Search results

1. SamNinja

Virtual Reality Presidential Race Begins - PR Newswire (press release)

I'm not reading all 20 pages of this thread, but here's my take on this: MA has a long history of failures: Banking license idea failed Next Island and Planet Michael failure Chinese VR shopping planet Planet Postmoderna -- Where is it? New planets online with barely any players on them...
  2. SamNinja

EVE Online player loses 7 years of subscription in space battle - Geek

Entropia isn't a "Real Cash Economy" either; it's just a marketing term that sounds good to people who don't understand monetary policy. Once you deposit into the game, you are buying "credits" to perform certain functions within the game. MindArk can at any time shut their doors, and legally...
  3. SamNinja

Problem with Shading

Here are some more pics which better shows the problem; I was able to get the camera to glitch back and forth between two different lighting conditions and took the screenshots below. In this first pic the ground and trees are overexposed and have a neon-like effect, and my avatar and the...
  4. Combibo 3

Combibo 3

5. Combibo 2

Combibo 2

6. SamNinja

Problem with Shading

While running EU on high and using the most recent AMD graphics drivers under Windows 7, I'm having an issue where the ground and other objects are way overexposed and the graphics in the game aren't being shaded properly. The only thing I have turned to low are shadows, and it doesn't make a...
  7. Combibos

Combibos

8. SamNinja

Fed up!

I sincerely reaped so much out of this entire thread. I've gleaned a myriad of information -- more than I expected when I silenced my phone, cleared appointments, and sat down at the computer with a torrid cup of steaming, sensational coffee and spent magnificently precious moments reading...
  9. Shit for Brains

Shit for Brains

10. SamNinja

Cyrene version 2.0

That was the point I made in my earlier post; Calypso has an already small player base -- barely enough to make new players feel like there's much interest in the game. Then, MindArk tries the planet partner idea and the rollout is not the success that MindArk intended on it being (see my...
  11. SamNinja

Cyrene version 2.0

Let's break down your argument: A concept is an idea. You're saying that the idea is "solid". How exactly is the planet partners idea "solid" when most of the planets are empty and are outright failures? If you were at a board meeting and at the head of the table, attempting to convince 10...
  12. SamNinja

Cyrene version 2.0

Let's see: Planet Michael: Failure to launch Chinese planet: Failure to launch Next Island: Total failure Planet Postmoderna: Still waiting ROCKtropia: Empty/failure Toulan: Empty Space: Mostly empty Arkadia: Barely enough players to garner widespread interest Planet Calypso: More of a success...
  13. SamNinja

Cyrene version 2.0

It looks like Cyrene is a total failure, but MA will keep it open for however long necessary as a PR move. There are so many barren and deserted failed planets that I can't see any future planet partners signing on. MA's planets concept is pretty much a total failure, as it was a bad idea to...
  14. SamNinja

Groundhog Day: The Life and Times of a Bored EU Player

I've been taking an Entropia break, primarily because I'm not in Windows all that often anymore. From time to time I'll login to EU to keep my account from getting purged and shoot a couple mobs. After about 5 minutes or less, I get extremely bored and antsy and close the game out. Here are my...
  15. SamNinja

MA employee avatar name list

To the OP, I think you're very disruptive to this forum, are not a contributor in any manner, and here we have 24 pages of pure unproductive bullshit that achieved absolutely nothing. Every time I think PCF is getting better, I'm flat out wrong.
  16. SamNinja

Reducing account inactivity emails - what does MA/PP need to do?

I don't think MA needs to do anything. MindArk has only a small base of employees, and makes a substantial profit off their development efforts. There were a few years where many categories on the interim reports were in the red, but that was related to the financial crisis which all businesses...
  17. SamNinja

CryEngine will fully support Linux, will we get a Linux client?

I would like to be able to run Entropia natively in Linux, which means I want MA to offer a Linux version. The Windows platform is slowly dying as people are moving in droves to smartphones and tablets (and no, I'm not talking about the Microsoft Surface), so MA needs to have a roadmap for the...
  18. SamNinja

2014... Failure...

This whole thread is just completely stupid. I cant believe what some people actually spend their time on.
  19. SamNinja

Dear MA...this game has finally become unplayable for me.

This is true, and is one of the reasons why 2014 will probably look better than 2013 and 2012. You can read about it here: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/semi-annual-report-jan-jun-2013.9518/
  20. SamNinja

Quite simply, because they can. It's their code, and they can do with it what they choose. I agree with you, but MA has always been a really obstinate and quiet company where customer service is not a strong point. They really aren't a company that founded an online game because one or more...
  21. SamNinja

I think your view is really naive. In the world of capitalism, if you don't like a product or service, or how that product or service functions, you vote it out of the market by not paying for it. If the company gets the message, and is receptive to even receiving it, they will subsequently...
  22. SamNinja

I've seen it time and again, where people will throw a temper tantrum on the forum about issues X, Y, and Z, yet they continue playing and depositing. This is known as: "saber-rattling", and it certainly isn't the most efficient method to achieve the desired outcome. Yes, in a game where...
  23. SamNinja

Time to stop using automated features in development?

Maybe they paid with sugar cubes, which appeared out of thin air. :)
  24. SamNinja

another ath

:scratch2:
Back