Search results

1. T

Pets - Where to find Experience and TT-value

These questions resurface, so I figured it best to create an easy to find thread to explain how to get these values. When your pet is spawned, the UI displays its Level and its XP, where the latter is only a progress indicator towards next level. These indicators are just calculated display...
  2. T

How could you resist this face?

Surely you can not resist such a cutie face! It's attached to the following body Imagine having this little cutie follow you around on Calypso. While hunting. While healing. While mining! But that's not all! Check out all these features! I have, or will get for you, Pet Bristlehog's for...
  3. T

Pet Math - Regeneration, time, cost and Experience gain

The data was collected with a Bristlehog with 100% Affection and Mood. This is important, as lower Mood results in less Experience gain. In fact, I have observed a pet in a really bad mood gain no Experience at all over time. I have not verified whether or not Affection also affects Experience...
  4. T

Pet Math - Cost of tricks and experience gain

Please note updates at end of post. The data was collected with a Bristlehog with 100% Affection and Mood, and 99%-100% Focus. This is important to know, as at lower Focus/Affection/Mood levels the pet gains less experience for the tricks performed, while the cost remains constant. F.ex. at 30%...
  5. T

Pet Math - Level vs. Experience

I am confident I have finally nailed the formula used to convert between pet level and pet experience for the Bristlehog (Puny). It was a quite tedious and time consuming excercise, with many hundreds of samples and more hours than I care to think of attempting curve fitting. Internally...
  6. T

"Beauty" menu choice for FL?

If you right click someone on your FL, you currently get a "Beauty" choice at the bottom, where you can apparently both decrease and increase the Brush Size (of what? the avatar?). How bugs like this can slip through is a testament to the maintainability of the system.
  7. T

Tool window rects, and auction "malfunction" annoyance for dead (L) items.

Requests: - Stop asking "Do you want to sell? The item has Tier x.y" for dead (L) items you try to sell to the TT. - Stop the rect of the expanded "window" of e.g "TRACKED MISSIONS" conceal all other UI elements when minimized to a caption bar. - Stop the window of e.g. "TRACKED MISSIONS"...
  8. T

Cheaper deposit alternative?

I'd hope all MA customers by now know they lose a minimum of 3.5% (to DIBS) if they deposit using card. For us in sweden, there's generally no fee at all involved when doing a bank deposit (something you should always prefer), but I have seen suggestions (nothing validated) there may be...
  9. T

Expired auctions presentation

Currently, when you put something on auction and it does not sell, you are still presented with "<auctioned thing> (Sold)", i.e. explicitly stating it was sold. Only on "drilling-down" into that notification do you see there were no bids, therefore it simply couldn't have been sold. I consider...
  10. T

I have seen God, and he was on on Toulan!

Well, maybe not, but at least I think it's a statue of The Prophet Achmet, or Mohammed or Kim Ill Sung or whatever deity you believe in. :)
  11. T

6 million USD by CLD's - where is the advertisement, and the new customers?

Sorry if this issue already have a thread. If so, please merge. But the thing is, Calypso (via MA) got 6 million USD (which in most books is a shitload of money) to advertise Planet Calypso (exclusively) from the sale of the CLD's. But when I look back on CLD payouts, I see a steady decline in...
  12. T

Request for LA indicator, and removal of redundant notification.

There really is no point in having the dialog (that requires dismissal) stating "You have now left <blah>". There really is no point in the other warning either (you have entered and LA, x% of your loot will go to the LA owner). Would it work by simply making this another warning indicator...
  13. T

Question: "Settings" broken?

The site seems responsive enough, reading and posting, but the "Settings" page isn't loading for me, at all. After a minute I gave up and retried (hoping for a packet lost), but still not working.
  14. T

Shop owner getting personal details on sale?

Some time ago it was revealed (on PCF, by a customer of Mindark) that shop owners get a message telling them who bough (and most likely what). At the time I voiced my conern that is is an invasion to my right for privacy. Hell, if I buy something in a shop I might even consider it to be more...
  15. T

Daily tokens

Just to see how much of a ripoff this was, I did the daily 1 hunting, and got the privilege to kill 50 Kerberos. The only spawn I found was very sparse, and had ~80% Young, the rest Mature. Kill-cost of young varied widly, from as little as 29 to perhaps 35 PEC. Mature cost perhaps 45-50-ish...
  16. T

Newcomer rig closed?

Bored, I visited the "noob rig". Suddenly someone went postal. Asking around I got Quote: "King Matty and Alfonso killed everyone" So 2 avatars felt they got enlarged organs by killing avatars without any means to defend themselves? Good job! Your mothers (both of them) must be proud of you...
  17. T

Congratulations to "smokeitup"

He managed to shoot me down in space, while I traveled back from FOMA to Calypso after delivering a "taxi ride". Nothing odd with that, that's what "pirates" do. What he however this time got from me might have been a surprise! Usually, I carry one nova frag (both dung and sweat have more MU)...
  18. T

Auction bougt items immediately put into your inventory

Has this change been communicated? I just noticed that when I was at auction, bought something, it immediately entered my inventory. Not complaining, but it surprised the hell out of me as I expected the more tedious and time-consuming version.
  19. T

Ammo-loot bug explained?

The only way I can explain the current amounts of ammo in loot on even larger mobs is that MA forgot they multiplied ammo by 100 back in... VU10 was it? That would imply we get 1% of what we should get back in ammo. Plausible?
  20. T

Congratulations, new owner of tier 3 EP-41 SGA

That gun is something else. I missed it the second it was gone from my inventory - even that I can't properly use it at my noobish level. May you HoF and ATH fat with her. She deserves it. Basically: Be true to her, and treat her well. Chances are she'll return the favor.
  21. T

Selling: Manufacture Weapons Skill Implant

39.78 PED tt. SB 2600 (6536%), BO is 3500 (8798%). 24h without another bid means you got it. Increments only even 100 PED. PM or in-thread. Curr bid: SOLD
  22. T

PCF game

IF EU was non-buggy...
  23. T

Google (maps) dislike EU

I just got the following "dialog": "Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. See the Terms of Service for more information: http://www.google.com/help/terms_maps.html."
  24. T

PCF Game: Best thing you can say about MindArk

What is the best thing you can honestly say about MindArk. No need to keep it to one sentence, but it has to be coherent. One single post per participants. Alt's will be fried. 711 is disqualified as he gets paid. Moderators can not post as mods - only as avatars. MindArk employees are not...
  25. T

Image format limitations (PNG not allowed)

I can't understand why PNG images are not allowed. I was just forced to convert a properly compressed 25KiB PNG image to a 99KiB JPG just to upload it (and include in a post). Why on earth would anyone mandate a 4-fold increase in image size, with reduced image quality? Granted, the...
Back