Search results

1. Kri

flying faster in space with a quad

I wild guess but there may be a bug in EU/CryEngine similar to Quake's Strafe Jumping. An overview can be found on Wikipedia here with mathematical explanation why it works here. Or it may be something as simple as Speed hacking (manipulating your PC's clock/network packets sent to the game)...
  2. Kri

Warp mined for the first time!

Note that there are two things that help preventing from being pulled out of warp: 1. Better Warp Drives (II-IV) 2. Captain profession (works like Dodge in space :cool: )
  3. Kri

Space Mobs location?

At a quick glance they seem good, just keep in mind that space has three dimensions and the mobs may be "higher" or "lower" than you -- as in you may be at correct X and Y coords but you need to tweak with Z axis. They are usually at the same Z coords as planet space stations. Note that some...
  4. Kri

Is it against TOS to play someone elses avitar?

MA will not provide any support when it comes to account security to person who shared their account details with someone else. But using someone's else account or sharing the credentials is not against ToU/EULA AFAIK.
  5. Kri

The Limited Debate

Make durability of L weapons few times higher - making them last longer. At the same time to balance it out, increase ammo consumption. The result? Same eco per shot but MU of weapon would make less of an impact on the hunter as the total cost of ownership of that gun would be mostly in ammo burn.
  6. Kri

The Limited Debate

Looking at what MA did with Motherships and Privateers is an interesting idea. The hull of these ships is UL but it is useless on its own, you need Energy Source (L), Sub-Warp Drive (L), Armaments (L) and Warp Drive (L) - note currently only Warp Drive decays with use but I'm sure the rest will...
  7. Kri

The Limited Debate

Limited items have no value? It's like saying your loot has no value... With gear being UL only and when Limited items would not exist that's exactly what would happen in long run in EU. Why? Because everyone at certain stage would get the UL gear they want and there would be no need for...
  8. Kri

Playing Entropia Universe with the Oculus Rift

Keep in mind that until (hopefully) you'll get used to the nausea caused by the headset your gaming sessions with the Oculus Rift will be 10-20min. Initially your brain is not used to getting confusing information from your eyes and the inner ear. Eyes are telling it that you are moving, but...
  9. Kri

Playing Entropia Universe with the Oculus Rift

I actually prefer much lower Zoom value (40-50%) so that I can see most of the UI elements without moving them to the center of the screen. Hunting is fun, but try flying around in Sleipnir or driving around - IT ***** ROCKS! :D
  10. Kri

More Space discussion

Magyar, I meant no disrespect to you, I did not know who wrote the content on PC site but I enjoyed reading it. Nothing you wrote is wrong, it's just that with current perception on pirates attracting more players to be pirates is, well, questionable. I don't want to get suck into discussion...
  11. Kri

More Space discussion

--Mod's note (JohnCapital)-- These posts started as an off topic debate in another thread, so in order to preserve the original thread topic, plus not lose this one, I've moved it into it's own thread. --/Mod's note (JohnCapital)-- Piracy is one of the professions now advertised by...
  12. Kri

Question about using a second account

There's one case where MA explicitly allows and agrees for one person to have two accounts - if that person is a director of a registered company and the second avatar represents that company.
  13. Kri

Do we want more caves in the game ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the next step for MA would be to sell instance LA, just like recently the Moon. Come one, come all, design your own instance!
  14. Kri

Titans of Space Starfleet - KOS list

Hush Sakuba! Don't spoil my honey pot :D
  15. Kri

Major estate announcement

It's all part of PR strategy :cool: Need one of them tin foil hats too! (that's a great idea for a freebie on 1st Apr hint hint, wink wink)
  16. Kri

Info: The Comprehensive History of Calypso

Try The Way Back Machine :) http://web.archive.org/web/20120310154426/http://stavepetty.com/historycalypso.html
  17. Kri

Another Session of SPce Flaming and B*@ching !

In order to make an upgrade to 500k SI financially feasible I would expect such a ship to generate around 800-1000 PED profit a week at least. Because I would get as much if I would invest same amount in CLDs. Simple.* Now ask yourself... What would make any ship bring so much profit (after...
  18. Kri

Why isn't MA strict when it comes to banning players?

Yep, this is tested and confirmed :wtg: When Bismarck was out of commission because of a 'stuck in warp' bug I decided to lend my privateer to Sakuba until Bismarck got fixed so that he could continue with scheduled flights (I couldn't do them myself because of RL commitments).
  19. Kri

Funny thing is as excited I was when I visited a mothership for the first time the thing that made me pause for a while and ponder was the pool table... Oh I wish EU had more mini-games.
  20. Kri

Using multiple accounts for malicious purposes is a big problem. Fixing the auction prices etc are another possibility. However, it is not possible for a while now to have someone else owning and operating a ship and a different person to hold the deed to that ship. Before you trade the ship...
  21. Kri

Fyi. I just wanted to clarify this with support from a different angle...
  22. Kri

Motherships have also snooker/pool table and there is/was a golf course on Calypso too... They are all assumptions.
  23. Kri

Can we stick to the facts please? not some wild fantasies?
  24. Kri

Gravity and Constants

The laser guns having recoil in EU may have nothing to do with the actual laser shooting out of the gun but rather the energy released from Weapon Cell to produce the laser beam. There may be some volatile chemical reaction that causes a small combustion etc etc. At least that's how I...
  25. Kri

Thanks for the idea JohnySnake!!!

And guess who these 20 unicorn riding, rainbow shooting hate bears will report in their support tickets?
Back