Search results

1. BlackHawk

Entropia Universe on Mac

Hello everyone. I was not active in this for a long time. My plan is to use a macbook, once the M3 processors are out. Is there a way to run EU on a mac? I do not know where to put this thread, so I will leave it in the general discussion. I was surprised no one asked this, or if anyone did, I...
  2. BlackHawk

Suggestion: Loot 3.0 ideas

I see you are upset. You obviously hold MA responsible and you consider legal action. Posting stuff on this forum will not help your case. If you are to sue, you better talk with your legal team and if you are allowed, keep us informed. On a forum, at best, you will get some people agree with...
  3. BlackHawk

Invest does not mean profit. Invest means "put capital at risk". Profit may or may not come. The profit can emerge from what you do. If you fail at what you are doing, maybe it is something wrong with the way you do it. It looks like you have a loosing strategy and you complain that the game...
  4. BlackHawk

Help: Petition to make VICEROY tradeable/auctionable

It does not have to be a viable option to pursue. The game has mostly options that are not viable to pursue. It is in the nature of an RCE. Arkadia can make another armor to compete with the other planet. This one was made that way, it should stay that way.
  5. BlackHawk

You fail to see that if this item becomes tradable it will also ruin the market for other armors. Any avatar owning any armor with similar stats would probably not appreciate such a change. The only acceptable trade for this armor is with the trade terminal.
  6. BlackHawk

-1 The armor is part of a design that allows multiple systems to interact, creating a market for the components that allow you to manufacture it. It is a cost you know you will pay before you get it and you are aware of the fact that all you pay as markup is lost forever. This boosts the economy...
  7. BlackHawk

Most people did and most people did it wrong or did not knew how to interpret the data, because most people fail and lose money. I am not saying that if you do it like I said you will do better than them. You will be limited by your budget, your preconceptions and your intellect, as all people...
  8. BlackHawk

I do not know how loot system works. No one knows. If nothing works, maybe hunting is just a bad idea and you should try something else. In my post, I said that you should try different things and stop doing what fails. Use all the options that are available. Since I do not know how the loot...
  9. BlackHawk

Each loses what it can afford. Whatever they do with the loot system, the success or failure will have and exponential effect, resulting in you losing fast or wining consistently. Your purpose should be to understand what you are doing, how the game works and how you can play to break even...
  10. BlackHawk

Yog Pet Buff Issue

I was active at some point. I still have my avatar, but I do not play anymore. I do not have the time to get involved in EU. I enter the game once in a while... I may deposit at some point to have some fun and see how the game works these days. I have no idea at this time how the buffs work and...
  11. BlackHawk

Yog Pet Buff Issue

The law is not as simple as that. The law is that there has to be some quality control for a service you provide. As a customer you have some rights. In EULA is said that the game is provided "as is". The player played it "as is". You can't just enforce arbitrary rules and not face some...
  12. BlackHawk

Imagine everyone have 100% TT returns, would the game survive?

Scaling a project is not easy. The fact that they waste money on things that failed... if those things would have been a success you would have praised them. In order to have success you fail many many times. Failing is part of the success.
  13. BlackHawk

Yog Pet Buff Issue

As a player, all you do is to maximize your efficiency. Is there somewhere in ToS that you can't get more than 30% buff? Is this something a player should know? Why is that? I am not saying they should or could claim ignorance, but it is not my job as a player to know what the upper limit for...
  14. BlackHawk

That is not true. More people means higher server load, more people on support cases, they will need more people to work in just about all departments, so the expenses will go up a lot. Another important aspect is that the bigger the team becomes on a software development, the harder is to...
  15. BlackHawk

The purpose of a company is to make maximum profit. They know exactly how loot should work for that to happen. They have the data. We can only speculate on what may or may not work. If it is not in their interest, they would not do it. For a company, take less money === incompetent management.
  16. BlackHawk

MA is a company. They are in business to make money. As much as they can from whatever they can. You want them to make money from pie in the sky. The system they have works rather well. They will not change it too much, simply because of the old saying. If something works, don't fix it. From...
  17. BlackHawk

Yog Pet Buff Issue

ToS tend not to hold up in court as you may think they will. Remember Runescape trials? If you lose money in a game because of some unfair system or some arbitrary rule, you can sue, whatever the ToS may say. You can claim you were wronged and a good lawyer can make a case out of it. In games...
  18. BlackHawk

Yog Pet Buff Issue

MA is right with this approach. It can and should compensate the people who were wronged. It can not however punish the people who used the pet in the instance. First of all, if you try to ban someone for that, in a court they have a good argument that it is not their job to know if the buff was...
  19. BlackHawk

Hello from MindArk's new Community Relations Manager!

Welcome! Maybe you can make the thing people love to hate into the thing they love to love. Then again, it is not a job for just one man.
  20. BlackHawk

Please take more serious market manipulation

They could learn so many things from Eve...
  21. BlackHawk

Please take more serious market manipulation

As far as I am concerned, anyone can have as many avatars as they want. If the market can be manipulated by 2-3 people with several accounts, the problem is not the number of accounts, but the market size. It is inconvenient when it happens, but it should not be prohibited. Doing that involves...
  22. BlackHawk

Open letter to dev staff and leadership

I would say that if you want to do EU a much better game, they should learn from other games. One of the most complex games out there is Eve Online. It should be mandatory for all MA staff to play Eve and see how other companies handle changes to the game, communication with the playerbase, how...
  23. BlackHawk

Info: Vu17 bugs report

When I open the inventory and try to access the BP section the game crashes.
  24. BlackHawk

Entropia Universe 17.0 Release Notes

Sounds great! The bugs will be fixed eventually. Is expected to have them. The features sound great. Can't wait to get home and test
Back