Search results

1. J

How many lines of activity (profs?) do we have now and preferences for the future?

I've tried to put together a list of activities that people can busy themselves with in the current game, and would like to know people's preferences, maybe with time percentages/ other thoughts in the comments. Should skill requirements be expanded out further, do people think, and how should...
  2. J

Directional wishes for MA to consider under UE5

Hi folks, while the pathways that MA devs are building are not yet set in stone, I'd like to discuss various considerations for UE5 development that I'd like / we'd like implemented. What do you all think? Please informally 'vote' on your # preferences and add your own with a short explanation...
  3. J

"Consensus Analysis" forum options

Hi folks, with the coming of completely new content and features in the future, and presumably great uncertainty about what is and what isn't true, I'd like to ask here about forum structures that sort out relative consensus - where there is quite a lot of it and where there is little. I don't...
  4. J

The ebb and flow of UE5 tokens during TWEN

Hi all, I'm at the point where the drop pattern of UE5 tokens over the last 3 weeks is somewhat unlikely to have stayed constant for the game as a whole. But, I may still just have been unlucky in not having seen one for the last seven days, so my question is: Are other regular players getting...
  5. J

What is currently broken; what is fixed?

In EU, new becomes old, with both players and devs mostly moving on, especially, it seems, if something stops working or goes out of fashion for 'whatever reason'. Maybe it could help if we have a thread with short info on what is currently not working, both to highlight issues and as a help to...
  6. J

Gold rush rules problematics (Arkadia)

Without wanting to waste too much time with !"§$%&/: the new gold rush is open for a month and claims - "Total score will be calculated based on total accumulated score." That statment is quite frankly sloppiness of one of the highest orders I can think of. BASED ON? WTF is that supposed to...
  7. J

Loot lag getting worse on NI (anyone else?)

Hi, despite the maintenance a few hours ago I'm experiencing increased loot lag on NI. Yesterday it was of a few seconds on half the mobs, now it just managed a dropout of about 2 mins when I could also not spawn a vehicle, for example. I got the loots in normal form after the short wait, so not...
  8. J

Suggestion: Give us portable turrets...

I was just thinking for a couple of seconds what a great idea it would be to have portable turrets. The number of times I have wanted to abort a kill or have had to run miles to water with an unwanted and angry but slightly slower mob in tow are countless. What a saving it would be to dispatch a...
  9. J

Fun, but ironic quiz: Do you know what the EU topic was from past MA quotes?

In trying to flip around a bit of frustration I thought I'd start a little quiz. Where did the following MA statement come from? Please DO NOT directly post the answer, but add on a snippit from before or after, or be the first to mention when Bertha picked up on the news. (No prizes, just ...
  10. J

Massive WTF on shares fee changes!

I've just been going through my transaction history and there has been another change to the calculations when selling shares! This seems to have been unannounced at around the end of March. Previously, you added a sales order and in a separate line a fee was charged. If shares sold, there were...
  11. J

The problem of balanced restriction (better known as caps)

In the last few days I've had this image in my mind of a franchise for a coffee shop chain in which the franchise sets ludicrous limits on its operators. Customers go in and discover that things on the menu boards are capped and the number of tables is severely limited. If they want a certain...
  12. J

Dare I start a thread on transparency?

Well, I guess I do, thank you for clicking on it. My issue is this: since the recent vu with the massive bp problems I've been spending a bit of time trying to work out what has been going wrong, making notes to self about certain avatars selling on the auction house, etc. One of the problems...
  13. J

How does the Auction House and this forum deal with sales of sets?

Hi, we often have land areas, shops and spaceships on sale at auction where I am unclear as to what is included. The warp-capable quads, for example, need a warp drive attached, and these are essential to the functioning. When on auction, is this drive automatically part of the deal or must the...
  14. J

Ark Moon Hazard clothing mission chain bugged

Hiya, as I've only received a blah blah reply from support on passing it on to dev (polite, but still, you know...) I'm asking here if anyone else has missing missions in the 1- to 7-day list to get the hazard clothing for later missions? I've done the ones I can (and they still show up, but...
  15. J

Opinions on small things MA could do for us following AMA answers

Following the long AMA session with very many questions, a lot of things look like they will take time to make it to being focussed on. However, there have been various suggestions about really quite small additions or tweaks that could be added in very little time if they were to be signed...
  16. J

Jetsina - question2 - the future of plots

The current plot development appears to have reached a dead end. It could be that you want us to build what is available now before you allow us the next step, but as things look so dead as they are, people are not willing to do so. It would be nice to know what is stopping progress from...
  17. J

Jetsina - question1 - fort-style events

Some years ago fort events were quite popular but had a few issues which slowly caused people to stop taking part - and thus stopped them from even being organised as there was a booking fee. This was then a downward spiral, as seems to be a common problem for introduced content. Since then...
  18. J

So, what 'should' loot 2.1,2.2...3.0 look like?

Ok, serious question about what players think a balance should be like between MA and different player groups, but with a bit of a twist. My angle is - what is it that should allow some players to do better than others? A: knowledge of the 'open' systems - what mobs drop what, where to mine for...
  19. J

Help: Only accessing some of EU = logged off after 1 min or so

Hi, one of my computers is on a different router now, and Internet connection is fine except for EU. For about 5 out of 6 attempts to login I cannot access my messages, storage, the AH, crafting etc, and after about 1 min I get logged out by the system. While I am logged in I can tp, see current...
  20. J

Spreading out too thinly (to extinction?) and limited availabilities

Hi folks, I've been thinking about the way MA introduces stuff again and again that seems to end up as a dead end (or a place that only has room for a couple of players). It affects whole professions and goes right down to individual places. Harvesting, for example, was introduced quite a...
  21. J

My feature changes suggestions for ComPet

Hi devs/community, 1: a wider range of attack cards, some of which limited to, say, use after round 15 or so. These could be made better than other options, but you need to survive long enough to be able to use them, and they limit your attacks early in the battle if you select one or more. 2...
  22. J

Peds flows or ped drains?

Overall positive bit first! : I have quite enjoyed discovering ComPet beta so far. But: a lot of the moving up has been a test of how fast I can move my mouse to certain places and click and move - over and over again! Then there is the peds element. I think I saw an MA comment somewhere that...
  23. J

The ECONOMICS of the tp fee + jobs proposal

Yes, I KNOW it is another thread, but it is such a big subject and I want this thread to look at an economics aspect! It occurs to me that the tp fee + jobs proposal is like the introduction of a guaranteed basic income. It is not quite unconditional as in the UBI in that it requires 30 mins of...
  24. J

ComPet beta: what MA needs to tell us...

Ok, as we have more waiting time again and time pressures for beta to run smootly - what should MA be telling us and we be telling them? Firstly, I'd like to know what questions you consider essential, that should be clarified before closed beta begins. Mine, in approx. order of importance are...
  25. J

Shop with/via peds

It seems so long ago, but I think I remember that when the shop was new it was said that in a future update we'd be able to buy things in the shop with peds. It hasn't happened, and it may be that is because MA wants us to deposit for shop-bought stuff. So, I put in a support case which...
Back