100% Safe Flights

Just wondered, which group of whiners, the pro-piracy whiners, or the anti-piracy whiners or just both :D

Well, mainly I meant the people who equate mutually agreeing to enter a pvp situation with stealing and even mention the real life police. In my personal opinion (!) these people are insane. However, if there are whiners on the pvp side: Loot'em all!

:smash:

Last edited:
This is why I think people are debating this subject. at the moment it is only mutual in the fact that there is no aternative . If people want to go to another planet thus supporting the universe then they must travel. Can u imagine the bad advertisement for this game if multiple planet partners failed... It would be the beginning of the end imo.

Thats a distinct possibility with continued lack of real world advertisement or if there was NO way to travel safely.

Ps who mentioned police? I want to read :p

Ahh I did read that. I was hoping for some juicy flaming

I am amazed how some whine and cry about Pirates and PVP.
Face it - those are game mechanics. You can like it or not, it makes no difference. They are still mechanics of EU.

Many of you forget that idea behind separate Planets is to have own playerbase on every of this Planets. Travelers are surely welcome, but each PP wants to have stable playerbase and build economy on it. That is why there are no Interplanetary TPs. That is why there is lootable PVP inbetween Planets.

Since many of you reason somethings by comparing to RL: if you travel IRL, going for holidays or shortterm job in other country - do you take all your belongings with you all the time or just necessary items and buy/leave rest?
Same in Eu - if you wanna carry all loot from one Planet to another, you would need to pay extra for that transport. And this is where upgraded, 'warped' and manned Motherships and Privateers come into picture.

If some RL country is flooded by cheap products from abroad, undercutting local prices and in result destroying economy of that country, in a interest of this country should be imposed embargo to limit/stop that flow of underpriced items.

I see need for protecting Calypso's economy.

I'm neither Pirate, Pilot nor Reseller. I speak from perspective of local Hunter.

BTW, some posts in this thread reminded me about this epic rant by player 'pirated' in another game.... :

Since many of you reason somethings by comparing to RL: if you travel IRL, going for holidays or shortterm job in other country - do you take all your belongings with you all the time or just necessary items and buy/leave rest?

Some very dodgy reasoning there m8, if I travel from here to another country, I am highly unlikely to be robbed on the way, regardless of whether I am carrying hand luggage or the entire contents of my house.

If you are going to argue for PVP, try to do it sensibly.

I don't travel very much at all unless my m8 wants a gunner, and even then I carry no loot, so have never been on a MS and probably won't in the near future either, so it doesn't affect me either way, but I do dislike people shouting down someone else's opinion with incredibly dodgy logic.

I think most of us would agree that MA f*cked on some part of space in EU, which ones depend on your point of view.

They could have had a pvp asteroid zone where even in a small ship you had the chance to dodge and weave through the asteroids to trying avoid any attacker or as a pk'er waiting in ambush for the inattentive pilot. Add mobs and mining to it and you've got a pvp4 in space :yay: for all those who like it on both sides of the pvp divide.

Leaving the rest of space for those who just think it's a gap between planets where motherships and privateers might actually get some serious passenger numbers, where they could run a scheduled passenger service between the planets.

Right now in the small ships you're only hope is that your passenger hasn't fallen asleep from boredom, reading a book, watching a film or playing games on facebook :rolleyes:, or you both are. If you're attacked you can't run as your attacker is the same speed or faster. If you dodge and weave you can only hope to give your attacker motion sickness as eventually you're going to die especially true if you don't have a passenger.

I spent a weekend on RT, the flight there and back was totally uneventful i.e. boring as hell, I ended up watching a film and my pilot was playing games on facebook. I have no idea how long it took as I was doing something else far more interesting.

If the choice is to be looted in space even when offline or take nothing then most will take nothing, in which case a pk'er is even more likely to get nothing from looting the passengers on a MS / Privateer.

lol another thread about pk'ers getting hard done by, why dont you try shooting some mobs? its a lot cheaper than hunting motherships and they almost allways carry loot ;)

cause apparently looting people is a 'profession'

not just a 'Feature' Like i thought it was...

i deal with that shit everyday,
couldn't help but laugh my ass of. nice found vid!
---

there are just some points MA needs to fix,
if this is 10% of space... okay i'm looking forward to the rest.
But right now this topic should serve as a reminder that pirates are in the disadvantage compared to MS.
and it would be nice if we could finally try out some epic battles in space.
perhaps even use those warp mines we're dying to master..

Pirates are here to create a threat and stimulate the interplanetary economy,
by killing people we affect the economy.

Pirates have risen,
where are the knights? If you hate pvpérs in space, buy a quad'n'kismet and kill us... if you can..

Last edited:
Pirates have risen,
where are the knights? If you hate pvpérs in space, buy a quad'n'kismet and kill us... if you can..

Or do interesting things on planet instead, leaving space for PK'ers to kill each other for the No Loot they carry.

Interesting point about stimulating interplanetary trade, just wondering how shooting people for their stuff stimulates the economy, any chance that you could expand upon that?

Or do interesting things on planet instead, leaving space for PK'ers to kill each other for the No Loot they carry.

Interesting point about stimulating interplanetary trade, just wondering how shooting people for their stuff stimulates the economy, any chance that you could expand upon that?

we create a risk factor, which i'm pretty sure is mentioned plenty of times before by other people on this forum,
that risk factor may increase the % people pay on a diffrent planet for a specific material imported.
Therefore interplanetary trading becomes more interesting, traveling becomes more interesting.
and the circle continues..

For me that isn't the issue.

I usually don't move between planets carrying my entire 500+ planet storage. The people who know me know that I'm not rich enough to carry around 1k+ in stackables - most of my loot usually goes to trade terminal. Sometimes even mined stuff.

Last time I was shot down in space, three times - I maybe have forgotten something the first time but obviously I wasn't carrying anything stackable the second and third time.

And if you compare travelling on earth and entropia: If you travel between Europe and New York, you're probably much more likely to get mugged in Bronx than experiencing the airplane getting shot down and then passangers aboard getting shot one by one as they are swimming in the sea wearing life jackets.

My reason for travelling in space is mainly to experience other planets. Now I don't bring any stackables; but if I would be able to, it means I would be able to actually support planets like Next Island by buying sweat there and merge with my suppply on Calypso and thus help the beginners there. And support local economy buy buying from miners who need to get rid of their stuff (in small amounts, say max 100 ped worth).

Also when the first planets was implemented, I got the feeling MA wanted it to be easy to travel between planets. Not that it would be a magnification of the problem it was to get between Calypso and CND. Back then, my guess was that if there was no teleporters and only hangar ships, it would be expensive to travel and the communication would be rare. Well, now it's like: If you want to be able to travel without the annoyance of pirates, you either have to wait for a ship that goes one day/week, or you have to pay 110 ped for a charter flight. For a place like Next Island, I don't think it's easy to quickly get 2+ people to share the fee with, and anyway 110 ped plus 3x7 ped (TP-fee) is more expensive than the old pay teleporters.

Imho if space is to remain lootable, MA should remove the one-avatar limit, so we who don't like pvp can minimize the travel through pvp space. Well, that, or something else.

we create a risk factor, which i'm pretty sure is mentioned plenty of times before by other people on this forum,
that risk factor may increase the % people pay on a diffrent planet for a specific material imported.
Therefore interplanetary trading becomes more interesting, traveling becomes more interesting.
and the circle continues..

For the 59th time:
I'M NOT INTERESTED IN INTERPLANETARY TRADING! I DON'T EVEN TRADE ON CALYPSO ffs.

Ill bet ANY of you that there is a higher % of un looted sleip and quad flights in space right now compared to the % of those getting looted. Thats excluding those in Privateers and motherships ^^

If i could, i would put my money where my mouth is on the above statement....

What we have here is simply the minority shouting the loudest, cause the ones that do make it dont need to make a scene about it.

Last edited:
Some very dodgy reasoning there m8, if I travel from here to another country, I am highly unlikely to be robbed on the way, regardless of whether I am carrying hand luggage or the entire contents of my house.[...]

I hope you understand difference between 'unlikely' and 'not possible'.
Being robbed IRL is possible to different degree.
There are places where you simply don't go, because you know that it is very possible something unpleasant will happen.
There are also other places, where you feel safe it is 'highly unlikely' to encounter problems.

Same happens inside EU.
There are places you are totally safe.
There is also lootable PVP, where unpleasant things might happen to you. As to how likely or unlikely you gonna experience this unpleasant events, it is hard to say.
I heard many relations about flights without single interruption, heard also about people feeling being stalked. It is impossible to judge probability of meeting Pirates in Space, but considering size of Space and possible routes in 4 dimensions, I would risk stating that there is small chance of being killed and looted.

Just check SpikeBlack's post:
[...]
I spent a weekend on RT, the flight there and back was totally uneventful i.e. boring as hell, I ended up watching a film and my pilot was playing games on facebook. I have no idea how long it took as I was doing something else far more interesting.
[...]

[...]If you are going to argue for PVP, try to do it sensibly.[...]

Just because you don't see/understand something, it does not mean that something is insensible.

[...] but I do dislike people shouting down someone else's opinion with incredibly dodgy logic.

Are you suggesting that it would be me? or you suddenly mention somebody else?
If me - that's fine, you can dislike me, based on single post that you don't understand :yay:
But FYI, I do not 'shouting down someone else's opinion with incredibly dodgy logic', that's just your opinion about situation.

ROFL at that video, he should have known better, i mean what the hel did he expect??

anyway.....

Poll here :- Do you feel it is wrong to be able to log off in a MS and not be looted

Tried to keep the poll unbiased, am looking to get numbers for each side, not generate further argument.

yes, yes i do, as you have what ? 12 seconds until you are out of the game?

it is considered an exploit to log off while under or about to be attacked if i rem correctly in EVE, especially in a Corp War / Militia War.

this is why the ship will still be in space while you in RL are not.

i will go to the poll and vote btw

oh and i just replied to a link [ https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ggestion-to-enhance-space-and-space-combat-pk ] from here with this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ce-combat-pk&p=2870737&viewfull=1#post2870737

Last edited:
lmao
stimulate the economy?
Lmao
I saw one pker loot over 8k + material and Placed it all on the auction and IT SOLD UNDER WHat the REAL Value was.....
how is 'not bright pkers' going to help the economy?
lol

good try stagger.
your funny.

Also to add to all this Daisy is right there are alot of Quads and Sliepnirs Flying LOADED lol
yet you priates don't understand space to much...
Maybe Daisy has explored it more then most :)

i know i took my time to learn this area

Spartans = pirates
and the noobish people are the ppl carrying loot? :D

Spartans was protecting their land, family and goods.

Persian wanted to steal Spartans hard work that they put their own blood and sweat into.

I hope you understand difference between 'unlikely' and 'not possible'.
Being robbed IRL is possible to different degree.
There are places where you simply don't go, because you know that it is very possible something unpleasant will happen.
There are also other places, where you feel safe it is 'highly unlikely' to encounter problems.

Same happens inside EU.
There are places you are totally safe.
There is also lootable PVP, where unpleasant things might happen to you. As to how likely or unlikely you gonna experience this unpleasant events, it is hard to say.
I heard many relations about flights without single interruption, heard also about people feeling being stalked. It is impossible to judge probability of meeting Pirates in Space, but considering size of Space and possible routes in 4 dimensions, I would risk stating that there is small chance of being killed and looted.

Just check SpikeBlack's post:

Just because you don't see/understand something, it does not mean that something is insensible.

Are you suggesting that it would be me? or you suddenly mention somebody else?
If me - that's fine, you can dislike me, based on single post that you don't understand :yay:
But FYI, I do not 'shouting down someone else's opinion with incredibly dodgy logic', that's just your opinion about situation.

Sorry about that, I was talking drivel, have left the drivel there to keep your post making sense, and I don't hate anyone, hardly dislike anyone at all, Just realised that reading forums makes me an angry person, so will trawl for data and otherwise ignore that they exist, therefore becoming much happier in myself. :)

Have fun (the bit I had forgotten), and GL

Reactions: sbi
Been a looong time, still no reply from MA on the support ticket

Wrong, a warp drive is nearly instant from 1 place to another, just the casting time for the warp portal.
no time for a pirate to attack, so your point is completely useless.

I have killed a dozen MS's as they left the safe zone on they're way to warp. So it IS possible to kill them and the more upgraded the MS is the more quads you need to pop it before it reaches warp. But while your shooting the MS it sucks to see all the people logging out.

I guess its you who dont know what your talking about Hydra.:lolup:

Last edited:
Wrong, a warp drive is nearly instant from 1 place to another, just the casting time for the warp portal.
no time for a pirate to attack, so your point is completely useless.

First, the warp is always between two points outside of the safe "parking area".

Secondly, as soon as mothership takes one hit, the warp warmup aborts so one single quad or something shooting once/30 seconds is enough to keep mothership from warping away.

(Reservation: I haven't controlled mothership warp myself so I can't confirm the above but I'm almost certain it's how it works.)

Back