Search results

1. davidgr1200

Question: How many people actually use their apartments as apartments these days?

How many people actually use their apartments as apartments these days? as something more than merely storage? It used to be that some people were very imaginative when decorating their apartments but now most of the accessible ones seem to be empty.
  2. davidgr1200

A new sort of sweat to help new players?

The original idea behind sweat was to give new players a chance to play the game and make a small amount of PED before having to deposit. The problem is that because there is so much sweat in the game now the price has dropped considerably. I propose, therefore, a new type of sweat: This...
  3. davidgr1200

Cost of flying from one planet to another

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I couldn't find a "space" one. I would like to know the cost of flying from one planet to another. As far as I can see, assuming I have a VTOL already, the cost should consist of: 1. Decay on Space Thruster for going from planet1 into space...
  4. davidgr1200

Strange problems around Twin Peaks

I am having strange problems around Twin Peaks. Close to the TP I am fine, but as soon as I leave the "city" area the ground disappears and I start bouncing. Other areas of Calypso are fine, but the areas N, S, E & W of TP give me problems. I can fly over them with my VTOL and evetually reach...
  5. davidgr1200

Problem with Jamora shelf?

I find I can now only put stuff on the bottom three shelves of a Jamora shelf. As it is more liek a pedestal than a shelf I want to put something on the top shelf (as I used to do). Anyone else getting this problem?
  6. davidgr1200

Question: Do you team hunt less often now that there are missions?

WIth the mission system it is important to kill the mob in order to get the "point". This makes team hunting more likely to cause problems "It was MY turn to make the kill!" Is the mission system making you team hunt less often?
  7. davidgr1200

What mobs can you NOT outrun in your vehicle?

So far the only mob I have found which I cannot outrun is the Equus. I tried to drive past an Equus Provider in my Valkyrie but it ran after me and could hit me (or at elast my vehicle) despite being on level ground. Anyone found any mobs that can run that fast (or faster)?
  8. davidgr1200

Is there a guide to vehicles and vehicle owning?

Has someone written a guide summarising what a vehicle owner needs to know? I've searched in the forums but not managed to find one. There isn't much info on Entropedia either. Would be nice to read about what is required. I understand that commisioning needs to be done (How? How much does it...
  9. davidgr1200

Question: A better way to distribute vehicles?

Predictable chaos followed MAs chosen method of distributing vehicles. I don't know if they will do this again but I think it would have been far more successful as part of the mission system. It could have worked soemthing like this: For a period of (say) 5 days a mission could have been...
  10. davidgr1200

Achievement: My first HoF

At last after nearly three years I have managed to get my first HoF. Amazingly enough it was in mining as that is what I have done least of! Took me about three hours to extract all the oil... Click to enlarge
  11. davidgr1200

Question: What do we want to use Mindforce for?

MA have said that Mindforce will be back "soon". What do we hope they have added? At the moment it can only be used for teleporting, and previously it could be used for attacking mobs and healing. What else could it be used for? 1. Seeing further. 2. "Sensing" loot 3. "Sensing" ore any more...
  12. davidgr1200

Question: Why do people want vehicles?

I am interested in knowing exactly why people want vehicles. Being a rather cynical sort of person I would expect any vehicles appearing in EU to have a lot of disadvantages: Very expensive High running costs Easily damaged Slow speed Unable to cope with some sorts of terrain (e.g. water) Unable...
  13. davidgr1200

Mob attacks more successful when sweat is being extracted?

Anyone else noticed that mobs appear to have a much higher chance of hitting you if your sweating device has started extracting? I seem to get most of my hits just after the extractor has started working which means I get the sweating interrupted message. Some times I only get hit seven tiems...
  14. davidgr1200

Highest number of sweat attempts without success

What is the highest numebr of clicks you have made trying to sweat a mob without getting the "green light"? My previous record was 30, but yesterday I broke that record and went 39 clicks without it even starting to get sweat (I am not counting unsuccessful attempts because of being interrupted...
  15. davidgr1200

Shop Doors

In the shopping malls there is no easy way to see if a shop is accessible or not (i.e. if the owner has paid the rent) without trying to enter it. I have, many times, run into the open doorway and been unable to enter just for that very reason. I would suggest a different graphic for the shops...
  16. davidgr1200

Animal scanning

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but there appears to be no forum for scanning. Taming seems to be the nearest I can come. Naively I assume that if I scan uber mobs I will get more skills than if I scan low-level mobs, but it doesn't appear to be that way so I thought I'd try an...
  17. davidgr1200

Opalo +10PED. The way to start?

New players are often recommended to start off with an Opalo and 10 PED ammo. As I haven't seen any statistics on how this goes I thought I would start a thread just to let people know how good a strategy this is. First thing: I am not a new player, I have been playing for a couple of years and...
  18. davidgr1200

New system benefits smaller groups

The new sweating system seems to benefit smaller groups of sweaters over the larger groups which we used to (and still do) see at Neas. When there are too many sweaters on one mob they get in each other's way - this was not important before, but now it can mean that you lose your target. If you...
  19. davidgr1200

Ways to attract and retain new players

A lot of people do not like the sweating system so can we come up with a "better" way of attracting and retaining new players in the game? Any new method would have to meet the following requirements of course: 1. ONLY benefit new players. 2. Not benefit people who get second avatars. 3. Not...
  20. davidgr1200

Question: How many new players actually read the Entropia Forums?

IT would be interesting to know how many new players actually read this forums - is the forum a good way to reach new players? So please answer in the attached poll how long you have been playing Entropia
  21. davidgr1200

Idea to encourage new players to deposit

What do people think about this idea: When a player makes their first deposit then they will get double skills for seven days from the time of deposit. This might encourage a new player to make their first deposit and the first deposit is always the most difficult one to make. The player would...
  22. davidgr1200

A better way to manage apartment rent

AS we all know, most apartments stand empty, unused and impossible to get into, with their owners hoping their value will increase. I have nothing against people doing that, but they should not be able to do it free of charge. I would like to see the rent system overhauled so that everyone who...
  23. davidgr1200

Question: Crafting machine in reach of Auctioneer?

One improvement in crafting which I have noticed is that you can do other things whilst waiting for the "manufacture" button to be ready. I sorted out my storage whilst crafting for example. I can also pull stuff directly from storage to crafting machine (which I couldn't do in earlier...
  24. davidgr1200

Question: EU too difficult for noobs now?

I wonder if EU has become too difficult for new players now? One of the first thinsg I did as a noob a couple of years ago was to do a TP run, this was feasible then. A couple of months ago I tried running from PA to the oil rig with no weapon and managed to make it past Twin Peaks before I got...
  25. davidgr1200

Apartments to check out at TI Platinum

When I run low on PED I sometimes go round buildings looking at apartments to see if I can find any interesting ones - it's usually more fun than sweating! Today I went round TI Platinum and I thought I'd mention the interesting apartments on the off chance that someone else might be interested...
Back