on the highest priority bugs which, impressively, MA have asked to be sent in to their support dept. (Thread here ) Anyway this seemed to me to be a brilliant...
  19. K

Feffoids maffoids and gender

Ok following some confusion on my part in another thread, I need some guidance here. I had always thought: feffoids are female maffoids are male But now it seems that's not right. Apparently feffoids are male. :scratch2: So does this mean maffoids are female? Or are there males and females...
  20. K

Why is laser unfairly given advantage over blp?

Is there a reason why we don't have a blp equivalent to the opalo? I mean blp is just as good ammo as energy surely. There's no entropia-realism reason that I can see. Like maybe the accident in the original colonisation fleet, when the colony supply ship BZ5 sadly exploded part way across to...
  21. K

Loots appear to be up in VU8.12

Ok I have seen several threads on VU8.12 loots, mostly covering the increases in eye & muscle drops and apparent increases in no loots. So in the interests of scientific experiment, I calculated some stats on my kills since the VU as compared to before. Now these are on low level mobs...
  22. K

Selling: 1.3k Animal Oil Residue

I managed to pick up 1350 animal oil residue yesterday. If anyone would like it for crafting etc, please PM me before 16:00 MA time today (7 June 2007). I will sell @ TT value KP
  23. K

EU court laws and system of government (II)

This is the poll i meant to put in the previous thread :duh:
  24. K

EU court laws and system of government

Lots of times I've read about badly behaved players, and also problems of trust when dealing with 'unauthorised businesses' in-game, and it occurred to me that this is an area ripe for polling user opinion. So currently we in EU live in a hi-tech dictatorship presided over by an immortal...
  25. K

Logging team/soc chat to file

I searched and couldn't find this anwhere, and apparently it's not available, so here goes... I thin it would be very useful to be able to log team or soc chat to a file, the same way you can currently log PM chat. Features I suggest: It should go to a different file (teamchat.log /...
Back