Search results

1. L

Maintenance/downtime

Tools (Armor Advisor, Weapon Compare)? Mirror site? Hi krogfan, Thanks so much for getting the site back up! Your private message quota is exceeded so I could not PM you here on PCF. Question: have you ever had the tools working, such as Armor Adviser (a key one for me personally, to...
  2. L

The inventory calculator (incredible new tool) [Now abandoned]

I miss my invcalc! I loved the inventory MU calculator, but (like the rest of EntropiaBay) it seems to be down this month after the recent "Attack Site" warnings and problems. Will it become available again, or is there an alternative way to find the nuggets of MU hiding in my inventory...
  3. L

Help: Stuck on Privateer

It has been two weeks since the last "stuck" report in this thread. Any more recent problems or announcements of things being fixed? Having spent a couple of days in limbo previously, I'm still hesitant to head out in a privateer until I get the all clear. tyvm.
  4. L

Today I revived on the Starfinder instead of getting a repeated error like yesterday. EDIT - things are still not working right for me, however. Privateer is still giving odd "All passengers are not on the guest list" messages upon login, even after the patch overnight. Now I can't exit the...
  5. L

Sigh, infinite-death-loop trying to revive on privateer near Zeus station, rescue to Calypso for me pretty please? Thanks Professor Latha Serevi
  6. L

Defender Plating of the Sand King

I looted a piece of this new plating from the Sand King: Defender Plating of the Sand King UL, full TT is 65 ped 35 Acid Protection 4750 Durability No other protections It's on the auctioneer, 3 day auction, no buyout, if you want to have a look at its info. Not to be confused with Guardian...
  7. L

No Loot Sand King (again)

I'm waiting for Kim to get permission and spawn three Sand Kings in a row, as a special case, to pay us back for the no-looters, restore confidence, and let us see a couple of good items drop. I'll be there.
  8. L

FYI: Mothership at your disposal

Ship's log, 2011-11-03. Last night I piloted Kronan an hour's travel east of Calypso, repair crew aboard, with the goal of skilling Spacecraft Pilot as fast as possible and taking measurements. We visited Graveyard Fields for 90 minutes (medium density of horrors up to Guardian, in a 500m...
  9. L

Question: Hunting drones on a budget?

Good suggestions so far! I went one smaller than the popular 3B plates for baby drones, putting 2B's on my Thunderbird(L) that I had already. Ooh, aah, 15.96 dmg/pec. ;) For a super-eco armor setup tailored to grinding a particular mob, my rule of thumb is, small armor, really small...
  10. L

FYI: Space hunt, repair skilling & transport service

FYI, Vehicle repair using the RK-5 is the most cost-efficient way for a new crafter to skill-up valuable Engineering, Electronics, and Mechanics skills, as well as giving buckets of skills in Vehicle Repairing and Vehicle Technology that are only useful for repair. The main challenge is finding...
  11. L

The Little pilot screwed???

MA can simply treat logout as "death in space" and follow their own release notes for 12.0.0: "Death in Space -- If you die in space you will be revived at the nearest valid revive terminal, which can be on a space station or a mothership. Note that if you are still on the guest list of the...
  12. L

Thrusters - What?

I've seen Space Thruster Light (L) on auction with 0.09 and 0.08 ped TT remaining. This leads me to conjecture that they decay at about 0.01 per trip, and would give around 9 uses, rather than just one, making the people bidding over 100 ped for them not as terribly unwise as I thought. Can...
  13. L

How does a mothership make money?

I'm imagining the mothership as an aircraft carrier: the slow-moving center of a constellation of smaller fighters. Bear in mind that you can't repair your VTOL or Quad-Wing in space -- you must land it someplace where you can get out and equip your RK-5. The mothership could theoretically...
  14. L

Question: Can I get into space without a thruster?

If you hang out at Twins, people offer rides up to the space station frequently for about 20 PED. Once there, you can spawn your stock VTOL and fly around all of outer space. Woo, pretty! Professor Latha Serevi
  15. L

Anyone tried travelling between planets?

I can't find the way off of Crystal Palace into the hangar and outer space, even though it's the way I came in. None of the big metal doors seem to operate. Two other people mentioned the method of using the teleporter to go to the "other" CP that has only the space station listed, and exiting...
  16. L

Aniara Mothership- Name of Class Etymology

The wiki page for Martinson's 1956 poem, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniara , mentions the ancient Greek ἀνιαρός, "sad, despairing", as Martinson's etymological source. I hadn't thought to look it up when I read Vernor Vinge's book A Fire Upon The Deep, in which a space fleet left homeless by...
  17. L

Obvious things it took you ages to notice

--> If you spawn your VTOL, get in, and switch to the back seat, you can go AFK in an aggro area without danger or PED cost due to vehicle idling. I find myself doing this many times a day. --> If you spawn a vehicle, fill its inventory, and "recall all vehicles", you can send items to...
  18. L

Teaming: plain simple non-adjusted Damage Share Loot?

Yes, I participate in lots of NBK hunts, where we carefully share out globals/hofs equally and are pretty careful about all using the same setup. It's a more tightly controlled format than I prefer, hence this discussion. NBK likes me just fine, thanks, perhaps because I'm a helpful teammate...
  19. L

Teaming: plain simple non-adjusted Damage Share Loot?

I'd like to be part of some teams that skip the whole process of dividing up large single loots. Instead, we would just set up the team as Damage Share Loot and let the chips fall where they may. If you get a loot, you keep it. Yes, it's more of a gamble. It's still what I would choose. Of...
Back