2012 Merry Mayhem Rules & Info

Modified Hedoc Mayhem :eyecrazy:
Best fap ever!!!

Do the Areanatrox kills count towards the iron missions as well?

What do you think, MM Araneatrox will have less HP than MM Kerberos? If not it doesn;t make any sense for me to kill araneatrox instead of Kerberos

What do you think, MM Araneatrox will have less HP than MM Kerberos? If not it doesn;t make any sense for me to kill araneatrox instead of Kerberos

You get twice as many points for MM araneatrox so when you get in there and see what they're like you can decide which to go for.

you get twice as many, but if you spend twice or more time to kill one than it;s not worth it:)

I asume that araneatrox will have less HP than double HP of Kerberos but will hit like crazy, thus making them efficient to kill...if you can afford:)

biiig mistake and participation will be alot worse then before if you ask me..and i hope i'm wrong. All players till level 100 dont have a fucking chance in level 4 and super uber gear will win the level 3 also . Prizes are fucked up....only the first prize..the rest are nothing. And where are the hit profesions? nobady from level 70 to 100 will participate...why? becouse are 20-30 players in 100+ and will take all the prizes ...thats why:p:mad:

neurobiotic booster? what is that 5 hours lenght? who will spent 10k ped or more and 30 hours for 5 hours? jesus man..this is agaisnt any marketing stuff :mad:

so disappointed..

Last edited:
Modified Hedoc Mayhem :eyecrazy:
Best fap ever!!!

Do the Areanatrox kills count towards the iron missions as well?

Yes good fap.
To use crafted one with similar performances you need to get robot com unit component wich is hard to drop,
you need to be at least 102 paramedic and you must be prepared to pay 15 pecs per click.
Diference is quite big.
Balance is not even sci fi, is magic.

The points are distributed just like the points would be distributed if you were doing an iron challenge, it works using the exact same functions. The player that does the most damage on the monster gets the points.
You can enter instance categories above your own category but not below, note that this only applies to team instances.

Sooo ... Team MM is basically former MM setup if I get it right, with some limitations on top as related to team members skill lvl and time of play (before some1 could have played support full time - now he's limited to 30h)

Have to say it looks interesting ... previous years was not able to reach the 30h limit but this time looks quite possible :) ... and introducing real solo MM is something ppl have cried for years now, so I see it as a good thing altough at a 1st glance DPS & PED card seem to be everything here :(

Assuming average players have what to shoot with :laugh: (current weaps MU is somewhat prohibitive atm due to MA's on-going re-balancing BS) and they don't go bankrupt too quick (see beacons and other PP instances where returns are awfull to say the least) ... and that maybe, just maybe, those MM mobs do drop something worth while (e.g. new weaps or comps) ... overall seems to me a good move from MA - not to mention they basically extended MM timeframe -> more decay & revenue for them :rolleyes:

Prizes are a bit dissapointing to be honest ... quite interesting full UL nice armor sets are gone :eyecrazy: ... and that skill boosters are a bit useless imho ... except lower levels, u need a ton of gameplay to skill up one lvl, so reducing that by 5-10h is not a big deal in my view :laugh:

Let's see how the instances work - as in stability & bugs :laugh: ... history shows us that the chance for bugs and quick fixes is rather great, and after my last beacon experience defo won't step into MM within the first days of release :laugh:

(...)

Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys (solo participants will not be affected). To continue participating or assisting in a team instance in such a case, you will need to chip out enough combat skills to bring your highest profession level below the effective category criteria.
(...)

Please clarify this:
so as solo participant i can accept the mission at 49.99 level as highest profesion - i will be assigned to cat 2 - then i can chip in as much as i want (or just skill) and i still will be in cat 2 so in theory i can participate with much higher profesion level.

This is very important to me to know this and plan strategy before i accept of course ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

so the first 10 places will be 2-3 foe and foe sga tier 7 and 5-6 mod merc and ancient mod merc tier 7?...what about the rest of the players? even the mod mk2 or imp mk2 are faaar back:p in dps..even a modmerc tier 5 has no chance in hell to fight against tier 7. I agree you can recover 5-8% with tactics and shit...but more then 2-3 tiers...never. But i guess everybody will want a tier 7 modmerc now:):eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

GO MAYHEM!!!

AN IDEEA FOR MA!...only L weapons should be used in mayhem!:cussing:

Additional Araneatrox Spawns during MM?

Will there be additional spawn areas of the spiders or do participants have to hunt at the already known spaces?

Will there be additional spawn areas of the spiders or do participants have to hunt at the already known spaces?

Read whole info again - thsoe are not normal Kerberos and Araneatroxes. They will be spawning ONLY in instances. So no more kill stealing and helping (tagging, healing) in solo mode.

Falagor

Read whole info again - thsoe are not normal Kerberos and Araneatroxes. They will be spawning ONLY in instances. So no more kill stealing and helping (tagging, healing) in solo mode.

Falagor

Means every participant gets his own instance?

Yes - try doing the daily feffoid mission quest (on Calypso) to have idea what it may look like.
Mobs in that instance are limited to 15 feffoids only that do not spawn back (those in MM instances will be spawning over and over) and timer is different but you may get the idea.

Or try doing some beacon missions or Key isntaces on Ark or some Lockpick instances on Rock too. There you can go only with team and each instance is created on team or participant going in - so noone else can come in and help/mess there.

Falagor

correct mike,
soloparticipant can enter an instance, by the tp in twin peaks. (nice lagg free)
u got 30 MM tokens.. eq. 30h of hunting.
upon entering the system will withdraw 1 MM-token from your stack.
allowing u 1h of hunting in your instance.

I wonder how teams will work.. do you have to have same team name, same team members everytime or can you switch that and team points will only count for yourself, just in the team category?

will I be category 3 although my highest hunting proffession level is 42? :eyecrazy:

I wonder how teams will work.. do you have to have same team name, same team members everytime or can you switch that and team points will only count for yourself, just in the team category?

will I be category 3 although my highest hunting proffession level is 42? :eyecrazy:

In team instances whoever does the most damage gets the points for each mob. So everyone's total "team points" (points gained in team instances) will be used to determine team category winners. Team names, members, etc. does not matter.

You should be cat 2.

In team instances whoever does the most damage gets the points for each mob. So everyone's total "team points" (points gained in team instances) will be used to determine team category winners. Team names, members, etc. does not matter.

i think the same about team category but its not clearly stated anywhere

You should be cat 2.

more or less just a joke, because:

Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69

Which is not in hunting in my case ..

i think the same about team category but its not clearly stated anywhere

more or less just a joke, because:

Which is not in hunting in my case ..

It has been explained more or less in this thread and others.

The points are distributed just like the points would be distributed if you were doing an iron challenge, it works using the exact same functions. The player that does the most damage on the monster gets the points.

You can enter instance categories above your own category but not below, note that this only applies to team instances.

You qualify for the different categories based on your professional standings in any one of the combat related professions, including mindforce.

Think that should cover it.

I may just participate for the first time this year, now it looks fair to enter :)

they get nowt. those are sort of random prizes to encourage wide participation, so people dont go "i cant possibly win, i wont bother", just entering an doing a dozen hours might make you hit 50th.

Or third in Cat 4 like last year ;)

Kim can we get a category 5 for Lv100+ players

I would love to see this happen too. Of course they should get nicer prizes for being at the top. The 70-100 range is probably the majority of more long term players in this place. By not having a separate level for them MA effectively discourages them not to participate at all. We know there's no chance to win anything except gambling on getting #50 or something. It's not worth it. MA should really look at how many players they are discouraging to participate by not having a separate category. This has been brought up in the past.

I would think the additional prizes for another category would be well worth it and many more people would participate. :wise: I know I would if I didn't have to compete against such high level players. There's certainly a lot of people like me.

I like the new instances...But I think its a bit boring that its only down to biggest dps weapon...It would be nicer if everybody had the same setup when entering.

Last edited:
Interesting, hum to depo and have a go or not that is the question :scratch:

Can we get some info on the dmg of these MM Mobs ? Is it the same as the usual ones or do they have a different distribution ? Also what maturity are they ? If we want to spent time wisely I need to know what to wear into the instance.

Atami

Can we get some info on the dmg of these MM Mobs ? Is it the same as the usual ones or do they have a different distribution ? Also what maturity are they ? If we want to spent time wisely I need to know what to wear into the instance.

Atami

Part of the challenge in setting up a good strategy is to find a way to get that information.

Interesting, hum to depo and have a go or not that is the question :scratch:

Depending on your category...
Get ready to depo a lot.

Your basically going to need 30 hours of non stop shooting in PED, then double that for repairs and bad turn over, paying out players help and time if doing team also.
Last year in Cat 3, I had around 25k PED just for MM, most of it I never saw again. (Came 4th)

Back