Armour storage / Group Functionality

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Once you complete an armour set we should have the option to group the pieces into one icon and disband the group when necessary. This new group would still take the same amount of weight in storage and item counts. It just allows us to wear and unwear armour sets with ease and move them around in storage with ease.

Armour plates could also be grouped like this. This group functionality could be used to group items of our choice e.g. atrox loots could be grouped in one and robot loots grouped in another.

Apart from making it much more convenient to use it would also reduce demands on the MA storage system and hence speed up inventory storage and retrieval.

The group icon should be reduced in size to fit over only one or two storage icon size squares rather than the large ones which cover 4 squares. Again this would free up storage space allocation and hence make it more efiicient.

By keeping the item count and weight the same everything else remains the same i.e. we would still need boxes etc.

So it's better for MA and better for us.

Edit:
I forgot to add it would also save us from loosing items in storage and keep it nice and tidy. For example due to vu10 upgrade my items are still in a mess. I'm still trying to piece together some armour pieces from different boxes etc.

Once you complete an armour set we should have the option to group the pieces into one icon and disband the group when necessary. This new group would still take the same amount of weight in storage and item counts. It just allows us to wear and unwear armour sets with ease and move them around in storage with ease.

Armour plates could also be grouped like this. This group functionality could be used to group items of our choice e.g. atrox loots could be grouped in one and robot loots grouped in another.

Apart from making it much more convenient to use it would also reduce demands on the MA storage system and hence speed up inventory storage and retrieval.

The group icon should be reduced in size to fit over only one or storage icon size squares rather than the large ones which cover 4 squares. Again this would free up storage space allocation and hence make it more efiicient.

By keeping the item count and weight teh same everything else remains the same i.e. we would still need boxes etc.

So it's better for MA and better for us.

Makes for a logical progression in game window however I wonder if exhausted items with no further TT might require a pop up alert.
Good idea:)

Good idea! It would take 30 seconds to equip the armor or the same ~5 seconds?
Alot of people would have something usefull with this option. MA would probably ask more decay to equip it or something tho. But they should put this into use :yay:

Great Idea :cool:

Good idea! It would take 30 seconds to equip the armor or the same ~5 seconds?
Alot of people would have something usefull with this option. MA would probably ask more decay to equip it or something tho. But they should put this into use :yay:

Time saving wise. Currently it can take me over half an hour to find the pieces in storage. I have lots of boxes and a full main inventory. That's just to find them never mind wear them :)

HEAR HEAR! :wtg:

It surely can't be beyond the wit of man to design this.

It's truly monumentally tedious to fish about in storage and individually equip each piece of armour and plates.

Time spent doing this is time I could be burning PED - so cummon MA, pull your finger out ;)

Time saving wise. Currently it can take me over half an hour to find the pieces in storage. I have lots of boxes and a full main inventory. That's just to find them never mind wear them :)

Point made. It would even work if MA would make something like armor boxes..
you can drag your armor/plates in the box with a little bit more weight (2-3) and equip it in 1 click. I understand your problem..

Point made. It would even work if MA would make something like armor boxes..
you can drag your armor/plates in the box with a little bit more weight (2-3) and equip it in 1 click. I understand your problem..

i can't really see the point of armour boxes, we allready have boxes. How would an armour box be different from a normal box apart from extra weight? :scratch2:

I stil think a group functionality as described above would be best and it would give people the freedom to make their own unique groups.

As a guy with 16 sets of armour and 10 sets of plates I wholeheartedly agree :)

i can't really see the point of armour boxes, we allready have boxes. How would an armour box be different from a normal box apart from extra weight? :scratch2:

I stil think a group functionality as described above would be best and it would give people the freedom to make their own unique groups.

As in, you put all the armor parts into a box and with 1 click on the box it equips all the pieces inside. That way if your armor set is made of mixed pieces of diferent armor you can still equip them easily all at once.

deffinitely!

great idea, send a support case and maybe we will see it in an upcoming VU before it's too late, now would be the best time to submit ideas like these because of the overhauling that is taking place right now, 1 of the many improvements that could be made :)

As in, you put all the armor parts into a box and with 1 click on the box it equips all the pieces inside. That way if your armor set is made of mixed pieces of diferent armor you can still equip them easily all at once.

yeah exactly what i meant with that. ty

absolutely. point about saving number of graphics and load must interest MA too.

the Armour box is a good extension of the idea, uses an existing mechanism to combine the peices together in one place. could provide a decay angle to the process, further encouraging MA. (i know some wouldnt like paying, but this is the reality of how thinga are)

yeah exactly what i meant with that. ty

I guess that's ok for a half way solution but I'd rather have the full fledged solution :D i.e. the idea i mentioned above is more versatile and can be used for other items plus the smaller icon size would be a benefit. Although the armour box icon could also be reduced in size. So not bad in that respect.

Back