Search results

1. SparkyJordan

Making a Partner Planet team

The more I think about it, the more fascinated I become by the possibilities... discussions about the subject have sprung up in at least 2 related threads, possibly more. So why not make one specifically for throwing ideas around, maybe see how realistic it might be for a random bunch of EU...
  2. SparkyJordan

If you could have your own partner planet...

Let's say you had the means to start another partner planet company using MA's EU platform... What kind of world would you build? What theme would the planet have? I think it would be fun to hear people's ideas on what they would do. Kind of like "What would you do if you had a million...
  3. SparkyJordan

Selling: Kobold Shins (M) - TT+1

Hey anyone need some male Kobold Shins? I looted one for the first time yesterday, woot! Hey it doesn't take much to make me happy. :laugh: I can't wear 'em so I might as well sell 'em. The condition is actually pretty decent, the condition bar has a bit of green on it. TT value is...
  4. SparkyJordan

Different kinds of fruit and their value

I know with stones (the kind you find on the ground), each has a different price that people are willing to pay because some stones are more valuable than other stones. That's not the same with fruit, right? With fruit, are they all worth the same to people, regardless if it's a papplon or a...
  5. SparkyJordan

Curious hunting behavior

I was following this guy around as a fapper the other day (and if anyone knows Freska, he still owes me 1.46 peds for the decay. He was having connectivity problems and I had to leave... never did add him to my FL, stupid me. No big deal though, it was only my Vivo T1 so low decay.) So anyway...
  6. SparkyJordan

This creature is in a state...

Lately while hunting Berys I've been getting a message stating something like, "This creature is in a state where it cannot be sweated or hunting"... or something like that. This message is usually for when you're trying to sweat or shoot through a fence or something, right? So why is it I'm...
  7. SparkyJordan

Tip for all future disciples

To anyone who wants to sign up with a mentor... add them to your friend list! If your mentor does not suggest this to you, then it is a good time to be suspicious that this person may be "farming" you instead of mentoring you.
  8. SparkyJordan

Tantillion plateau

I've read a couple references to someplace called the "tantillion plateau", but none of the threads (that I found) ever mention where this place is. Reading about someone getting swarmed just isn't the same as being personally swarmed, so I wanna find this place for myself. Where do I go?
  9. SparkyJordan

When limited weapons break

It's my understanding that when at item reaches or falls below 3% it is no longer useable. At the top of the stat listing it will say "Condition Limit: 3%" or something like that. Is this a correct understanding? If so, then I'm confused about something. I have a Breer m1a that yesterday fell...
  10. SparkyJordan

Mob avoidance

In this post Cos1969 said his mentor taught him how to avoid the red dots. Rather than hijack the thread I figured it was best to start a new one in the appropriate forum. So I was wondering, is there some special way to avoid these red dots other than to run wide circles around them? You want...
  11. SparkyJordan

What are those little colored boxes?

Under each user's photo (next to each post) are a set of colored boxes. New users start with one dark green box. I currently have three. A lot of people have light green, yellow and sometimes red boxes... Do these correspond with one's reputation? With their activity level? I stare at these...
  12. SparkyJordan

What does "pocket uber" mean to you?

First of all, before posting I did indeed do several searches and found nothing useful. So don't bug me about searching first before posting! So anyway, I've heard some people use the phrase "pocket uber" before. Someone explained it to me once, but I kinda forgot what exactly they said...
  13. SparkyJordan

Do you have Entropia dreams?

The other day I woke up and realized I had my first EU dream. It's funny in how surreal it was... I was mining on the coast, only I wasn't playing a computer game... I was actually there with real sand under my feet and mining equipment in my hands. And you know who was mining along with me...
  14. SparkyJordan

How my goals have evolved

It's always good to have goals when playing EU, so you don't go wandering about wondering what to do with yourself. My goals are ever evolving as I learn new things or find new interests. Here are some of the goals I've had during my short EU career thus far... When I first heard of EU and...
  15. SparkyJordan

Buying: Lesser TP Chip with EFD

It's not essential for me yet, but at some point I would like to get a lesser TP chip. Considering I am not yet strong enough to face Argos or Drones, I will never loot one of these chips in the near future. Does anyone have a teleport chip they are willing to part with for EFD? If so, how...
  16. SparkyJordan

How did you find Swamp Camp?

I'm just curious how other players found their way to Swamp Camp, considering there is no TP and no obvious path or sign. (And if there is, I never saw them :laugh:) My first day, after seeing what was in PA, I left the city in some random direction, totally no idea where I was going. I had...
  17. SparkyJordan

A sign that I might be sweating too much

The other day I was walking past an IHOP restaurant and it had a sign in the window that said, "Seating time is approximately 10 minutes". At first glance I could've sworn it said "SWEATING time is approximately 10 minutes." Maybe I need to get away from Swamp Camp for a few days. :laugh:
  18. SparkyJordan

Missed shots

Since the most recent VU, I have noticed that more of my shots miss. Perhaps it's in my head, but I don't think so. As I gradually approach maxing out my Opalo and increasing my skills, I should be missing less, right? Someone told me that the first shot more often than not misses when in 3rd...
  19. SparkyJordan

First time mining

Well curiosity got the best of me. I kept wondering if I would like mining so I decided to give it a try today. Got a matter finder, a matter extracter and some probes, then wandered out someplace. Exactly what do you people look for anyway? Flat open plains? Little foliage? Mobs around? Near...
  20. SparkyJordan

Hunting via click or button-pushing

I'm a bit confused. I've been under the assumption that when you click on a mob to shoot it, the outcome is determined by number-crunching your skills, weapon stats, mob stats, etc. It's a bit like turn-based RPGs in that the damage you do and whether you hit or miss is determined by skills...
  21. SparkyJordan

Question: Zooming without a mouse wheel

I play on a laptop (so I can play anywhere I have internet access, wheee!). I have a small basic 2-button mouse I can attach to it, but I never use it because I usually play with the computer on my lap, not on a table. Kinda tricky playing EU with a touchpad, but I've been doing fine so far...
  22. SparkyJordan

Meaning of "TT-processed"

I've been following some of the threads that discuss skill gains and the processes behind them. There are numerous theories, many of which get very technical (and I start to glaze over then). But what I don't quite understand fully is the idea of TT processing. To quote one post, "...algorithm...
  23. SparkyJordan

Style?

On each post, under the poster's username, there's info about that user. It's whatever information that user chooses to share, like gender, location, society, etc. One thing I can't figure out is what "Style" is. It's usually the last item in the list, and whatever the "style" is (for example...
  24. SparkyJordan

Map coordinates feature

Currently you can move your mouse on the map and the coordinates will display at the bottom of the map. I think it would be wonderful if I could input a set of coordinates and a dot would appear on my map. This dot would stay there as long as I have the map open or until I input a different set...
  25. SparkyJordan

Skills involved with running speed

I'm quite the turtle when it comes to in-game group activities. It's been less than a month since I started so I know patience is definitely a real-life skill needed as I gradually gain skills and speed. Which brings me to my question: Is agility the only skill involved with running speed? I...
Back