1 Mining Tip Each

Extract your finds :laugh:

Extract your finds :laugh:

That's good advice, kind of links in with don't mine when drunk :laugh:

Try just dropping 1 bomb at each tp on CND, going to do something else for a while and then repeating it a while later - you'll be surprised how many claims can be found within feet of the tps :ahh:

Try just dropping 1 bomb at each tp on CND, going to do something else for a while and then repeating it a while later - you'll be surprised how many claims can be found within feet of the tps :ahh:

Good Advice! That's how I got my first Tower :D

Also, double bombing on CND is useless.

I definitely di this

A socmate of mine once told me to double-bomb whenever I hit a claim. (Even if you dont get any skillgains). Was a bit skeptical at first, but have gotten up to five claims by quintuple-bombing the same spot. ;)

Works for both ores and enmatts to my knowledge.

I use NRF for tracking and mapping my claims. I always bomb more than once in an area. When I hit a claim I keep dropping until I get a No Resource Found message. I have hit spots with 3 ore and 3 enmatter claims within my drop radius.

ath as often as possible :yay:

When hitting big claims inside pvp 3 or 4, do not post on EF before extracting and getting the hell out

(personal experience)

Unless you have a good friend with good PK skill and gears :) Extra Globals :)

A socmate of mine once told me to double-bomb whenever I hit a claim. (Even if you dont get any skillgains). Was a bit skeptical at first, but have gotten up to five claims by quintuple-bombing the same spot. ;)

Works for both ores and enmatts to my knowledge.

Yep...I have found 6 II and III crude oil deposits by reprobing the same spot.

Here is my tip:

If you can afford it, hold on to your found resources until you can fill an order or make an auction. Regardless of what the resellers tell you, selling at -5 or -6% on market value does NOT make up for the auction fees with decent amounts.

And yes, that is from personal experience :p

-Piano

If you globals don't dig up the claim, finish you run and come back to dig it up, unless you are in a dangerous area, PVP3&4 or area with big mobs you can not kill.

Unless you can handle robots un-armoured, carry some armour with you (even if not worn) so when/if you find a ship you can kill the bots and loot it.

Try to keep track of visual clues when your resource claims change.

Usually means you have just exited one field and entered another. Taking a visual record will help you learn the field boundaries and keep you from dropping bombs in a lyst/oil field when you really want to be in a Nik/Azur field.

Especially on CND and certainly on Calypso, every mining skill gain equals a calim...learn to read the signs.

Brought to you by the self appointed president of The Preservation For Skill Gain Theory and The United Church of Skillgainism in association with Temple of Calypso The Holy Mother :cool:

Avoid taking tip's and advice of other miners as the gospel. ;)

Listen, digest it, try it, add it to what you already know, then find out your own method of what works for you. :D

Drop your bombs and probes in whatever pattern and with whatever time intervals you want to - your result will be the same in the end. It's just a matter of "how stable" your return will be. Like if you craft on full condition you will get a bad result until you hit a bigger one - evening out your return. A lot of missed bombs just mean you will find something bigger or several in a row to even out.

Use more than 1 finder.

My last tower was found at 200 meters depth with of105 ...droped a bomb with tk220 b4 hit the big one and was nrf ;)

If you want to profit long term, don't use AmPs! :D

If you get a spaceship, and are too puny to kill the bots. Stay out of attack range of the bots and get the button in line of sight. Drag a target bar off the button and click it so you run into a straight line to the button and activate it as soon as possible. Chances are you will get it before dieing.

if double bombing alot and hitting veins remember to extract all the claims.. and sometimes check if uve left any claims hanging around.. personal experience

If you start dropping in a well thought-out and calculated pattern, don't be afraid to abandon it and go to a different area if you're coming up dry.

Bombs & probes shouldn't be wasted on an area where the last ten of each have all turned up NRF.

Au contraire, is better than on planet.

Maybe for the Ubers. :bowdown: I haven't had it work for me yet, but I will try it again and see what happens. Thanks for the reassurance.

dont bother with clusters, veins, spiral theories- carpet bombing is the key :p

:cussing:If mining is going poorly, don't be too stubborn/proud/stupid to change areas.

Personal experience here :cussing:

Use more than 1 finder.

My last tower was found at 200 meters depth with of105 ...droped a bomb with tk220 b4 hit the big one and was nrf ;)

interesting, I always wondered if this was true... Personally I think it's pretty lame that the uberest of finders can't even find a claim 6 inches under the grass...

My tip:

102 amps are typically the best to use on a consistent basis. They can turn a nice HoF into a super uber one and you get 98 bombs till they die Plus on a bad run they won't send you to the poor house

Great thread. Usefull, + earns you some nice EFD's.

For low level miners who want to spend minimal peds (like me), enmatter is king. In matter you will get mostly lyst (being the lowest level matter) with almost no markup. In enmatter you will get mostly nexus or oil. If you know where nexus is, you get 135-140 markup usually. Even more if you make ME.

TIP: Any claim is a good claim.
Corollary: The only bad claim is a NRF
Even lyst will pay for the drop. Stop whining and keep dropping.

Super Tip...

Bombing scorch marks still exist :eek:

pay attention to the ground around where you're mining... at the seams where the land segments meet you'll sometimes see a half scorch mark there. These only appear if someone has bombed in that area recently.

If you see a place with a lot of those marks around odds are someone has been there recently so be frugal with your bombing. If you don't get anything for a few bombs tp somewhere else.

Surprising none said it yet..

Mine/drill in a high % ores/enmatter area :)

interesting, I always wondered if this was true... Personally I think it's pretty lame that the uberest of finders can't even find a claim 6 inches under the grass...

My tip:

102 amps are typically the best to use on a consistent basis. They can turn a nice HoF into a super uber one and you get 98 bombs till they die Plus on a bad run they won't send you to the poor house

yeah u never know what uve missed coz using too good finder.. my tk220 has hit 470m at lowest.. so i guess its around 470-1km what it finds from but ofcourse the average depth is around 780m and these under 600 and 1km finds are pretty "rare" 1 or 2 per run

OK, one more tip from me...

for when mining in the pvp areas and you don't have uber gear...

Make sure you have your armor hot keyed so you can quickly remove it. Next, get two or three exo's or diaks to chase you while you're mining, should you come across a green dot. As soon as you see it pull off all your armor and hide in a rock or tree so the mobs can kill you before the other person get in range. If the mob kills you you can't be looted and you'll be tp'd to the safe area.

The same tactic can be used if you're in the middle of a pvp zone with a lot of ores. Instead of tping two or three times to get out of the area simply have a mob kill you and you'll tp right out of the pvp zone.

Back