Search results

1. falkao

Are you a happy EU participant? - 2012

This is the 5th time I'm doing this kind of poll. What are you? a happy or a non happy participant. P.S.: I know that there is no "I'm not sure" category. Results 2012: From 220 voters 62% are happy and 38% unhappy. The 95% confidence interval ranges from 55% to 68%. As 50% is outside of...
  2. falkao

Are you a happy EU participant? - 2012

Sry, it's the 5th time I'm doing it, but forgot to add the poll this time. I've made a new one but I've discovered thereafter, that there is also an option to add a poll using thread tools. Here is the new one.
  3. falkao

Are you a happy EU participant?

This is the 4th time I'm doing this kind of poll. What are you? a happy or a non happy ava. P.S.: I know that there is no "I'm not sure" category. Results 2011: From 340 voters 52% are happy and 48% unhappy. The 95% confidence interval ranges from 47% to 58%. As 50% is inside this...
  4. falkao

Why rare L is bad

Why rare items are bad Let’s assume that there are 10k PED ingame and we do cycle them in one day. Then, when assuming a TT% (payout percentage) of 95%, we will have 10k*95% for day two at our disposal. If we continue to cycle all those PED on day two, then for day three there we will be...
  5. falkao

What would happen to EU in the case MA goes bankrupt?

I'm aware of touching a sensitive topic and I will not allow to turn this thread into a whining/flaming one. I'm pretty sure, that in the case MA goes bankrupt it will only partially influence economic aspects of our universe. Why? First we have to ask, why MA did go bankrupt? Weakness of...
  6. falkao

Proposal for a mining area experiment

Objectives Assess characteristics of mining areas (area borders, hit rate, respawn) Methods (sketch) An area or several areas (untaxed) are identified and subdivided into evenly distributed drop points. The area covered by all drop points should cover the area as close as possible. To every...
  7. falkao

Some simple thoughts about EU

Based on the not so new financial report, total cost to drive EU and PC is about 12.5 Mio USD per year or about 1.1 Mio USD a month. This translates, when assuming a 30 USD fee per month and user, to about 36,000 active users needed to cover cost. MA states that one hour within EU should cost...
  8. falkao

Why all this whining

From time to time there are avalanches of whining threads or mostly emotional or negative comments on different issues. This phenomenon is not only observed within EU-community but seems to be generally valid as outlined in two recent studies: 1. Quantitative Analysis of Bloggers Collective...
  9. falkao

Less rep

Is it only me to give less rep as before? Firstly, I had problems to find the new button and secondly, after having found it, it seems that I still don't notice it when I should. Would it be possible to have it named "rep"?
  10. falkao

Editing post

If you edit a large post in advanced mode, when scrolling down (mouse wheel) then its nearly not possible to edit a specific place. Seems as the cursor is somewhere but not where it should be. Using IE8 here.
  11. falkao

Mining range enhancers

Newer used a range enhancer so far, but I've tried to understand how they might work before I'm going to use them. This is only one possible scenario as I had to assume how long an enhancer might last. My understanding so far is, that with a range enhancer “search range” is increased by 1%...
  12. falkao

Well this is the 3rd time I'm doing this kind of poll. What are you? a happy or a non happy ava. Results: From 281 voters 54% are happy and 46% unhappy. The difference is not statistically significant implying that we have a 50/50 situation. The happy ones are simply happy, many of them...
  13. falkao

FYI: Mining research: open issues and experiments

latests update: 2010/07/30 This thread should summarize all those open issues that we have or had about mining. I'll try to group them, link relevant experiments and make a summary about findings, so that one can get quick insights. Please don’t hesitate to make suggestions or address new...
  14. falkao

Help: A comunity mining experiment

A community mining experiment Maybe you've followed one of the mining threads with respect to our publication and related discussions. One issue that is still open is "How random EU is?". Therefore this little experiment. The only thing one has to do is to drop one bomb or one probe in an...
  15. falkao

Mining Payout

I'm glad to announce that we were able to publish results about mining loot in the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR). Without data provided by Steffel, Noodles and Sawachika this wouldn't have been possible. Therefore, a big big thank you. Furthermore, I want to outline that only due...
  16. falkao

Info: Pingtest.net

not sure if this has been already posted. To evaluate quality of internet connection with focus on online games there is a new service atm in beta pingtest It measures packet lost and ping quality.
  17. falkao

Let’s talk about RCE

There have been several posts addressing the lack of RCE within EU. What I do miss is a sustained analysis and concepts about it. What we are paying for The most of us are playing EU for fun and the most are disposed to pay for it. MA stated that their income comes mainly from decay. Please...
  18. falkao

Higher loot on Hoggs in VU10?

Well, collecting data was the first thing I've started in VU 10. Here is what Hoggs are saying. Click to enlarge Loot is about 13% higher (mean normal loot before 4.31 vs. 4.97 PED in VU10) and this difference is statistically significant (Log-Rank p=.041, U-test p=.089) but also number of...
  19. falkao

Results: Poll is over and here are the final results. n = 476 rate and 95% confidence interval Percentage of yes = 42% ranging from 38% to 47% Percentage of no = 58% ranging from 53% to 62% Contrasted tu VU10 there was a significant drop of 29% in happiness. Main reasons for unhappiness...
  20. falkao

Support can be fast

Was stuck in a container last evening. Support was able to relocate my ava in less than 30 min.
  21. falkao

EU and Voip router

Update 090701 Found a solution described here. --------- I've recently changed my ISP and also the router for a SIP capable one (Pirelli DRG A226G) to be able to make VoIP calls using a standard telephone. When I connect to EU (without sound and streaming audio) I'm able to login and to...
  22. falkao

Mining loot analysis

This thread will give basic insights into mining loot and here is a summary of what we were able to identify so far. I have first to say thanks to Steffel and Noodles for providing their data and to make it public. This is not a matter of course. I have seen many Avas hiding their data or not...
  23. falkao

Help: Hunting loot

hunters joining the experiment so far: m.Loot = mean Loot, m.Cost = mean Cost Ava n m.Loot m.Cost Return Rate Fairy 21 279 517 54.0% Falk 20 417 464 89.8% ForrestP 10 195 403 48.5% Galadea 31 1197 463 258.5% Janus 10 188 455 41.2% Schaefer13 37 490 455 107.5% Jez 49 404 491 82.4%...
  24. falkao

Playing costs

Thanks for voting. 63% do judge EU playing costs as not adequate. here some background... MA mentioned in some older financial statements that playing cost is about 2.5 USD per hour. From their description about EU on mindark they state that mean "service fees" are .5 till 1.5 USD per hour...
  25. falkao

Does e-mail notification work?

I have activated it for threads where I post in and for pm's as well but don't get any. Anybody else with the same problem? It seems not to be my spam filter.
Back