Tip for all future disciples

SparkyJordan

Dominant
Society
Rising Potential
Zippity Zee Wyvern
To anyone who wants to sign up with a mentor... add them to your friend list! If your mentor does not suggest this to you, then it is a good time to be suspicious that this person may be "farming" you instead of mentoring you.

It happens automatically dear =)

Does it? :ahh: Then what's with alll these people complaining they can't even tell if their mentor is online?

uninformed :scratch2: Honestly not sure, but thats my best guess

Okay, well now I look like a complete :dunce:
Oh well.

Amended tip then...

If you can't tell if you're mentor is online, look in your freaking friend list by hitting J!

Okay, well now I look like a complete :dunce:
Oh well.

Amended tip then...

If you can't tell if you're mentor is online, look in your freaking friend list by hitting J!

I have run into some that have somehow deleted them from their FL, I think that is the most common issue when they can't find their mentor online.

I have run into some that have somehow deleted them from their FL, I think that is the most common issue when they can't find their mentor online.

Ah, in this case, I need to add an addendum to my useless tip...

I recently learned that you can change the display of names in your friend list. Just right-click on the name and select Rename. So for new disciples, right-click on your mentor's name and add "-Mentor" at the end so you can recognize it later. I'm not so great with names myself, so there were several in my friend list that I was looking at and wondering, "Who are these people??" and I deleted them because I had no idea why I added them in the first place. Now when I add someone who serves a functional purpose instead of an actual buddy (for example, someone who buys muscle oil), I label them.

Ah, in this case, I need to add an addendum to my useless tip...

I recently learned that you can change the display of names in your friend list. Just right-click on the name and select Rename. So for new disciples, right-click on your mentor's name and add "-Mentor" at the end so you can recognize it later. I'm not so great with names myself, so there were several in my friend list that I was looking at and wondering, "Who are these people??" and I deleted them because I had no idea why I added them in the first place. Now when I add someone who serves a functional purpose instead of an actual buddy (for example, someone who buys muscle oil), I label them.

That is a good tip. I put a GH in front of everyone in my society so they are all together and easy to find. I put notes behind other people, ore buyers, paint/hide buyer, crafter, pilot, etc. Comes in handy for those that I only meet on a rare occasion.

Back