Search results

1. I

Question: What's actually changed at Athena Spaceport?

Release notes for the latest VU (or maybe the one before that) stated that there were changes at Athena Spaceport. I went there last night, and it isn't at all obvious what those changes are. Any ideas? :scratch2::scratch2:
  2. I

Info: Finding the size of Unknown mining claims

As we all know, the unknown claims are really unknown now - inspecting the deed doesn't help to find any further info. Except that isn't quite true. I found this out today. (I haven't seen anyone else report it.) Inspect the claim and see how long it has left to go; this gives a rough idea of...
  3. I

Question: Any idea what the Archipelago is for?

I am confused, and have been since the Atlantis Archipelago was put into the game. We have a number of small islands, a teleporter and several revival points - but no service centre and no mobs. The latter fact made me go mining there - a small run of 50 probes and 50 bombs. Unfortunately, the...
  4. I

Question: Just curious - question about armoured opponents

When mobs hit you, you get two possible types of critical hits - armour penetration and additional damage. My question is: When getting a critical hit after attacking an armoured opponent (which only happens in PVP), does this still apply or is there only one type of critical against other avatars?
  5. I

Uber: My first uberloot!

Completely unexpected, using OF-103 with 2 enhancers plugged in and no amp. :yay: I burned out my mining tool and had to come back to it, and it took over an hour. :) Incidentally, I'd already had an 84 PED global that run. Lootius smiled on me tonight! :cool:
  6. I

Question: Major changes in argonaut loot drops?

I'm a bit confused right now. This is based on about 4000 kills, BTW - I just completed the 10k iron challenge on these mobs - so it's a reasonable sample Up to about 2 weeks ago, argos used to drop paladin facemasks (both sexes) and knight thighs (only (F) for some reason) with fair...
  7. I

Achievement: Sailor

Got this by driving a boat about 2km. I went for a long trip thinking another one might come up but it didn't. I believe there are similar ones for driving and flying, but I don't have a car or VTOL to check. Does anyone know what you get for driving a hovercraft?
  8. I

Arrival messages not fading

Anyone else had this bug? Some of the time, for me at least, the message that pops up on screen when you arrive at a location (and usually fades after a few seconds) is not going away. It's distracting, and also prevents dragging the health bar off mobs.
  9. I

Mining not possible where it should be

I went out mining today. The first place I tried was east of North Space Base, about 150m away from the TP in a place I used to use quite often. "You can't mine in this place" or words to that effect. OK, try somewhere else. About 150m north of Cape Corinth TP, well past the buildings. Same...
  10. I

Loot from absent items, please!

Quite simple, really. Quite a few loot items (some gnome parts, paladin thighs and no doubt a few others) are currently almost impossible to get hold of and extremely expensive because the things they drop from (beacon missions and calumusoid females, for example) are not currently in game...
  11. I

Help: Suggestions for atrox-hunting equipment?

I would like to ask for suggestions about what equipment to use for hunting atrox. At the moment, my gear is shogun plus 2a plates, and an LR32/A104 combo which is well and truly maxed. I could use the Geotrek AL21. In laser pistols, I could easily use the p5a and might manage the Isis HL6...
  12. I

Achievement: Unlocked Serendipity

Well, after a lot of shooting and quite a lot of burnt-out guns, I finally got laser sniper 30 and unlocked Serendipity. :yay: Proof: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=31380
  13. I

Outpost and TP facilities changes

I find it quite interesting and a bit disturbing that FPC have seen fit to reduce the facilities available at various locations. The most obvious one is that the new Orthos TP area has reduced facilities in the area; no auctioneer, for example. I would like to start a thread for other people to...
  14. I

Question: Port Atlantis teleporters?

I am assuming the Mall has a TP, although I haven't been there since the PA redesign. I know about the Marina TP, obviously. Is there another one, and if there is where is it? Coords would be nice but a description will do. :)
  15. I

Question: Argonaut loot frequencies

I think I now have enough data to be worthwhile. The iron challenge missions are good for something! Argonauts have been one of my favourite mobs, ever since my skills became good enough to hunt them at all. I have killed something like 6000 argonauts (mostly young to scout, absolute maximum of...
  16. I

Info: A tiny tip for teleporting

This might help at Twin Peaks as well; haven't tried it. I wasn't sure where to put this! I fairly often travel from elsewhere on Calypso to Swamp Camp, using PA as a start point. Unfortunately, either a double teleport from PA using the lowest-level chip or (presumably) a single one using the...
  17. I

Finding mission locations

I'm prompted to make this post because I did the Pub Crawl mission this morning. It didn't take me very long because of what I am about to say. In this mission, one of the bars might take you a very long time to find if you haven't set the mission log to tracking the Pub Crawl mission - because...
  18. I

Team hunts - what do you do with big items?

By the way, I have never yet gone on a team hunt - I'm just curious. When hunting, sometimes a major part (and sometimes all) of the loot from a particular mob is in the form of one big item - obviously, the definition of this varies according to the size of the total. Items can obviously not...
  19. I

Some questions about sights and scopes

This post was inspired by my frustration (no doubt shared by many) with continually replacing SIB laser carbines - currently the LR41 which is low-MU, but about to be replaced by the LR48 which isn't (LR48 nearly maxed). My hit and damage skills are approximately 27.8 and 25.8, by the way...
  20. I

Question: A quick texture blueprint question

I often use generic leather and basic leather extractors (both of which have absolutely awful MU) to craft generic leather texture for skilling purposes. I note that this BP has an SIB, starting at profession level 0. What I don't know is what the top of the SIB range is. I haven't reached the...
  21. I

Question: Can I hunt the event mobs?

This question is regarding skills and/or equipment. Eomon and Longtooth are tough mobs, by the look of it, by my standards - but is it feasible or practical for me to hunt either or both of these? The biggest guns I can use are LR41 (rifle) and P5 (pistol) - BLP skills are lower than that...
  22. I

AFK crafting; OK or not?

I'm just wondering what people think about this. I don't usually do long runs except when I have a pile of generic leather lying around (which is quite often!) but it occurs to me that setting the machine running when you're having a shower/tidying the house/vacuuming/cooking is a good idea...
  23. I

HoF: My first HOF!

I've been playing about a year, and am in the middle of the atrox 500 mission. Anyway, one of the beasties gave me this: Click to enlarge Next stop ATH!
  24. I

Achievement: Power Catalyst

Yes, I know it is easier than in the old days of MF. :silly2: Anyway, now that MF attack chips have SIB and I've maxed the chip in the pic, I'm hunting merps for the 1000 Iron Challenge and here's the unlock: Click to enlarge
  25. I

Question: Merp loot - is this typical?

I'm doing the 1000 merp mission at the moment, at the New Switzerland LA (mostly for the agility point). So far, my total number of kills is around 900 - and no items at all in loot other than oils and so on. Trying not to whine, but is this typical?
Back