1,025,000 Peds spent on latest 6 LA's

trance said:
is this so difficult?

if you dont like a reseller, dont buy items there, dont hunt on this aera ... :D

Isn't it even easier than that? I personally don't see anything wrong with somebody legitimately buying a piece of land only to attempt to sell it straight on again -- blame the idiots who have nothing to do with the bids and then go pay the inflated prices.

It's easy money, but there's risk involved -- I really don't see the problem. Stuff like this goes on IRL all the fricken time and nobody says a thing about it.

Frigid said:
The conspiracists (is that even a word?) might say there was an attemped DOS (denial-of-service) attack on MA servers to prevent re-bidding. ;) Auto-clickers on the refresh buttons?

Not a problem, "happened" when TI was sold. The deed past the expiration date lots of times and MA just added 10-15 minutes to the time. ;)

Edit: Note that I have no idea if MA would actually manipulate auctions like that again, though. :cool:

Last edited:
thoreau said:
It isn't a game. Right now, it's virtual land speculation.

:confused:

No, it is a game :)
There is nothing of even the slightest legal or material value that could be asessed and speculated upon. Just an avatar with a 0 US$ worth of sprite in inventory.

But again maybe from a very liberal point of view I could agree with you provided:

1) You really think you can get US $1 for 10 PED
2) You believe this will be constant $ - PED ratio ;)

I.

Epictetus said:
Grats to the winners

*Sighs, puts hands in empty pockets and shuffles down the road, trying to suppress the dream of EU land ownership as a tumbleweed blows past.

Virtual *pat, pat* on the back...I hear you... ;)

wow :eek: just wow... :loco: :drool: ...... :eek:

i guess those are ok prices.

the lands are almost completely raw at the moment of buying. many times there is a wrong maturity, or even worse, a wrong mob on the land. and some mobs earn you more money then others. also some cost more to create and maintain then others. (say, compare atrox dna to formicacida or ambuli)

Konve said:
Not a problem, "happened" when TI was sold. The deed past the expiration date lots of times and MA just added 10-15 minutes to the time. ;)

Edit: Note that I have no idea if MA would actually manipulate auctions like that again, though. :cool:

They would probably do so only in specific circumstances such as something the scale of TI/CND (i.e. Big big thing) rather than for normal LA's.

Also I think the problem was slightly different this time - it was simply severe lag (and affected the rest of EU for a short period too) whereas with TI the system literally broke down in front of us :D

I do wish MA would deal with the issue better though as even just idling over I see (or hear about) the entire world locking up fairly regularly.
Symptoms include: unable to loot, auction not refreshing, inventory not working (can't stack, can't move items, sometimes can't equip) and so on.

- Deathifier

They should make it so you can only refresh ending auctions once every 30 seconds AND put a refresh button on individual items (but with a lesser time limit eg. 10 seconds). The result would be significantly reduced auction lag from autoclickers :)

jsm said:
They should make it so you can only refresh ending auctions once every 30 seconds AND put a refresh button on individual items (but with a lesser time limit eg. 10 seconds). The result would be significantly reduced auction lag from autoclickers :)

Or that you can only browse auctions with bids higher then 10k peds if you have minimum 10k peds on your PED-card. ;)

/Kjetil :cool:

well i don't get it why ppl attack resellers in such a savage manner.
i don't like them either, having to pay inflated prices for stuff that sold for 10-50% 1 year ago.
but its not like they steal or anything, nor do they scam.

so whats the problem with everyone else?

why don't you buy before the reseller and not from the reselller?

if you don't like the prices don't buy at all!

why spend a million ped on a stupid virtual crap when you can buy a nice Ferrari F430? Or buy land on the Moon ;)

The choice is completely yours.

P.S. most of the bad comments are made by ppl who don't have much cash anyway.

Buzzi said:
well i don't get it why ppl attack resellers in such a savage manner.
i don't like them either, having to pay inflated prices for stuff that sold for 10-50% 1 year ago.
but its not like they steal or anything, nor do they scam.

so whats the problem with everyone else?

why don't you buy before the reseller and not from the reselller?

if you don't like the prices don't buy at all!

why spend a million ped on a stupid virtual crap when you can buy a nice Ferrari F430? Or buy land on the Moon ;)

The choice is completely yours.

P.S. most of the bad comments are made by ppl who don't have much cash anyway.

You make profit when you invest, you lose value when you get an accident on a ferrari.

Akoz said:
Several ppl got carried away..
You can't blaim a man for trying.. :)

OL 29 will be put to good use. don't you worry about that ;)
As for "stealing money from other players" I'd put selling duped items from beta period higher up on the list. (I'm not accusing you as a person though)

Dont think a lot of them are around - so far i know only female black coats are more or less popular in this case :) Heard rummors about mod faps (i mean i heard they dont drop cause a lot of them was dupped in pregold) - but its litle bit hard for me to believe MA isnt so stupid, anyway I wasnt there in pregold :laugh:

So i think it mostly dreams (like - oh damn - if i was there in pregold i ... ) or rummors (like - i heard some player have 100 imk2 and 100 mod faps in storage).

Igorl said:
:confused:
There is nothing of even the slightest legal or material value that could be asessed and speculated upon.

Some courts have ruled that players own the improvements to their ingame character but not the avatar itself.

So, you have a right to any improvements made to your character. MA allows for this by allowing you to sell your skills.

Aside for that, something does not need to be tangible to be speculated on. People speculate (bet) on the outcome of a sporting event. While the event may be tangible. The outcome isn't. You can't touch a 1-0 win.

Back