¤-¤ WoF FRANCE '08 ¤-¤

i answered kygon pm, we agree on 21H saturday :)

hi all,

Just to inform that i'm in week end and i've forgot to take my gold card!!!
So i won't be able to log on until monday evening!!!

I'm really sorry and wish you good luck for the last match
:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Team France,

I need to know your time slot for the Semi Final match against England.

Please note there is a new time slot: 10:00 am Sunday 25th.

The existing time-slots ( 12:00, 18:00, 22:00 Saturday) still stand.

Matches Confirmed:

Tibet Vs Romania: 18:00 Saturday

Sweden Vs Finland: 10:00 Sunday.

Hurrikane

(apologies if you've told me, I can't find it:))

Hi Team France,

I need to know your time slot for the Semi Final match against England.

Please note there is a new time slot: 10:00 am Sunday 25th.

The existing time-slots ( 12:00, 18:00, 22:00 Saturday) still stand.

France can we please get negotiations moving regarding our match time...only two days away from the semis now!

England would like to offer France a choice of the following (MA) times for our semi-final WoF match:

Saturday May 24th:

12:00 Midday

or

22:00

Please respond as soon as possible so that we can organise our EU and irl plans around this fixture.

There is now less than 24 hours until our first Match Slot Time preference and still no word from France.

I have lodged an official complaint with Hurrikane as France's failure to respond to my pm's and postings asking for agreement on a match time is severely hampering our preparations.

Hi,

i look on private forum
Its 22h saturday

Isn't Helena (our captain) your socmate ? if you can't get in touch with her ig, i don't think it will be easier throw pm.

I agree we are a bit late on this one but i can't see how this is disturbing your preparations that much, round will still last 3h, mobs are known...

Btw saturday 22.00 seems to be the best for most of us but i can't confirm as i am not the captain.

I agree we are a bit late on this one but i can't see how this is disturbing your preparations that much, round will still last 3h, mobs are known...
Apart from people have to re-arrange real life around the French not communicating an agreed start time sooner. Potentially, there could be less that 24 hours to go before the start, if you were to suddenly choose the 12:00 slot. :rolleyes:

Isn't Helena (our captain) your socmate ? if you can't get in touch with her ig, i don't think it will be easier throw pm.

Btw saturday 22.00 seems to be the best for most of us but i can't confirm as i am not the captain.

Exactly...Helena is in the same society as me but she couldn't be bothered to discuss this when I logged in late last night nor reply to my pm or forum posts in the France public thread.

It really isn't on to use these tactics because that is what they are for sure.

All it has done has turned everyone in our squad against France now.

You having a laugh aren't you? I've personally changed real life plans to try to make it for 2200 tomorrow and I find out with less than 36 hours to go that you lot still haven't confirmed the timing yet.

So now what do I do? Do I have to tell my kids that I might not be able to take them out tomorrow afternoon because of this or do I just have to accept that I won't be able to participate if you decide at the last minute that you might have a few more players around in the afternoon rather than at night?

I've also turned down an offer to play cards tomorrow evening because of this (less important than telling my kids that they can't go out but nonetheless still very annoying).

Edit -----> I might go out and buy a big new gun with a stonking great amp just for tomorrow's match now if I'm able to take part....

Shame on you France.

Bob

Last edited:
Hi,

i look on private forum
Its 22h saturday

Nono I shall work on the assumption that this is your time preference and England accepts this time.

I'll pm Hurrikane and copy on to Helena.

If this is a tactic, it's not going to work. No matter *when*the match is, France is going to lose.

We need a rule about scheduling next year...this is deplorable, inconsiderate, and downright rude.

Merde or get off the pot!

Or, they could just surrender...;)

Hiya,

I'll be there at 22:00.

Regards
Amber

P.S. Bob might want to go get his big gun and stonkin amp,,,,,,,,,, he's gonna need it....................lol.

You having a laugh aren't you? I've personally changed real life plans to try to make it for 2200 tomorrow and I find out with less than 36 hours to go that you lot still haven't confirmed the timing yet.

So now what do I do? Do I have to tell my kids that I might not be able to take them out tomorrow afternoon because of this or do I just have to accept that I won't be able to participate if you decide at the last minute that you might have a few more players around in the afternoon rather than at night?

I've also turned down an offer to play cards tomorrow evening because of this (less important than telling my kids that they can't go out but nonetheless still very annoying).

Edit -----> I might go out and buy a big new gun with a stonking great amp just for tomorrow's match now if I'm able to take part....

Shame on you France.

Bob

+ rep for you! I was in exactly the same boat. All sorted now - and ready to give the French the spanking they deserve after that display of poor sportsmanship!

SMILE3.gif

squad.jpg

Unlucky France.

Last edited:
Hard luck France, we got the better of you today but I know you fought hard for your country and I respect you for that, despite the bit of 'gamesmanship' earlier (that I'm now prepared to forgive and forget) ;)

Best of luck in next year's WoF!

WHEW!!!!

The Off-World Semi's didn't go without a hitch; we had teams crashing, splitting, fragmenting all over. Next year there will NOT be a 2-location Space round!:)

The Actual scores rely on the Screenshots you all send in. ALL of your screenshots ASAP would be nice.

The positions seem clear enough; but if in the chaos the scores were different enough to change the outcomes, I need to know.

So, if your Team is happy that it has either Progressed or Been Eliminated, let me know. If you think our scores are wildly out, let me know.

And if you have any objection to the following results, LET ME KNOW!:)

The Finalists:

SWEDEN

ROMANIA

ENGLAND

The WoF 2008 FINAL

is upon us... the thread will be up in few minutes.

Hurrikane

P.S. I thought 12 Hof's from the Tibetan and Romanian Main Teams was impressive enough... then Sweden go and get 14 Daspletor HoFs in 3 hours!

Back