Info: 1 Year playing bring the cost of 10 000$

eSoul

Prowler
Elle eSoul Beast
Hello all,

After I came back in March of 2020 my total deposits till today were 137k peds, I bought some items but the total value of them were not more then 37k total, so I wonder where are my peds?
Do you guys think there is really a fair distribution of the loot?
Are the returns what they try to sell to us?
Do you think we should be paying 10 000$ to play a game that is full of bugs and the devs do not listen the players?
I reported a bug about the decay of finders not beeing visible at more then 6 months ago, was closed without any future resolution!

index.php

Regards

eSoul

1. no (seems clear, if 3 ppl say i spent 1k usd per month to game and some dont and some can catch MU and buy better gears .... definitely it is not fair, ther e are diferences 100%
2. no iif we think to the message "make money gaming".... yes on average (MA said average return... if i eat twice and you starve..... statistically we both had 1 meal)
3. stripping away the "bug" problem... i think that 1k usd to game is a big amount and should not hapen. for someone can be pennies.

These war stories are very far from my EU experience.....

can you explain what is the game style that you used to incur in such large losses? L13 amps indoor mining? (L) armor and (L) big plates to kill a 80 level mob at level 20?
or just kill level 5 mob over and over?

Well, I'm just an occasional player and did some Mayhem grinding again.
It came down to spending (losing) around 5~10$ per hour. And I'm just a low roller.

And to be honest, I think spending 10$ per hour is totally ridiculous for what you get.
No story line, no nothing.

Each time I keep trying again, and each try to the same lame result.
Jay! I gained some skills. But lost another 100$. Was it worth it? No!!!
The only carrot we have is to ever get that HOF. But some never will.

And that's the name of the game. Addiction.
The more you lose, the more you think you will make your loss back, the more you lose.
And yes, this game is built for players to lose, I know and accept that. But the rate with which that happens is just insane.
Unless you only sweat and shoot small exo's.
But I guess life is to short to waste your time on that.

Ah well, still we do it all voluntarily. Aren't we a bunch of retards...

1. no (seems clear, if 3 ppl say i spent 1k usd per month to game and some dont and some can catch MU and buy better gears .... definitely it is not fair, ther e are diferences 100%
2. no iif we think to the message "make money gaming".... yes on average (MA said average return... if i eat twice and you starve..... statistically we both had 1 meal)
3. stripping away the "bug" problem... i think that 1k usd to game is a big amount and should not hapen. for someone can be pennies.

These war stories are very far from my EU experience.....

can you explain what is the game style that you used to incur in such large losses? L13 amps indoor mining? (L) armor and (L) big plates to kill a 80 level mob at level 20?
or just kill level 5 mob over and over?

My friend I never used L13 amps in my entropia life and I even got an ATH mining indoor, my main amp is lvl5 but most of time I mine unamped.
I dont hunt big mobs unless a friend with imp fap is online and I pay just the decay, all the other mobs are for daily missions...

Do you think we should be paying 10 000$ to play a game that is full of bugs and the devs do not listen the players?

Personally, no, but people have different budgets for gaming.

If you're not a 'high roller' on the crafting, hunting or mining scene - then the only other explanation I can think of is that you play for many, many hours, so potentially you've had your value out of it.

Even if that's not the case, the deposit and spending are completely voluntary so I don't see the problem. The only caveat is that Entropia does have an addictive element to it that can be extremely damaging to people who are vulnerable to it. If you feel yourself getting drawn in too far, best leave it alone for a while.

Like Niklas my deposits are poor in comparison to what the avatars above have deposited. All I can say is that you must play flat out for long hours at the very top of your game. I noticed that Elle's favourite mob is OSSEO on EL, these are not cheap to kill. I manage to play 4-5 hours each week day and 10-12 hours at weekends. However I have some decent UL weapons and I generally hunt to obtain mats to craft, As my crafting stats are not that high I only need basic ingredients that I farm from low to mid level mobs. This allows me to craft up to lvl 50 Armatrix weapons and ap-30 plates. Generally I can sell these and other items for a small profit. This allows me to rake back some of the missing returns from the 90-95% claimed by MA. All I can say is that I don't play at the top of my game but as I have progressed and learnt more about the game, I am much more carful of how I spend my peds. I know other players who complain that they spent 10,000 ped doing high level mobs with nothing to show for it, hoping to hit a fat one. I have no interest in hitting a fat one but I am interested in seasonal requirements of other payers as well as seasonal drops. Example, during robot invasions such as now, I know I can farm the robot materials for specific items. Sometimes I need to hold these in storage for a few months before crafting with them to create items I can sell (for a small profit), this is the magic "bankroll" which all the proper UBERS refer to. Time and time again the best players in the game cite bankroll as a fundamental principle for achieving success in the game. That is not to say I don't have fun. Most weekends I will join in the big events in game or shoot some very big mobs in team with other soc members, but this is an exception and normally I play within my bankroll and at a much lower hunting level than I am capable of. To me success in this game is limiting losses not making a profit.

I would definitely not buy a 37k item with a TT value of 50-100, but it seems there are still people who have faith.

The game offers a long time return on each investment, at the same time basis changes every two months to fuck every investor. The only positive comments are from those who are trying to sell something to get rid of this vicious cycle.

I think you got my answer on the topic.

Like Niklas my deposits are poor in comparison to what the avatars above have deposited. All I can say is that you must play flat out for long hours at the very top of your game. I noticed that Elle's favourite mob is OSSEO on EL, these are not cheap to kill. I manage to play 4-5 hours each week day and 10-12 hours at weekends. However I have some decent UL weapons and I generally hunt to obtain mats to craft, As my crafting stats are not that high I only need basic ingredients that I farm from low to mid level mobs. This allows me to craft up to lvl 50 Armatrix weapons and ap-30 plates. Generally I can sell these and other items for a small profit. This allows me to rake back some of the missing returns from the 90-95% claimed by MA. All I can say is that I don't play at the top of my game but as I have progressed and learnt more about the game, I am much more carful of how I spend my peds. I know other players who complain that they spent 10,000 ped doing high level mobs with nothing to show for it, hoping to hit a fat one. I have no interest in hitting a fat one but I am interested in seasonal requirements of other payers as well as seasonal drops. Example, during robot invasions such as now, I know I can farm the robot materials for specific items. Sometimes I need to hold these in storage for a few months before crafting with them to create items I can sell (for a small profit), this is the magic "bankroll" which all the proper UBERS refer to. Time and time again the best players in the game cite bankroll as a fundamental principle for achieving success in the game. That is not to say I don't have fun. Most weekends I will join in the big events in game or shoot some very big mobs in team with other soc members, but this is an exception and normally I play within my bankroll and at a much lower hunting level than I am capable of. To me success in this game is limiting losses not making a profit.

About Osseos I hunt them with bear and thori helmet, with FEN rocket and they never touch me! do you think they are expensive to hunt? If I have to kill one that respawn on me I will use Sparkbite ELM with trauma 6 and delta amp and resto 11.

they are as cheap as any other mob with same hp that never touch me, and about the rocket MA needs to fix when the projectile just cross the mob that makes me loose peds and I dont see them worried in fix it! when I change from heal tool to rocket the first shot spend ammo and never gives damage to mob Please Mindark I want all those peds back because of the bugs you refuse to fix!

Who cares about UI we want you to fix the bugs not a new UI!

10k$ in a year is nothing. Think of lost opportunities, precious time you will never get back. I learned that in my free time I should spend my time doing things that bring me joy, relaxation, fun, make me smile.

EU is not fun anymore. I have not logged in 15 motnhs, don't even care if they delete my account, sold everything that had any value and withdrawed the money.

I am 15 months strong.

I returned to active play last year and have spent a sizeable amount on gear and at times just having fun but wasting a lot of PED in the process. I sort of understood if I wanted to get back to where I was when I was on hiatus for school I would probably need to invest some time and money to do so. Along the way there have been ups and downs for sure but its always been like that for me even going back to 2004.

These are just my observations of EU as it is today.
  • There is a lot of competition for the resources available in all professions which makes PED card management its own "game" in a way.
  • They've taken some of the nuance of crafting by implementing high risk VS reward crafting elements with things like Explosive Projectile crafting. There are still opportunities in crafting but harder to come by.
  • There are always going to be bugs and the Dev team is what it is. They are motivated by things outside of what normal players see and sometimes things they would like to fix aren't the low hanging fruit they are being directed to fix or implement.
  • What I see a lot of is the use of bots and exploits to monopolize resources and "smurf" skills and items. This makes fair competition more difficult IMHO for average players.
  • Mark up is the game we all play now. If you aren't paying attention to MU then it will cost and you can lose PED quickly. I've been down that path more than I like to admit. I know MA doesn't want people to sign off but in reality I've become more conscious of Risk VS Reward and when things just aren't working out I sign off rather than continue losing PED in hopes things will turn around.
  • Codex, Mayhem, and mission rewards will cost. They can lead you down paths with paltry mark up so really weigh the fun factor there.
  • MA is here to make money. I used to look forward to VUs back in the day while at the same time dreading them because they would adjust things that usually meant a PED stream for me would either be harder to achieve or go away. That is part of the game and it's about adapting to change.
Now to answer your questions:

Loot is what it is. They have to keep that carrot on a stick to keep people improving their avatars. So there will always be something unfair about loot distribution and I don't think that will ever change its part of every MMO in some respect. Some people will never loot that epic widget while others stumble upon them easily.
Are the returns what they try to sell to us?
I think they are a selling point or hook but its up to the player to find ways to bring their game above whatever % they are routinely getting. The game mechanics are the opportunity but its never consistent enough to rely on them short term. Long term plans are more of a necessity these days.
I don't think the costs should be that exorbitant but no one is forcing me to pay what I pay and in terms of an investment I can always cut my losses and withdraw if I so chose in EU, in other games not so much. While the RCE is EU's niche I think it hampers quick Dev actions and hotfixes for fear it might cost them or players in some way. There are a lot of moving pieces with EU in general and a lot of things to consider from the Dev and the players standpoints.

Last edited:
10k$ in a year is nothing. Think of lost opportunities, precious time you will never get back. I learned that in my free time I should spend my time doing things that bring me joy, relaxation, fun, make me smile.

EU is not fun anymore. I have not logged in 15 motnhs, don't even care if they delete my account, sold everything that had any value and withdrawed the money.

I am 15 months strong.

Lmao, do you go pick up cigarettes at the store and walk around to all the people smoking saying 'LOOK I DON'T NEED THIS! I'M STILL HERE BUT I'M FREE I TELL YOU!'

I have invested more then that amount, and I am experiencing same loss. It's all gambling addiction, hoping the system will help you get back to that magic 90%, but it never happens.

For people talking about efficiency in this thread, let me tell you something, owner of 2.0 weapon is happy only two times in life:

1) When he buys 2.0 weapon
2) When he sells 2.0 weapon

:)

This is an interesting point you bring up here, we are expecting to play in a loot 2.0 meta where return are more consistant and supposedly above 90% tt return.

Many other entropians will share having the same experience as you do. Myself included. (I even posted about it on forum last year. This thread is closed now upon my request.)
In a result to constant daily loss, i took a break. Questioned myself about how entropia universe evolved into, i was forced to change the way i played. Tested things, Changed gear and eventually became a full time Limited user with minimal markup.
I can't say my situation has become acceptable in term of daily loss as sometimes it cost above 60$ for 2-3h of entertainement, in some case a 10-30$ positive, i havent solved my deposit to quick loss issues so i put a brake on depositing untill the game shows me what i am looking for.
Concerning the devs, they have definitely improved the communication and seems to care alot more about the players idea/proposal and balance request.

I don't expect it to be fairly balanced but rather have the extreme low and extreme high in term of win/loss spectrum.
What is missing is most hunt is a decent payback, they are rarely generated for some players, nothing for days, weeks or even months.
I understand as everyone here that you wont play for free, in most situation you play to recover some ped devise back actually.

But thank you for bringing this subject up, by hoping we will see the win/loss spectrum adjusted.

I would suggest not using rockets if you keep missing your targets with them - why waste peds when you know it will happen ?
Something doesnt work ? switch to something that does work
I have cycled close to 20 million peds hunting the last 2 years and dont have your issue.
And im not using efficiency gear.

I would suggest not using rockets if you keep missing your targets with them - why waste peds when you know it will happen ?
Something doesnt work ? switch to something that does work
I have cycled close to 20 million peds hunting the last 2 years and dont have your issue.
And im not using efficiency gear.

Well its the only way to tier it up to become even better for pvp,
and the FEN one is 10% more eco then the others

Well its the only way to tier it up to become even better for pvp,
and the FEN one is 10% more eco then the others
I see, but maybe use a different weapon after heal and then switch to rocket - use an order in witch you dont have missed shots.
I think mindark mentioned in one of their loot 2.0 updates that missed rocket shots are not returned in loot.

Back