Search results

1. Constantine

Joke of The day!

A woman and a man are involved in a car accident on a snowy, cold morning; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished, but amazingly neither of them are hurt. After they crawl out of their cars, the woman first notices that the other driver was a man, and says to him, "Wow, just...
  2. Constantine

Joke of The day!

An old joke, new times Six guys were playing EU at a cybercafe when Wildman loses 5000 PEDs on a hunting trip, clutches his chest and drops dead at the table. Eddie looks around and asks, "Who is going to tell his wife?" They draw straws. Bob, who is always a loser, picks the short one. They...
  3. Constantine

Evade - skill gains on failures

I love it. Nothing teaches evade like some smacks to the head. Or courage like getting hit while running from something. I got Alertness from a critical hit too - I am definitely looking out for those more! :laugh:
  4. Constantine

Evade - skill gains on failures

Starting with the latest VU, I've started seeing skill gains for Evade when I get hit, which I hadn't been getting previously. Are other people getting them, and is it occurring for other skills? I'm sure that such a fundamental change in the skill gain methodology will have an interesting...
  5. Constantine

Obvious things it took you ages to notice

To run from something and FAP: * Run. * When your fap is close to recharging, nudge your scroll wheel up to ready the FAP. * As soon as it's recharged, stop and FAP. * As soon as you've FAPed, run. * Repeat. Once you get the hang of it, you barely slow down :)
  6. Constantine

Bring back headjumping !

While you're at it, rewrite Chumbawumba's Tubthumping to be Headjumping, and submit it to the music list for EU. :) I get knocked down...
  7. Constantine

Possible Future Crafted Item

It's for a top secret new craftable PED card that'll remember all the money you blew hunting :)
  8. Constantine

Quote your favourite -reps

Yeah. Me and my whoppin' 5 PEDs on my PED card. :)
  9. Constantine

Condition limit of TT weapons now 50%

I will note that previously, the TT SIB items that I used did not seem to decrease in potency as they decayed. Thus, the 50% condition limit is not that big a deal, since it offsets something that caused it to act differently than other unlimited items. I think it creates a 3 tiered system, with...
  10. Constantine

Just when you thought the colouring tool couldn't get any worse....

Does the halving of decay caused by bleach compensate?
  11. Constantine

Clarification about Entropia banking operations

I didn't say there was a change - I think MA realized that a previously virgin market (other than Telik's Loan Service) was going to heat up. Rather than deal with the backlash and possible boot-dropping later, they decided to drop the boot now. I'll amend my statement by noting that MA earns...
  12. Constantine

You're honest - but how long until someone who wasn't joined the scene? I think MA realized that with banks being prominent, more people would jump on the bandwagon (as they did), and they decided to put their foot down now rather than have something blow up on them.
  13. Constantine

Rather than run around like Chicken Little decrying that MA is being unnecessarily harsh about unauthorized loans, look at it from MA's view: An unsecured loan system is begging for complaints. When those complaints occur, the only authority anyone can turn to is MA. MA will tell them "Sorry...
  14. Constantine

Wirecard Explains How Virtual Banking Will Work

New financial advice: move to Germany. :tele:
  15. Constantine

Joke of The day!

In a couple of years.... Doug and Bill were chatting in Twin Peaks. Doug says, "You know, if you withdraw $600, Mindark tells the government." Bill says, "Well it could be worse." Doug replies, "What could be worse than telling the government you withdrew $600?" Bill sighs, "Telling your...
  16. Constantine

Joke of The day!

Vehicles in Entropia Over the last five years the National Transportation Safety Board has been covertly funding a project with U.S. Auto makers whereby the auto makers have been installing "black boxes" in all four wheel drive pick up trucks they have manufactured. This was to determine, in...
  17. Constantine

What type of World do you want?

A planet of the apes! A frozen planet (a la Hoth from Star Wars) A robot-built Dyson sphere Planet Spaceball A Death Star An acidic planet of the Snables
  18. Constantine

Entropia Universe Enters China to Create the Largest Virtual World Ever

Do you have a source? And is that in real money, or in purchasing power?
  19. Constantine

It's a shrewd business move. MA doesn't have the brand awareness or capital to go toe to toe in the US and Europe with Blizzard and other heavy hitters that have both established content and deep pockets. Instead, they chose to create a novel game concept (real cash economy) and use a slow...
  20. Constantine

Nah. The dollar and euro are the two most widely accepted global currencies, so if the PED will be re-pegged, it'll go to the Euro. Since the Chinese government has recently re-valued the yuan and allows it to fluctuate based on other currencies, it would be a bad economic move. It would also...
  21. Constantine

How do you plan to accomodate the economic differences between your current player base and the average income in China? On average, we've got 4 times the purchasing power, and 18-20 times the income as your average Chinese citizen. Either prices go down to accomodate them (and we get more cool...
  22. Constantine

Dunno...sure that 10,000 number isn't just how many censors they'll be hiring? :)
  23. Constantine

Not surprising at all, given that SL has had several instances of public disturbance that made the news, it's easily modified by users (including defacement), and I'm sure the mature content probably didn't reflect well on them. EU is relatively sanitized and provides limited expressive ability...
  24. Constantine

And I plan to host a virtual world with 12 billion concurrent users, using the grass in my lawn as servers. I really don't see them somehow managing to go from EU's size to something that dwarfs World of Warcraft (which only has 8.5 - 9 million players) - even with official access to the...
  25. Constantine

Hogglo Found on Earth

Apparently, the earth version of the Hogglo was created much as the large Hogglos in EU are: careful manipulation of the Size button :) http://www.stinkyjournalism.org/newsdetail.php?id=45
Back