FYI: 25.08.2009 Update Bugs

JohnnyBravo

Prowler
Society
www.EntropiaForum.pl
Johnny JB Bravo
Hello,

Just as I have downloaded the new update I tried to login to EU and here is a few problems I have encountered:
  1. The "Window Mode" is always checked ON and just after 5th try to uncheck it and restarts of ClientLoader I have managed to run EU in Full Screen Mode.
  2. Just after login and paswd I have encountered "You have been disconnected..." message.
  3. I have tried logging back in and the EU launched in "Window Mode" again and I got the "Your avatar is already logged on" message, but I have never given my Gold Card passwd in the earlier login attempt.
  4. The "Window Mode" option keeps comming back on with every ClientLoader startup.

These are the issues I have noticed so far...

Did anyone get the same??

P.S. One more... Rei's Defense Teleporter...whenever I TP to Rei's I get thrown miles away from closest TP and Service Center.

Last edited:
One more thing: When I hunt it happens a lot that I can't mark a target with mouse cursor. Can't drag-and-drop mob's health bar, can't loot it with mouse cursor, etc... I can still hunt using the crosshair to shoot and Right Mouse Button to loot it but it is a pain in the bottom that I can't mark many targets.

i too have the unable to login problem, after i enter my GC number i get the " entropia did not shut down properly" message

been trying for 2 hours now and never logged in once.

All keyboard icons are messed up at login, trying to reset icons crashes game immediatelly - regardless of any graphic setting.

One more thing: When I hunt it happens a lot that I can't mark a target with mouse cursor. Can't drag-and-drop mob's health bar, can't loot it with mouse cursor, etc... I can still hunt using the crosshair to shoot and Right Mouse Button to loot it but it is a pain in the bottom that I can't mark many targets.

Yes same here. Sometimes it works but that one time is usually the last time too...

Cant change to "Windows mode" in options before logging in! And when I log in full mode my computer restarts after some seconds! Never happened before! Cant play!!!!

I have no problem what so ever with this update or before that. Sure, I did have some BSOD, but after tweaking the settings a bit I don't have any anymore. The "you are already logged in" message I also had sometimes in VU9.4 so nothing new there.

To be honest, I really don;t understand why people are still making these threads on EF. This is not an official forum and any problem you might have you should send to MA in the form of an support case (I did).

sorry, just couldn't help myself after reading yet another thread with problems people have, please just post in one of the threads already here.

If you dont want to READ another problem thread RAZOR.....CLOSE YOUR EYES or DONT CLICK the post. Jesus, another muppet moaning about reading moaning threads lmao

IS IT ME, THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, and besides sometimes it's good to talk about issues, as sometimes the community can fix them in house.

To be honest, I really don;t understand why people are still making these threads on EF. This is not an official forum and any problem you might have you should send to MA in the form of an

Ahem. Here is na abridged version of my support ticket reply

Entropia Universe Support said:
<snip>
For more information about VU 10.0 please refer to the FAQ section on the website. Please also try asking other participants and/or check out the Entropia Universe-related community sites.
If you are not able to resolve your issue by going through the check list above you are welcome to contact us again.
<snip>

Cant change to "Windows mode" in options before logging in! And when I log in full mode my computer restarts after some seconds! Never happened before! Cant play!!!!

Same here, can't change the client loader to "window mode". If i set it to "window mode" and close the option screen in the client loader and reopen it, the settings for "window mode" are gone. It seems the loader do not save the settings.

Sucks because the error is caused by the mini update :(

To be honest, I really don;t understand why people are still making these threads on EF. This is not an official forum and any problem you might have you should send to MA in the form of an support case (I did).

sorry, just couldn't help myself after reading yet another thread with problems people have, please just post in one of the threads already here.

Possibly due to the fact that support cases are replied to with this:

For more information about VU 10.0 please refer to the FAQ section on the website. Please also try asking other participants and/or check out the Entropia Universe-related community sites.

Just a hunch ;)

Last edited:
another bug I get is unable to change rezolution in-game, tried changing from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 but I can`t.. it remain on 1280x1024...

It makes sense to put all the bugs that seem to caused by a given update together in one thread. The number of bugs is now so huge, that all attemts to realistically subdivide them must surely be helpful, both in finding the appropriate discussion here, and diagnosing the programming errors?

That said, I've nothing useful to add here. Just couldn't resist telling yas that on first sight, I missed the punctation marks in the title of this thread, or missed their significance, and read it as:

25 082 009 Update Bugs

"Wow! that many??" I thought, somewhat surprised :laugh:

Ahem. Here is na abridged version of my support ticket reply

What the hell is that!?

The makers of the product are referring you to other users of the product for support? Gotta love it

What the hell is that!?

The makers of the product are referring you to other users of the product for support? Gotta love it

Who has more information about a game, 50 programmers or 5000 participants?

Back