1968 +40 = 2008

Eron²

Elite
Society
Former SR
Eron TheCaptain Smith
an intresting read from 1968 predicting the world of 2008 .... not very close but very cool to see what those before us thought we would achieve.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/03/24/what-will-life-be-like-in-the-year-2008/

start of the story said:
IT’S 8 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2008, and you are headed for a business appointment 300 mi. away. You slide into your sleek, two-passenger air-cushion car, press a sequence of buttons and the national traffic computer notes your destination, figures out the current traffic situation and signals your car to slide out of the garage. Hands free, you sit back and begin to read the morning paper—which is flashed on a flat TV screen over the car’s dashboard. Tapping a button changes the page.

very interesting :)

darn cant give +rep! :(

well, a lot of progress has been stagnanted by corporate greed and fear of innovation. they enjoy what makes money in the short term, avoid sweeping real change, and prefer minor cosmetic 'improvements'

out entertainment choices have exploded but our real innovations are lost. what happened to space? what happened to energy? what happened to the future?

we have the tools and abilities, but the scientists are either afraid or unwilling or unable to attempt to dictate policy OR they are on payrolls and say only what they are paid to say. god i wish we lived in a world ran by science instead of religion and money. oh well.

for sure. in the 1940's the german nazis had a plane that was equal to the US B-2 bomber all from science.

a good portion of american post-war industrial progress can be atrributed to the 'spoils of war' namely scientific research (and sometimes the researchers themselves). some want to say our bump in technology had been because of the roswell crash, but even without that potential resource, the german scientists (and the jewish germans scientists that fled early in the conflict) brought with them plenty of knowledge.

but like the romans of old, we only took what others had made and made it better. over and over again. now, lets see what next we will emulate from the romans. i wish it were the unlimited wealth and sex to cititzens, but i think we are out of luck on that one. LOL. more than likely it will be the crash ;)

Nice artikel, some of them ar implemented and some of them will come lets see.

I like this part :
No need to worry about failing memory or intelligence either. The intelligence pill is another 21st century commodity. Slow learners or people struck with forgetful-ness are given pills which increase the production of enzymes controlling production of the chemicals known to control learning and memory. Everyone is able to use his full mental potential

Sometimes i fel i would need some pills :scratch:

Nice to see some people are wearing their tin foil hats today!

Its quite cool, I can't remember... what era 40 years ago was exactly, but alot of things are pretty spot on, but I think that 40 years ago alot of things were obviously headed this way... were there atm machines 40 years ago? (edit: googled and indeed the first came out about there-ish? so i think the author just took what was avant-garde at the time and pretended it would be common place and I guess thats what happened for alot of stuff)

Back