1k Peds - 5Bs or more Evade?

Which should I buy?

• Total voters
my opinion...hunt eco ...you gone gain skills...at least for that money...and maybe something else.

you already got acceptable evade

and with the 5B's taking a dive (~139 markup today)

i currently hunt with 3 plates only

it makes me fap less at the same time not jumping on too big mobs

8A all the way 5B are for nubs and you are not ;)

oh and to repair your armor you need to unequip it and detach the plates, and you have to check wich plate you put where again so they decay equally.

No, limmited items on unlimmited items SUCK

Buy 6 8A plates, spend the rest on ammo. Do a round trip of eudoria and amethera (just avoid the spiders) and by the time you get back you can stat thinking about replacing those 8A's.

Just avoid: Cornundos, combibo. For some reason I have found they have a super high hit-count (though 1.0 dmg), and eat the plates (or it may have had something to do with me fighting 50 at once)

Hi there, John...

You mentioned CP in yout original post... I have seen you there many times!

If you slap those 5B's on the Gremlin you will know you invested wisely my friend.... those Aurli in Dome 1 & 2 (I dont go into 2 alone anyway) will give you plently of evade. One of my rules, especially at CP, is this: your chances of looting a mob increase dramatically if you outlive the mob.

Good luck!

Reactions: Lem
I'd say both, because they would both be beneficial in the long run. But because I can only choose 1, I would say the 5B's as an evade chip should be partnered with a Combat Reflexes chip for maximum benefit, at least in my experience.

- Nightwolf

and with the 5B's taking a dive (~139 markup today)

Till enough people read this thread about how great the 5b's are and some reseller snatches them all up from auctions and relists at +500. There goes my plan for getting a full set of 5b's this year :( Oh..and i voted for the 5b's of course...but then i'm all natural and don't know crap about chipping skills

Till enough people read this thread about how great the 5b's are and some reseller snatches them all up from auctions and relists at +500. There goes my plan for getting a full set of 5b's this year :( Oh..and i voted for the 5b's of course...but then i'm all natural and don't know crap about chipping skills

Nah... don't worry mate... 5Bs are not shadow.. they are made upon request and at the moment there are plenty of materials available.

Will only go up if MA changes the drop in the aurli bones. (btw.. 2-3 hours yesterday in 2 & 4 and not a single bone :scratch2:)

Guga here you again with your ass backwards idea of economics just like your stand on amps make your hunts less economical. If you hunt all the time and use 8A's yes you will take a little less damage but with a ghost set you are somewhat limited on what mobs you can hunt. there is hardly a difference in dmg from 5B to 8A the biggest difference is the decay. You get more decay on 8A's because it absorbs more dmg(based on wiki) plus you have to buy it at a markup of more than 150%. That being said after you've used the 5B plates numerous times it is still worth the same as when you bought it so you never really lost the ped, all you paid for was the repair costs. So how can you say that 5B's are a drain on someones ped, and why do you always find a way to insult people. Guess we all know who the noob is around here. -Rep for you, not for idiotic theories of Eu's economics but for the constant insults you make to the people on this forum, by the way this is only the 2nd one I've ever given out. Hope a few others join me.

Emery

Edit: btw to the thread starter, sorry for being off topic

he got more that 130HP or werry close to it whith 8A he can easy go up to hogg and AOA whith np at all ! Whith 5b's to i bet mine dick that no one in this post ever used 8A's yet you coment on them becose if you did you will sell your 5B's that just fact !

Last edited:
Go for the 5b´s, great plates and not to shabby decay wise.

You WILL see the difference when you hunt! :)

Sure thing m8, go for 5b and hunt bigger mob. But dont forget to upgrade FAP and maybe gun too for that. At least EK 2600 and you will have a hell lot of fun along with your 5b-gremlin. With that you can hunt scip, fishers, Atrox upto Alpha, Hoggs solo and even though its expensive to hunt these, they are the mobs with the most globals, so you will profit longterm and have a very nice skillgain.

So my point is: 5b alone doesnt mean anything, but along with a good Fap and a good gun, you will elevate to a new average level of hunting

Since i dont want to advertise anybody for free, go check the malls, there are crafters with awesome prices for 5b (and other stuff) and maybe you meet them at their shops and can an even better price for the whole set.

he got more that 130HP or werry close to it whith 8A and 4k ( i don't know what the lvl 17 skills wise ) evade he gcan easy go up to hogg and AOA whith np at all ! Whith 5b's to i bet mine dick that no one in this post ever used 8A's yet you coment on them becose if you did you will sell your 5B's that just fact !

I'm pretty sure I quoted you discussing the topic of decay and eco of 8A to 5B and how you feel that 5B's are a "drain" on the peds. Why do you assume I've never used 8A's? It was the first thing I tried before I got 5B's, I am a fan of L items but not plates because the markup is not worth it if you hunt all the time. Sure you will be able to hunt slightly different mobs, but that is a whole other topic isn't it. But if you would like to explain to me why you assume to know people you don't and would like to defend the statement I originally quoted, by all means... otherwise please do us all a favor and at least do some research that most people would consider just common sense before posting and then calling other people brainless or noob for not knowing everything you know. You make me laugh :laugh: I am looking forward to what you have to say.

Emery

I'm pretty sure I quoted you discussing the topic of decay and eco of 8A to 5B and how you feel that 5B's are a "drain" on the peds. Why do you assume I've never used 8A's? It was the first thing I tried before I got 5B's, I am a fan of L items but not plates because the markup is not worth it if you hunt all the time. Sure you will be able to hunt slightly different mobs, but that is a whole other topic isn't it. But if you would like to explain to me why you assume to know people you don't and would like to defend the statement I originally quoted, by all means... otherwise please do us all a favor and at least do some research that most people would consider just common sense before posting and then calling other people brainless or noob for not knowing everything you know. You make me laugh :laugh: I am looking forward to what you have to say.

Emery

becose i hunt and i tried both plates and becose i keep exel sheet off everithing in EU ! And mathematics don't lie;)
Now if you go again write down evry hunt just on plates no need the rest buy both sets hunt once whith 8A's once whith 5B's same mobs same amount off ammo !
then look up at the numbers and i tell you again that you will give me apologie and +rep if not then you are just lieng to your self and i will give you all EFD's i got becose you are so honest:wtg:

becose i hunt and i tried both plates and becose i keep exel sheet off everithing in EU ! And mathematics don't lie;)
Now if you go again write down evry hunt just on plates no need the rest buy both sets hunt once whith 8A's once whith 5B's same mobs same amount off ammo !
then look up at the numbers and i tell you again that you will give me apologie and +rep if not then you are just lieng to your self and i will give you all EFD's i got becose you are so honest:wtg:

You are Right!:yay: Mathmatics don't lie. So why don't you post these "spreadsheets" of yours that "prove" 8A's are more eco than 5B's. Here is some math for you(btw you seem to always talk math but never give any examples):

Lets just use what you said, I'll try to be as detailed as possibe so you can follow. Let's assume that other than the plates everything else is the same, so all skills, armor(ghost), and Mob(Atrox Alpha).

You go on 2 hunts, one with 5B's and one with 8A's. On both hunts since evade is exactly the same you get hit an equal amount of time, we'll call it 100. According to Entropedia: in the damage vs armor calculations listed here Entropedia:Creature Maturity Levels the damage/decay on the armor with these plates on it is:

Ghost with 5B against atrox alpha- Avg. DMG-23.96 Avg. Decay-11.09 pec
Total Decay on 50 hits: 11.09pec*100 hits= 11.09 ped

Ghost with 8A against atrox alpha- Avg. DMG-21.54 Avg. Decay-11.71 pec
Total Decay on 50 hits: 11.71pec*100 hits= 11.71 ped

Still following?

Now since the 8A's are (L) we also need to add in the markup to the decay:

11.71 ped * 129.79 %(according to peauction.com)= 15.20 ped

Hmmm:scratch2: 15.20 ped seems like it is more than 11.09 ped, thats a pretty big difference for just 2.5 dmg difference, but please correct me if I am wrong. In fact if you can post this excel evidence of yours that says 8A's are more eco, than I will not only apolgize to you, I'll +rep you and along with giving you all my EFD I will buy you a set of your favorite 8A plates. fair enough?

Hopefully this sinks in, which I seriously doubt and me writing this post even with all the evidence staring you in the face will probably be just a waste of my time. Well good luck with that, and hopefully you prove me wrong, or even just get someone to agree with you.

Last edited:
Combat sense? :laugh:

Sorry, mate but obviously you misread my stats. I unlocked Serendipity 5 months ago, and I'm only 1/2 way to unlocking coolness. (This from constant hunting almost every day. :()

At the speed I skill, combat sense just isn't in the cards for me.

However, even if you meant Coolness, a 1k hg or rifle chip again only pushes me up 2 levels at best.

And since I mostly use Korss, I won't see jack squat from that investment any time soon.

At least if I get evade or 5Bs (or even 8As), I'll see immediate results.

ahh sorry I did mean coolness ofcourse

John

In your position, I would buy the 5b's, stick them on your gremlin, and go spend a few weeks on CP....you should get the evade by then :)

he got more that 130HP or werry close to it whith 8A and 4k ( i don't know what the lvl 17 skills wise ) evade he gcan easy go up to hogg and AOA whith np at all ! Whith 5b's to i bet mine dick that no one in this post ever used 8A's yet you coment on them becose if you did you will sell your 5B's that just fact !

Guga

I gave you the benefit of the doubt in a previous thread, but it seems I was wrong. So far, all I have seen in your posts are:

1. Claims that you have not backed up with your 'stats'
2. Absolute misinformation and ignorance
3. Assumption that everything you know is correct
4. Assumption that everyone who has a different opinion from you is both wrong, and stupid
5. Delusions of Granduer
6. Downright rudeness to others

Oh, and don't pull the "My English is poor, so people misunderstand me" bullshit. You seem intent on being as ignorant and as rude as possible. -rep from me.

JC

Plates, you will get that evade for "free".....

You are Right!:yay: Mathmatics don't lie. So why don't you post these "spreadsheets" of yours that "prove" 8A's are more eco than 5B's. Here is some math for you(btw you seem to always talk math but never give any examples):

Lets just use what you said, I'll try to be as detailed as possibe so you can follow. Let's assume that other than the plates everything else is the same, so all skills, armor(ghost), and Mob(Atrox Alpha).

You go on 2 hunts, one with 5B's and one with 8A's. On both hunts since evade is exactly the same you get hit an equal amount of time, we'll call it 100. According to Entropedia: in the damage vs armor calculations listed here Entropedia:Creature Maturity Levels the damage/decay on the armor with these plates on it is:

Still following?

Hmmm:scratch2: 15.20 ped seems like it is more than 11.09 ped, thats a pretty big difference for just 2.5 dmg difference, but please correct me if I am wrong. In fact if you can post this excel evidence of yours that says 8A's are more eco, than I will not only apolgize to you, I'll +rep you and along with giving you all my EFD I will buy you a set of your favorite 8A plates. fair enough?

Hopefully this sinks in, which I seriously doubt and me writing this post even with all the evidence staring you in the face will probably be just a waste of my time. Well good luck with that, and hopefully you prove me wrong, or even just get someone to agree with you.

I would like to add some comments to your calculation. Using 8A plates you will take 121 HP damage less that will affect your FAP decay. This Fap decay is not that important and will not change the entire picture.

Please consider the following:

Usage of 8A plates means that you will hunt big mobs. Cost of kill (ammo, armor decay) of big mob is sufficient like 5-10 PED depending on mob. Using 8A plates may save you from death one time and it will pay off this 4 PED difference for the entire run.

So my point is that your equipment choice must be done very carefully taking in account your hunt goals.

In general my suggestion is to buy 5B for long run and use 8A for fun risky hunts on big mobs.

According to voting I choose evade because in long run its better but if you like to see changes immediately go for 5b.

he got more that 130HP or werry close to it whith 8A and 4k ( i don't know what the lvl 17 skills wise )

Wrong Cuga.

I have about 2.8k evade and am at Level 20 Evader.

I would imagine level 17 would equate to about 2.5k evade if skilled naturally.

Oh, and I would go for the 5B, and have fun hunting for the evade for free. 5B can be fitted to any of your lower armours to achieve the desired result.

Wrong Cuga.

I have about 2.8k evade and am at Level 20 Evader.

I would imagine level 17 would equate to about 2.5k evade if skilled naturally.

Oh, and I would go for the 5B, and have fun hunting for the evade for free. 5B can be fitted to any of your lower armours to achieve the desired result.

Cuga :scratch2:

read again one more time plz i say im not shore what the lvl 17 is i don't say lvl 17 is 4k.

I say 4k as example not to compare as lvl 17 im shore if you read once more you will get it i know poor englesh lead to poor understanding mine fault.

just will like you to call me mine name ty

Still following?

Ok let go 

First the two off them decay the same (On this part is not shore 100% but as I remember they decay the same I won’t buy 5B just to try as I don’t use them.)

Now the 5B protection will drop when you get hit the first time 8A won’t!

Do though that the second times hogg will hit he will already do more damage so you will already start to fap more!

15 min hunt on hogg (that how long your 5B will last before you start getting 80+ hits and proly die you wont out fap the hogglos if your HP is not 150+)

8A will keep the same protection till gone! So from the beginning off the hunt to the and you will get hit at the same rate you’re formula don’t apply!

Now with the info I just give you you can easy see that the 8A will go more eco no matter what because:

1, I will get same protection all the way from the start to the and off hunt you won’t!

2, you will fap more if we take you’re formula after even 10 min you will start fappyng!

3, and the last I wont share the exel I keep as they are mine work I will encourage you to make you’re own and am shore you wont share them to, make them write down your two hunt and give me new set off 8A L plz

I take hogg as example becose that what I like but you example is same AOA.

Now off cores and I wont argue this maybe after I burn 20 x 7 plates you’re 5B may start to pay as they are not L but that mane plates will keep me alive long long time.

Oh the plates cost on average +40 peds just find good crafter that you sell ores to you may even get them cheaper

Last edited:
John

In your position, I would buy the 5b's, stick them on your gremlin, and go spend a few weeks on CP....you should get the evade by then :)

Guga

I gave you the benefit of the doubt in a previous thread, but it seems I was wrong. So far, all I have seen in your posts are:

1. Claims that you have not backed up with your 'stats'
2. Absolute misinformation and ignorance
3. Assumption that everything you know is correct
4. Assumption that everyone who has a different opinion from you is both wrong, and stupid
5. Delusions of Granduer
6. Downright rudeness to others

Oh, and don't pull the "My English is poor, so people misunderstand me" bullshit. You seem intent on being as ignorant and as rude as possible. -rep from me.

JC

i give you the + rep for the - hope you are happy woman :)

Cuga :scratch2:

read again one more time plz i say im not shore what the lvl 17 is i don't say lvl 17 is 4k.

I say 4k as example not to compare as lvl 17 im shore if you read once more you will get it i know poor englesh lead to poor understanding mine fault.

just will like you to call me mine name ty

My apologies Guga, I got your name wrong. Don't sweat it :)

I just highlighted the evade level thing as there is a world of difference between 2.3 and 4k Evade. I mean a HUGE difference. Someone with 4k evade will most probably be hitting 1.5k Avoidance, if skilled naturally. A huge difference when it comes to decay on armour etc.

And as you say you are not sure, then why propose facts on things you admit you are not sure about?

you right i edited the evade, np for the name it was more to point it out as ther is guy name Cuga on the forum :)

5Bs ----> more fun!
I had 8As once, it was fun, but only lasted me a couple of weeks as they burn pretty quickly up at CP... I didn't make the math by the way...

Oh, and about 5B's decay, as they offer less protection over time, and since the decay is proportional to the damage absorbed, then i figure their decay will not be linear too, i.e., guga, even if you spend less in fap decay, i'm not sure if it will compensate.
What I see is linear decay for 8A's and more easy/accurate math with it, and with 5Bs, it's a lot more complicated, but of course, i might be wrong. The best would be making a couple of hunts with 5B's or 8A's and compare the average decays with SD. Then check if it's statistically significant.
Guga, as you wrote above, you don't have much experience with 5Bs, then i would suppose it to be harder for you to so peremptorialy afirm that 8As are the best.

Last edited:
I can tell you from own experience that 5B's give you much more ability than those 2 Levels Evade!

When I compare me (noobish hunter and evader) with one of my best friends (much higher skilled hunter and evader): I can take out much higher mob than he does - because I have 5Bs!

When we hunt together it is much easier when Mobs chew on me because I have to fap much less although his Evade is some levels higher than mine but he has no plates.

Take 5Bs or 8A(L) - That is just a questions of preference or style - want to repair after every hunt but keep them => 5B. Dont repair after each hunt , pay a little less but have to find new ones after a while => 8A.

rofl... so, you're complaining because safara mispelled your name just by one letter??? geeez, have you read your own posts ffs??? i've never seen more typos together, and "english is not my language" is not an excuse, just don't be lazy and review your spelling (just google the words you're not sure about), or at least be consistent and don't complain about the spelling errors of others.

regarding the rest of your posts, you're simply mixing up everything (right info with _wrong_ info btw); it is wrong that 5Bs decay more than 6As; actually, when 5Bs start losing protection, they protect less, and therefore they decay less with time.

if you include other factors such as the additional fap decay and such, then you might be right with regard to the overall decay bill, depending on many other factors (length of the run, weapon dmg/sec, fap efficiency, your own HP and evade levels, etc...). i still doubt that these factors weight more than the % you have to pay for the plates, but well, it could be.

you can avoid reselling markup with either going directly to
buzz ligthyears or auktumas shop :D

I just got 5b's they are the shit!

If you have to fap quite a bit with what you hunt now get 5b's safe on fap decay but you will pay on armor decay.

5b's decay faster then the ghost i wear with it.

Back