2012 Solo Merry Mayhem Progress

chelms166

Guardian
Don Chelms Helms
Gonna try and keep a log here of my runs on Merry Mayhem Spiders Solo Category 2. I'll try to provide as much info as I can think to.

Basic set up each time will be:

Gremlin (Tier 1) w/ 5B plates + Defense Enhancers I

x2 Svempa X1 (L) Tier 2-4 (Will rethink my gun once these 2 break)

Damage Enhancers I-III

Evil Amplifier (+36 Damage)

EWE LC-150 (L) (For pulling)

A105 Amplifier (+16 Damage)

Adapted Vivo T20 (L)

First Run: (Overspent on ammo so numbers might look skewed. Ammo used was about 400, but I went in with 700 to make sure I wouldn't run out.)

1007.84 Loot TT
890.82 Cost TT
113% return TT

Notable loots:
Isis Project Zero-Five (L) 177.04 TT SOLD

Note: All notable loots will be for sale also. PM with respectable offers. Will annotate if sold.

Last edited:
Best of luck in the contest. I'm curious of how many spiders do you take down in a session. I'm in the same category 2 solo and I get about 250 Kerberos killed in my first run and I want to see if it will be the same on Araneatrox meaning kill 125

Aww yes I forgot to provide my numbers! Silly me. :)

Well my points for spiders were 298. Total damage was about 170k. I forget how many I killed, but it was all spiders and the Yulebot guy. So 288 points from spiders. Not sure the points per kill.

Well, Imma jump back in now for round 2. Here goes nothing! Good luck to everyone.

Second Run:

484.35 Loot TT
657.86 Cost TT + 5.47 from T20
73.62% Return TT

312 Kill Points

~182k Damage

Last edited:
Third Run:
685.90 Loot TT
670.96 Cost TT
102% Return

326 Kill Points (Higher and higher each round :))

192k Damage Dealt

Notable Loots:

Omegaton Igni L1100 (L) 44.13 TT SOLD

Leonis Special Edition (L) 106.00 TT SOLD

Last edited:
Nice runs, Im using ark 30 desert+ beast for pulling and asi 40+dante for close range. Full aquila+5b allows me to kill without healing ;)

Liakon +5B ME is helping alot with Kerberos.

Well, here's an update on my Merry Mayhem 2012. :dunce:

My evil amp went on vacation without a heads up!:ahh::scratch2: With that said, my run at the top is over. Not sure if my combo would have won a top 5 or not, but I was sure gonna try!

So with that being said I will continue; just not at the same level. Maybe I'll get lucky and hit a 50 spot place lol. But not enough dps for a top spot so will grind a few keys on Kerberos and see how loot goes.

I'm headed in!

OK OK! Very interesting happenings today! It seems my loss of an evil amp has opened my eyes to the fact I wasn't doing so well as I thought with it.

I went in with my x1 and slapped on a beast amp. This time on Kerberos. 1 hour and 2 minutes later I had 30 more killpoints then my runs with evil amp on the spiders. It's a refreshing relief to know I am still in the hunt for a prize perhaps. :confused:

Anyways it's all the same setup as original post except I swapped the evil out for the beast amp. Lost some dps, but gained some more killpoints!

Forth Run:
729.15 Loot TT
984.50 Cost TT
74% Return

358 Kill Points

232629 Damage Dealt

Last edited:
What I have found is that it is far more efficient to over-armor... time spent healing is time your not spending shooting. That's probably why your killpoints went up when going after the kerberos instead of the arnea. My best runs were with x1+dante especially when I get the gun above tier 2, problem is that once your gun breaks you will have 1 or 2 low point runs while your tiering your next gun. The guys owning ul sib weapons already at tier 5-7 will not have this problem and can maintain their killspeed throughout the entire competition.

I'm about 18/30 runs completed with an average score of 300, good runs can go 340-360 while bad runs I get 260-280... I am just hoping to maintain the 300 point average while not destroying my bank.

Gl with your attempt ;)

Indeed you are spot on with the over armoring comment. I was spending way too much time having to heal up in between mobs that it was killing my score (although I was still able to maintain a pretty decent avg).

And again, you're right about the guns too. I have a few stocked up so I'm not all that worried.

Are your bad runs due to going back down to a new gun and having to tier it up? That seems like an awfully large swing in scores.

Thanks for the luck and thanks for stopping by! Good luck to you as well.

Indeed you are spot on with the over armoring comment. I was spending way too much time having to heal up in between mobs that it was killing my score (although I was still able to maintain a pretty decent avg).

And again, you're right about the guns too. I have a few stocked up so I'm not all that worried.

Are your bad runs due to going back down to a new gun and having to tier it up? That seems like an awfully large swing in scores.

Thanks for the luck and thanks for stopping by! Good luck to you as well.

Well my first run was 240 points mainly due to wearing my nemi+5b, as I started switching to aquila+5b parts I got my score up above 280. Depending on the gun I use my scores change with untiered x1+dante I score 300-320, once it gets to tier 2-3 score is 340-350. Untiered asi 40+dante gives me 290-300 points and once tiered up 310-330. As I said tho new guns need at least 1 run to start tiering up, and with my crappy start runs that are dragging down my average I am expecting to end up near 9k points in the end.

Ive decided to go x1+dante and ark 30 desert+beast for the last 11 runs to see if I can push up my average slightly. The biggest impact however was in going high lvl armor (to cut down on fapping) and figuring out the best way to tackle the spawns.

Also something to remember is the large mu costs involved in using these L guns, so far i've used up 3x asi 40, 2x ark 30 desert & 1 svempa x1... and that was for 19/30 runs. Already bought my next ark 30 desert and x1, and should be able to complete with 1 more x1 after that.

Tier the gun on non-MM mobs before u go in ;)

Ya that's the biggest thing I've realized is the choice in armor. I was selfish in the beginning and waited for others to get the info on mobs with their avatars so I could figure out the best way for me to go at it. Armor is as big a part as dps in this instance based format. With my setup I can constantly attack mob after mob and just circle the spawn area until my hour is up (getting the Yulebot in between spawns). Wondering if bypassing the Yulebot will still allow me to kill 10 Kerbs since the loot on Yules has been complete shit for me, but it's hard to pass up on it!

Markup is a killer when it comes to events like these, but we have to suck it up if we want to win, right!?

Will make a few more runs tomorrow.

Fifth Run:
670.56 Loot TT
899.18 Cost TT
74% Return

360 Kill Points

233012 Damage Dealt

Notable Loots:

Calytrek CR Soul Mk.IV (L) 68.00 TT

Tier the gun on non-MM mobs before u go in ;)

That could be worthwhile as long as the tier rates are nice and uber so you don't waste too much of the TT value on those non-mm mobs. ;)

OK I've hit my "I hate mindark and their mm loot returns" moment! :mad: But I also understand it takes losers to make winners so I'll leave it at that.

No globals this round. On to my scores.

Sixth Run:
639.16 Loot TT
900.62 Cost TT
70.96% Return:mad::eyecrazy:

363 Kill Points

236179 Damage Dealt

Seventh Run:
657.45 Loot TT
900.03 Cost TT
73.04% Return:eyecrazy::scratch2:

359 Kill Points

233639 Damage Dealt

Nice log your comments about weps and armour matched my experience too (S2 also).
I started with Jag+5B overkill but good for mutliple mobs.

Now struggling with low tier gun after my first T3 gun died makes a big difference to the points.
I'm only 4hrs in, so time to change tactics and see what happens.

GL with remainder of event:D

So I've decided to suspend my hopes for a top 10 place and instead use my peds elsewhere. However, I may do a couple more runs on MM Kerbs, it will not be at a competitive level and with a more economic setup.

It just wasn't my year and I finally realized just how far behind I was falling. The lack of armor protection and less dps has kept me from attaining my goal at a top position. Perhaps maybe next year I will be more prepared.

Here are the results from my last four runs.

Eighth Run:
911.61 Loot TT
876.52 Cost TT
104%

304 Killpoints

Ninth Run:
815.69 Loot TT
899.10 Cost TT
90.72%

343 Killpoints

Tenth Run:
886.59 Loot TT
891.12 Cost TT
99.49%

347 Killpoints

Eleventh Run:
893.78 Loot TT
890.42 Cost TT
100.37%

362 Killpoints

Maybe I will get lucky and hit a big hof! That would make it all worth it.:D:smoke:

looool

i read those treads and stuff,how do u hunt with a ARK-30 Desert in solo 1,the recommended lvl is 34.0 both skills.solo 1 is max lvl 24 ,lets wait till the results come out.i saw more of this shit comment ,please keep on dreaming,GOOD LUCK TO ALL.may the best win.cheers

i read those treads and stuff,how do u hunt with a ARK-30 Desert in solo 1,the recommended lvl is 34.0 both skills.solo 1 is max lvl 24 ,lets wait till the results come out.i saw more of this shit comment ,please keep on dreaming,GOOD LUCK TO ALL.may the best win.cheers

I'm confused as to what you are talking about?!? He is in cat 2, not cat 1.

ooooooooeeeeeeeps

a big big big SORRY,i was looking for solo 1,omg,that s a big ROFL.

my son is going for the win in S1 maybe that s why i am acting like that,again folks SOOOOOOORRRRRY

Johntrike and others. I think the results are going to suprise many participants. I too was not aware that under this years rules it is possible to chip out from say lvl50 to lvl 24 or lvl 70 down to lvl 49 Get your keys then chip back in and use an unlimited sib gun such as unlcb26 tier 7 /evil. Or in the higher case a high tier MM. And pwn everyone who thinks they gave a chance

:(

It is?

That is really stupid! I hope not too many realised this cuz that just ruines the fun. IF people actually did that and top 3 places in cat 1 and 2 go to those kinda taktics i would be really upset. it just seems so stupid to have an event like this. that really pisses me off right now :(

Regards
Thark

It is?

That is really stupid! I hope not too many realised this cuz that just ruines the fun. IF people actually did that and top 3 places in cat 1 and 2 go to those kinda taktics i would be really upset. it just seems so stupid to have an event like this. that really pisses me off right now :(

Regards
Thark

Thats the only point that made me brood about participating or not...

I skilled naturally and just hit lvl 47 at the start of the event.

Would have been a great chance for me.

Nevertheless i took on the fight with the ubers, someone must lead the rebellion against the empire ;-)

Johntrike and others. I think the results are going to suprise many participants. I too was not aware that under this years rules it is possible to chip out from say lvl50 to lvl 24 or lvl 70 down to lvl 49 Get your keys then chip back in and use an unlimited sib gun such as unlcb26 tier 7 /evil. Or in the higher case a high tier MM. And pwn everyone who thinks they gave a chance

:(

I thought the rules stated that if you hit a level that would put you in a higher category that you would be blocked from the lower category and placed in the higher one.

I thought the rules stated that if you hit a level that would put you in a higher category that you would be blocked from the lower category and placed in the higher one.

That only applies to team, not solo.

Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys (solo participants will not be affected). To continue participating or assisting in a team instance in such a case, you will need to chip out enough combat skills to bring your highest profession level below the effective category criteria.

That only applies to team, not solo.

Important Note - If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category, you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your old keys (solo participants will not be affected). To continue participating or assisting in a team instance in such a case, you will need to chip out enough combat skills to bring your highest profession level below the effective category criteria.

Thanks Mo! Another reason I will not be finishing my solo endeavor. Might be joining a little team for cat 2 soon.

Back