Search results

1. gix

FYI: No Chipping Out Locked Skills

"last in first out" is indeed the only way now, albeit with a bit of adjustment as you go... My main reason for posting was to counter the false information out there and help others to avoid my mistake (and of course to have little gripe which is always fun ;) )
  2. gix

FYI: No Chipping Out Locked Skills

There are quite a lot of posts here that state it IS possible to chip out "red" re-locked skills. At the moment this is untrue. I recently chipped out to the point where Combat Sense has become locked. I can no longer chip out Combat Sense. Responses to my support case have consisted of the...
  3. gix

Auto-Use Tool

I'm unspeakably frustrated by this function. When I've got it to work it's absolutely brilliant but it keeps cutting out :mad: Moreover, as lag cuts it out, I often find when the mob's dead and I press it to STOP auto use I'm activating it instead - so I'm firing at a dead mob or not firing at...
  4. Glasses

Glasses

5. gix

Petition: Keep Land Area Repair and Trade Terminals

It's not as simple as that (of course!) UL armour and sights/scopes are less effective as they decay = more wasted shots, more fapping and less loot. I'm sure this is something MA have factored into the equation :rolleyes: I'd love to see the terminals stay but I'll be very surprised if they do.
  6. gix

Armour storage / Group Functionality

HEAR HEAR! :wtg: It surely can't be beyond the wit of man to design this. It's truly monumentally tedious to fish about in storage and individually equip each piece of armour and plates. Time spent doing this is time I could be burning PED - so cummon MA, pull your finger out ;)
  7. Cat Teeth

Cat Teeth

8. Hog

Hog

9. Fur-coat-no-knickers

Fur-coat-no-knickers

10. Image030

Image030

11. Chicken

Chicken

12. gix

Don't you love the 'new hunting'?

Evidently third person in itself is NOT more realistic. What's unrealistic about first person, as exists in the game, is that it's difficult to be aware of what's around you. In real life if a monster was biting your arse you'd be VERY aware of it. Not so in this game now. Let's not confuse...
  13. gix

Don't you love the 'new hunting'?

Being forced into 1st person shooting has other implications too. When surrounded by a swarm or when a mob spawns right next to you it's much harder to identify the most dangerous one to kill first. Before, when 3rd person was the norm for most people and I was no exception, your right hand...
  14. gix

FYI: Black screen when alt+tab with VU 10.0.4

Oddly this wasn't happening to me before but is now happening with 10.0.8 Unspeakably irritating as I don't like window mode and I'm working while I play. NOT GOOD :(
  15. gix

Meckel and Loch pee shooter

It's not quite twice - if it were exactly twice that wouldn't be so annoying. You now can't rely on the sound to prompt you to fire so either you just click the mouse madly or take your eyes off the target and look at the equipment bar. Either way I'm now missing shots with it and considering...
  16. gix

FYI: for those that blame MA

What utter bollox. Firms must not be forgiven for charging CC transaction fees. Why they feel able to do this beyond belief. If they accept CCs as payment that's that and the quoted price is the quoted price regardless. Transaction fees payable by the merchant are just another of THEIR...
  17. Old Crone

Old Crone

18. gix

Question: 64-bit Vista users

Using Vista 64 on intel system now for over a year with no intractable problems. SP2 did cause a few surprises but nothing that couldn't be quickly dealt with.
  19. Rossi

Rossi

20. gix

Question: Is item spliting in teams fair or not?

I'm not going to vote because "fairness" isn't the issue. The simplest, relatively fair system for team hunting is stack share with splitting of big items. Anything else gets too complicated. Team hunting is essentially about a shared experience - and if you do enough of it any "unfairness"...
  21. gix

**Warning** Potential new scam

My face was blue by the end from having to read that without breathing :eek: It wasn't worth re-reading to try and make any sense of it either.
  22. gix

Achievement: Sensible me?

hooray :yay: That's about the most sense I'm ever going to make
  23. Combat Sense

Combat Sense

24. Skills A

Skills A

25. gix

Do you regret....

I agree that any money I've pumped into the game has necessarily been "disposable". I've never thought I'd make a profit. My one regret about spending is the Bear shins I bought last year. At the time they were very rare and I paid the highest ever price at auction. Subsequently MA opened...
Back