Search results

1. M

What is the demographic of the EU Playerbase?

Long, long ago, I joined the EU community after watching my youngest brother, Captain Spaulding, play. I started, as I assume most all do, sweating. In those days, there was what I believe was an old battleground with these scattered old machines or vehicles,, a couple of which were stuck...
  2. M

Loyal Player Acknowledgement

As an old guy, and a long time player, while its not our due, it would be a very nice show of appreciation and loyalty. Thanks, Rose, for the suggestion.
  3. M

Entropia Universe 15.18.0 Release Notes

I don't know if its been mentioned previously, but, it occurs to me that the dropping change means that you can't hide your loot in pvp anymore. When mining, I used to find a place to stash my loot so that, if I got killed, I wouldn't lose my stuff. I just had to tp in, grab my shit, and tp back...
  4. M

Items in inventory/storage don't display properly

You da man! I changed my graphics quality like you said and it was cured. It was a pain in the butt to realign all the armor, guns, etc. back to their proper places. But, now, all is right with the world. About that shadings folder, does it run well without it? What's it's function? Thank you...
  5. M

Items in inventory/storage don't display properly

For the last couple days some or all in areas of my storage and/or inventory are not displaying properly. Rather than the usual icons for the different items, I get the right icon on a black background. If the icon should appear in a single "cell", it now is centered in a 2x2 black square...
  6. M

Need help finding a graphics card

Just an update. I got a gtx 1030 as recommended, popped in the machine, updated the driver, and, praise Lootius, I can play with everything on high with hardly any noticeable lag. Thanks again to all who contributed to the discussion.
  7. M

I'd like to thank everyone who responded on this thread. Everyone took me seriously and gave sound, practical advice. I think I have more than enough info to make a decision that will improve the quality of my EU experience. It won't help my gameplay but it should make my ped drain be a little...
  8. M

See original post for a better description of my setup. The real, physical problem I have is that my lone pcie slot is at the top of the available openings in the case. All of the gtx 1050 cards and all but one of the 1030 that are "low" profile require two openings in the case. There is one...
  9. M

That seems to be a very good suggestion. Unfortunately, all I have available is a single pci slot. The way the motherboard is, only one opening at the back of the box is available, also. I hope I'm saying that right. That card appears to need two openings. What do you think about something like...
  10. M

Be gentle with me, it's my first post. My ava is Morgan Gekko. I started playing in 2006. Over the years, I've played Entropia on medium settings at first and then on low as the game has advanced beyond the capabilities of whatever computer I was using at the time. I'm playing on low now...
  11. M

Complete Resource Gathering guide

One thing that you neglected to mention, and I just posted it on another thread, is that the target is actually only on one side of the tree, the south side. Maybe its a different side on other planets, but on Arkadia its the south side. If you try to cut most anywhere else on the circumference...
  12. M

Harvesting tip: dealing with "Failed to move within interaction range"

Although you can see it through the tree, the glowing target is really only on one side...the south side. If you try to cut the tree almost anywhere else on the circumference you will get the "failure to move within interaction range" message. Once you are aware of where the target is on these...
  13. M

Complete Resource Gathering guide

A really nice job. Well done!
  14. M

Question: Anyone having a sound problem ?

I'm on Ark. I get intermittent sound...usually very faint, at best. It's been like this since the update, the patch did nothing to make it better. I get orchestral music at login, then it usually just stops.
  15. M

number of forums

It would be a nice gesture on the part of the individual forums if they would have a prominent, dedicated spot providing links to the other forums. When you leave one to go to another you could just browse or, if you chose to participate in a discussion, log in...your choice. I mainly look at...
  16. M

Public Notice regarding EFA ship Bismarck

Gratz to both Ravenjade and Sakuba. While you'll be missed in the game, Sakuba, you know you could not have found anyone of better reputation than Raven to do this deal with. I'm sure she'll maintain the quality of service for which you've been known. Good luck to you both! :yay:
  17. M

Question: How would you Define Kill Stealing?

Back in my noobier days, if I was out mining or hunting and came across someone surrounded by mobs, I assumed that that player was in distress, fighting for his/her life. Being a nice guy, wanting to help out, I'd fire off a couple rounds to draw one or two mobs to give the guy some breathing...
  18. M

Changes to Mirath Fatal Shot (L) ?

I looted a ton of those Mirath Sure Shot rifles. They were all low tt, but usable. I use them as a tagger so its no big deal. Now, after the update/patch, every single one of them is broken, the tt being below the usable limit. :mad:
  19. M

Radio Arkadia Launch Date Revealed

Checked it out last night. Archman's done an awesome job decorating his apartment. Don't know if he did it just for the launch party or not, but it is the bomb. You gotta see it! Can't wait for the party!
  20. M

Positive feedback on the latest changes.

As a result of this latest update, I'm spending more time with my family.
  21. M

Happy Birthday Sammy Fishsticks:

A belated happy birthday, Ms Fish! Sorry I wasn't able to join in the party. I was thinkin' about you, though.:birthday:
  22. M

Radio Arkadia Road Trip 2013 - all invited

I believe Lone Star would be considered an import up there. :D
  23. M

Internal error An internal database or software system error has occurred.

I've had, generally, the same problem as the OP and starting at about the same time. In his post he says he used a prepaid card. In my case, I was using a card which you can "reload". I had been using this card for all my deposits into the game. It is/was the only thing I use this card for. I...
  24. M

Entropia Fleet Alliance (EFA) -- Affordable, Fast and Secure Space Travel

No response.........that says something.
Back