Search results

1. Squiglet

Help needed: East island radar mission

Hi, I'm running the East island radar mission. I got to the radar but when I click on it nothing happens - what do I need to do to fix the damn thing?
  2. Squiglet

Help: ATI Radeon graphics driver version

I just updated my graphics driver to the Catalyst v9.12 to run a game that I got at christmas, unfortunately this seems to have mussed up the apperance of EU/PC. Particularly the textures on avatars and clothing. I've fiddled with the ingame settings but can't get any improvement and I've...
  3. Squiglet

A use for bodyguard armour?

So I've decided to do some serious Argo hunting, mainly to source Iron stone as a material to craft with. The problem is I don't own any armour that would be idealy suitable to hunt the critters. I'm aiming to hit the young-scouts outside of Twin, as in the past this has seemed the most...
  4. Squiglet

Magical Dissapearing Reappearing Shades

Found a funny little bug with the free Grunidir (sp?) shades. If you set your camera to be underwater looking up at your own face through the surface of the water the shades dissappear. Set your camera in the correct position as you swim (so it passes in and out of the water as you take a...
  5. Squiglet

EU reading wrong OS

I'm running XP 64 but the client loader says I have 2k :confused: EU crashes almost immediately after I press the Launch button before anything else happens. I assume the two events are related. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated
  6. Squiglet

Banks to offer mortage style lones

Following on from my writing other thread about banks offering current and saving accounts I got to thinking how the lending system could be improved so it actually advantaged players and helped the EU economy. As I understand the current system is that the coustomer gives the bank an item in...
  7. Squiglet

Banks to offer current/saving accounts

Well we have banks now, or pawn shops as they are generally known. In reality banks do more than just loan their money to others for exaubitant intrest rates, they also take our money from us (to look after) and pay a pittance in intrest. Wouldn't it be nice if the banks in game could do...
  8. Squiglet

Sweating experiment: Does the Mob type or maturity affect the chance of success at sweating?

Sweating experiment: Does the Mob type or maturity affect the chance of success at sweating? Outline: Although I am not an experienced sweater I have on occasions made to observation that it appears to be easier to gain a successful sweat pull from some mob types than others, particularly in...
  9. Squiglet

Squiglet's 2nd HoF

En-rout back from a short Argo hunt and running low on ammo I decided to kill off a few of the Molisks in my path, and I am very happy with the decision. My second ever Hall of Fame loot, this on got to number 26: The thing is I was just thinking of depositing around 600 peds, guess I...
  10. Squiglet

Got so far with Cassandra decode, but now stuck again...

So I did some analysis of the Cassandra code and I seem to have got some promicing results but I am now stuck, frustrated and in need of help or atleast a wall to bounce ideas off of. This is what I have so far... First I drew up a complete table of the guardians in order and next to each name...
  11. Squiglet

Penguins... the truth revealed

Browsing through some posts this morning I noticed that JimmyB has changed his avatar's title to 'no... more... penguins' which reminded me that I hadn't yet shared my theory about the nefarious plot of these seemingly fluffy flightless birds. Now most pass this off as one of my pretend, joke...
  12. Squiglet

Offering Mentorship to new Players

I'm offering mentoring to new players. My only requirements are that they are in the UK/European timezone (GMT +/- 2), and speak good enough English for us to communicate effectively. I have been playing for almost 2 years now and am an active member of this forum as well as a regular player...
  13. Squiglet

Mob protection types

I've glanced through the last 20 or so pages of this forum and this idea dosn't seem to have come up before, and search didn't give any useful results, but it is such an obvious one I'd be surprised if someone hasn't concieved of it before. We have mobs that do different damage types but all...
  14. Squiglet

possibly a stupid question...

I've seen that shoulder and groin gards have been looted/made recently, do these replace harness and thigh guards or can they be worn in addition to existing armour parts? addendum: partly answered my own question: shoulder gards cannot be worn with a harness thanks to YourMom for her post on...
  15. Squiglet

VU8.12 has been good to me so far :)

So I'm bored, can't get onto EU so I thought I'd post my globals from VU8.12 so far... The first was picked up running to the new TPs a nice maxie stake with chips ;) It all went quiet for a little while I scanned the miner bots until Dinni, a fellow Dreamweaver, convinced me that I should...
  16. Squiglet

Cheap skilling: mech, elec, comp, perception etc

I have a new hobby; I call it scan the miner bot. It is a really nice way to skill up some useful skills used in crafting and mining such as mechanics, electronics, computer and perception. Actually scanning any type of bot will give you these skills but all other bots have quite hight agro...
  17. Squiglet

Second skill unlock :)

Well my recent run of goodness has continued: Trying out my new armour on Amatheria I picked up RDA :)
  18. Squiglet

Guess globals are like busses

You wait ages for one then 3 come along at once. So after my very nice HoF yesterday I decided to buy the Ghost set I've been eyeing up for a while. Ran out today to test it out and I guess it did some good for me because these sweeties came along. I like this globie-a-day business, hope...
  19. Squiglet

Squig's first HoF and its Uber!

Well these past few months I've been complaining to anyone who would listen about not getting any globals and loot being generally bad. Returns were well below 50% for a long long time and nothing I tried seemed to change my luck. To help me through dry spells like this I set little in game...
  20. Squiglet

Tripped out globie

Well this has been a long time comming, it ends a 7 month drought of globals. I just hope it won't be another 7 months before my next one!
  21. Squiglet

Connection lost at random intervals.

This is really getting annoying; I get a few minutes play then the "connection to Entropia Universe has been lost" message appears. I press Esc to exit game and the program hangs, I have to CntAltDel to task manager and close the program (which is listed as not responding) from there. I have...
  22. Squiglet

Returning after short absence...

So in case anyone remembers me and wonders where I have been for the last couple of months; I've returned to the UK from Hungary, this meant about a month without gaming computer as it was being shipped then the best part of a month before I got the internet sorted out for the new house and it...
  23. Squiglet

Uber HoFs not appearing on the Home page

Just a quick note about something that I just noticed... When I reply to a thread in the main Hall of Fame section the thread jumps to the top of the list of most reacently replied to threads on the home page. However, I just replied to the thread about Bruud's ATH (Big Gratz etc.), which was...
  24. Squiglet

Globie just in time

Well this one was a long time comming, and actually a little embarrasing! I've been hunting alot recently, mostly armax with some berry, argos and big daikiba mixed in for flavour. For weeks I have been globieless, hunting bigger and bigger prey in the hope of getting that one nice loot but...
  25. Squiglet

Views on the EU from the EU

Several posts in a previous off topic thread ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14857 ) mention peoples views about the EU (European Union). This conversation was threatening to take the thread off topic (off topic in an off topic thread, that would just be silly :)...
Back