100th week

antonioliveira

Prowler
Society
Utopia
Aleph Levi Benzait
And there it goes, 100 weeks of CLD returns.

Too bad the average returns, which started a bit above 5 PED, are going the wrong way, and are now below 4 PED.

Lets just hope when we get to the 200th week, things have moved up a bit :cool:

While technically accurate, I can't help feeling that this graph could be slightly misleading. The gradient of the overall downward trend is greatly affected by a consistently high 8 week period early on (weeks 5-13). If you disregard this data the remaining period has a much shallower, almost flat gradient.

Don't get me wrong, the week 5-13 data is not an error, it is very real and I'm sure most of us would like to have seen those levels maintained or exceeded. I know some people attach great importance to the comparison between the actual return and the return that MA predicted before releasing the CLDs, and I have to admit that actual returns are unquestionably lower.

However, a downward gradient such as the one shown, needs to be considered in the context that the most recent 80% of the time period represented has actually provided a much more stable and consistent return than the line would suggest.

Personally, I find it more interesting to look at the payouts charted year-on-year.

Like this:

Can you make a graph that takes into account the purchase price?
For example, 100 weks ago, we received 6 PED for 1000 PED, now it's more 4 PED for 1500 PED.

(I know the purchase price isn't important because we can resell the CLD but I'm curious... :) )

well face it the payouts go down.
simple as that

wierd thing is though that the cld price is at a all time high.
conclusion ?

i dont know but 150 dollar for 1 share.
damn thats really expansive

i mean phoohee

150 dollar 1 share
pay out per share 16 ped per 4 weeks

1,60 dollar each month
thats like a 1.06666666666666 % return

its not that i'm a good in calculating stuff
but one thing is for sure i'm not far off on this siple and fast calculation

Last edited:
well face it the payouts go down.
simple as that

wierd thing is though that the cld price is at a all time high.
conclusion ?

i dont know but 150 dollar for 1 share.
damn thats really expansive

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Taking the last payment of 3.6482ped as an example, some might find that (3.6482/7*365.25 / 1500) = 12.69%p.a. simple interest isn't a bad return compared to some other ingame 'investments'.

Everyone will have their own point of view on this ofc.

For some 1500ped will be too expensive, for others it's a reasonable price, and for some it will be still relatively 'cheap'.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Taking the last payment of 3.6482ped as an example, some might find that (3.6482/7*365.25 / 1500) = 12.69%p.a. simple interest isn't a bad return compared to some other ingame 'investments'.

Everyone will have their own point of view on this ofc.

For some 1500ped will be too expensive, for others it's a reasonable price, and for some it will be still relatively 'cheap'.

in a year yes its 14% give or take.
will mean that investnent takes 11 years to earn itself back

that's a long time,
and also the returns are slowely dropping at the moment.
even with calypso events going on.

calypso avatars are slowely quiting.
and many avatars that join are start in other worlds.
calypso does not earn money from those avatars.... not even when those avatars play on calypso.
or maybe a small 5% when they do.

so i see calypso returns will keep falling down a bit more.
put prolly the cld price will keep rising.
making calypso planet worth not 6 mil but now i guess 9 million

added extra .........

its not that i give a damn , but just wierd to see gamers behavior
in this game some things completly go the opposite way as in real life.

if proffit goes down normally the shares go down.
and so on.

Last edited:
People were making pretty much the same arguments when CLDs first became available, and probably every week since :)

For some it will be a reasonable rate of return for a relatively low price/item passive investment.

Others will pay considerably more/item for an investment that requires active participation to make any return - like a spaceship, that as pre-VU10 hangar owners found out the hard way can have a sudden major devaluation when MA changes the 'rules of engagement'.

What suits one player will not suit another, and vice versa. Diversity isn't a bad thing, and whatever you do, there is some inherent risk.

All I'm saying is that just because it doesn't suit YOU doesn't automatically make it a bad choice for someone else.

in a year yes its 14% give or take.
14% is still a very good return.
Check what you get on your bank account. I think I'm getting 0.25% on mine. (Yeah, I know the risk is higher, but 14% is still a lot)

The big question is if it will continue to drop. :dunno:

14% is still a very good return.
Check what you get on your bank account. I think I'm getting 0.25% on mine. (Yeah, I know the risk is higher, but 14% is still a lot)

The big question is if it will continue to drop. :dunno:

.25% is amazing for a bank ! Scotia Bank charges me over 50$ a year just to let me keep my money in a savings account that works out to less then 0% interest.

I got a few CLD's when they first came out and now my avatar is almost making more money then me !

Back