3.50 ped per week does not give 27-30% ROI

Guys, is it not possible that this week's return is based only on the time since the last VU started up? Think about it, we did not have the ped flow center before the VU, so the code for collecting taxes probably wasn't implemented until then. There's probably a good chance that this weeks taxes is based only on a portion of the week.

Bertha Bot posted the VU content release on 11-30 ~16:00 on my timer. So until payouts we had approximately 4 days and 8 hours for gathering taxes. If we were to add in the 2 days and 16 hours pre-VU, that is a little bit over a 50% increase in time to allow the system to gather taxes.

The math:
4 days & 8 hours expanded is 104 hours
2 days and 16 hours ' ' 64 hours

64/104hours = 61% of 3.5 peds revenue per deed missing

3.5 * .61 = 2.135 peds theoretically missed out on
3.5 + 2.135 = 5.635

5.635peds * 4(~weeks in a month) * 12(months in a year) = 270 peds

1k/deed/270 = 27% ROI

I could be completely wrong of course.

what he said :lolup:

Only read OP, so excuse if this was mentioned.

December is a known slow month. Why would you expect a 30% this time of year?

The "Become a Citizen of Planet Calypso" announcement claimed a "potential ROI of 27% - 30%".
3.50 PED per week is only 182 PED per year, which is only 18.2% -- that's substantially less than what was predicted (5.19 to 5.77).

I would have much preferred an honest announcement claiming 15-20% (which is still good). At least I wouldn't feel like I have been lied to (yet again). :mad:

Edit: 27-30% ROI will be true of price of deeds drops to around 600ped a piece.

3.5Ped per deed per week isn't bad. Own 10 and thats 35Ped a week in your Ped card or 1820Ped PA, you are a citizen and have potential to build a house in the future, also voting rights. Getting a $18.2 untaxed dividend for every $100 invested per year is bloody good cf the real world.

I haven't logged yet to see the payment, hopefully the Ped flow centre is working after tomorrows update.

Cheers

if anyone is not happy with there deeds i will take them off your hands ;) and you can sell what you think they are worth 500-600ped whatever......

I love when people don't see how good it is
makes me feel better

if anyone is not happy with there deeds i will take them off your hands ;) and you can sell what you think they are worth 500-600ped whatever......

At 30% ROI that puts the early free market price at 607.39 Ped per share.

never ceases to amaze how people involved in a supposed "real cash economy" have sucha poor grasp of real economics. how can you base a whole years revenue on one week? heres a clue: there will be weeks where its even lower, but there will be weeks when its (alot) higher.

ok ok i will pay 607 ped per deed just send a PM and i will pick it up asap so your worries will be over
:)

The statement said UP to 30%, how big of a moron do you have to be to misunderstand that simple statement? And even 15% is so much better than the RL investments are providing...so to those who are surprised or disappointed by the payout, and if we make the leap of faith and generously assume you are literate human adults...I think nothing except for a simple "wow" can express an appropriate sentiment.

i don't get it why so many ppl are crying.....

Now you got 17-18% PA (estimated due we don't know for witch time-frame)
We all know that many ppl put there free money into Deeds and that's a reason why some ppl aren't able to make a normal game-play, ie - spend less on decay.

If you don't trust the hole think, go and sell your deeds and never think again of buying some.
If 17-18% is to low, go and sell your deeds and never think again of buying some.
If >15% is fine for you, go away and don't buy more deeds!! :)

Sure there are good weeks and bad weeks, now its up to you what do you think about the first week.

m2p

never ceases to amaze how people involved in a supposed "real cash economy" have sucha poor grasp of real economics. how can you base a whole years revenue on one week? heres a clue: there will be weeks where its even lower, but there will be weeks when its (alot) higher.

Look and compare the global activity on Entropia Tracker for the week, one year ago. Maybe Starfinder could set that up.

Week to week, payouts will fluctuate and we can all assume this is a low one but based on MA projections of 27 - 30% ROI that puts the price at this point in time at 674 - 607 Ped. Now people will only buy additional shares from MA at 1000 Ped IF they are prepared to accept a lower ROI at this point in time.

Anyway, this payout was probably suppressed because other PP land owners are transferring Ped to their Planet Calypso avatars and withdrawing. In game planet revenue can never exceed real net sales of $ deposited - $ withdrawn in that week.

Since when is one week enough to estimate something like this? :scratch2:

When it's the first week, it does look bad don't you think? I mean how could MA be off so much on their estimate in such a short time frame?

Isn't the income calculated on the yearly average? So then you indeed know how much the ROI will be and MA knew this upfront as well

No, it is calculated weekly. So whenever there is a delayed or buggy VU, you can tell the returns from a deed will suck.

When it's the first week, it does look bad don't you think? I mean how could MA be off so much on their estimate in such a short time frame?

Why does nobody get it? Their estimate was for a YEAR. This payout is for a WEEK. The two are not comparable. It will not be unusual to see variation in return, influenced by hundreds of different factors like time of year, global economy, in game events, etc.

I thought this game was played by adults? Have any of you ever even looked at the stock market pages in the paper?

You cannot estimate the year return based on 1 weeks results, this is not my opinion, it is a fact.:eyecrazy:

I have no idea what the returns will eventually look like, they could be awful, awesome, or anything in-between, but we cannot even speculate based on 1 weeks data.

what you mean I have not become an overnight millionaire .....Sheeesh!!

i'm not psyched to have a 3.5ped payout this week but it's ok.

But i really wish the FPC-Team would chage the ingame item description to exactly what the deed does. I mean it doesn't even say that we are entitled to 50% of the revenue etc. I'm kinda annoyed to see such a wobbly item description on such a valuable item.(one might not be, but the amount i'm holding certainly is, at least for me) Kinda seems like the guy who wrote that didn't even know what they do himself, wich is probably not true but i would really appreciate a precise description of the deeds ingame.

So:

- Please Change The Ingame Item Description On The Deeds! -

has the payment been made automaticlly cos i dont see any payments being made . How do i check

Alot of crying about these deeds - Alot of accusing MA/FPC/whatever of this and that.

1. Ppl are broke atm, buying deeds x-max etc. = Low activity
2. As stated by others, some weeks will be low others will be high.

MA made something that allows ppl to gains peds from basicly nothing - So either put up or shut up. Sell the deeds if you are not happy with the return, you can sell for 998peds and still have profit.

I for one am overjoyed with an 18% return :wtg:. With the slowdown in activity over the last couple of weeks I expected it to be less. I think eventually we'll see it average out at about 20-25% (which is a good 15-20% higher than anything my bank will offer me at the moment). And if the planned marketing campaign is even moderately succesfull it could easily double over the next year.

Ill third that sentiment.

If anyone regrets their investment ill buy all your deeds at 700!(well until i run out of money lol)

has the payment been made automaticlly cos i dont see any payments being made . How do i check

The money can be seen in your Ped Flow Centre (right click on your PEd card).
You can transfer from your land deed account to your Ped card using the button at the bottom of that screen.

To access Ped Flow, right-click on you ped card for context menu, scroll to bottom for Ped Flow Centre.

I'm pretty happy all round - a reasonable first tranche, and the system seems to work as advertised. I am certainly going to be adding to my holdings as I can.

The money can be seen in your Ped Flow Centre (right click on your PEd card).
You can transfer from your land deed account to your Ped card using the button at the bottom of that screen.

Could someone post a screenshot of the PED Flow Center? I'm unable to log in at the moment, but curious to see what it looks like.

Could someone post a screenshot of the PED Flow Center? I'm unable to log in at the moment, but curious to see what it looks like.

Here ya go Rob, was posted by Atraie in the "Thank you Mindark" thread. (Values removed)

Ped Flow Center Screenshot

Last edited:
actually its quite high compared to what i thought the first payment still during deed selling would be. Even I kept item usage and thus decay to a minimum and tried to get cash for next deed. This will probably continue til all deeds are sold and only then will we be able to view what revenue really is at.

people 18.2% for one of the worst week in entropia history is much better then i espected. ROI means return of investment per year..not per month. I'm extremly confident the ROI will be at least 24-25%..maybe even 27-30%...and who knows maybe more. The sells of deeds from last 24 hours say alot..i think is 1100+ sold in 24 hours. This a big and credible succes for MA and for the players and i salute the people who organized this risky step who now prove its a succesfull one already. I want to remind that even 15% is a superb return in all the world for any bond at any bank...and i'm sure the final ROI will be at least 27% or close anyway. I actualy believe the 60k shares will be sold much faster then anyone think or imagine.

Ty vm

One thing to keep in mind is these don't have a time that they expire. Only will stop giving interest back if servers shut down or MA decides to not do the program any more. So if you are not planning on leaving once they are paid for it is pure income to play on or withdraw.:)

ty all for reply i have it now thanks again

[irony on] I wonder at what age a child throwing a dice and getting just a 'two' realises that that is just one throw - a bit unlucky, yes, but it doesn't mean you should throw the dice away and never roll one again [irony off]

What statistics tells us about just one event is that the result is A: possible, B: probably somewhere around the average if the distribution is a Bell curve or similar.

Add real knowledge to the random (it is hardly going to have been a great week for revenue), plus possibilities that it wasn't even the result for a full week, but only since the vu (mentioned above somewhere, big grats on that post), and you get a result that is perfectly fine (in my opinion)!
[edit: Bjorn says: The Calypso Land Deed payment was for revenue generated during the 7 day period of November 28 - December 4.]

Society generally sorts out the winners and losers in a number of stages, maybe even starting with children learning to roll dice! There will be those who sell out in disgust at the first payout, and those who don't.

I'm the sort of person who likes to inform people, but respects their decisions and will help where possible.
In short: buying deed(s) @ boxes (or rather - as peds permit I would do so)

Last edited:
Back