30-45% return

XII

Alpha
hi,
last four years I have regulary lose (I played around 9 years total)
98% of my hunting returned me around 30-45% in tt; 1,8% of my hunting returned me around 100-110% in tt, 0,2% of my hunting returned me 120-200% in tt.
at that time I have tried various weapons, mobs and location - in each case the same situation.
As in the one place (first hunting run) gave me 100% back, this next hunting in this same place gave me 30-45% return in tt, and next, next same crap ;)
I tried mining, crafting too; mining with amps and without amps - returns be same as from hunting

has anyone an idea on theories what happening with me? :tongue2::laugh::wise::smoke::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

may have any additional questions? happy to answer :cool:

Best great regards,
addicted and used without compassion
XII

Well there are only 3 options possible:
1) You are hunting high regen/high hp mobs with too small gear
2) You hunt with unmaxed gear (shouldn't be the case if you are playing 9 years already)
3) You are one of the unluckiest entropian I have ever seen :laugh:

EDIT: Can you tell what mobs and with what gear you were hunting?

Last edited:
did you forget to uncheck the charity box b4 installing?

eu_install.jpg

It comes checked when you install, you need to uncheck that shit!

poor returns can result with a poor set up hunting a poor mob that doesn't pay, same goes for mining!

we cant really help you in the hunting depot if you dont tell us your armor setup, guns used, and mobs hunted.. generaly paying high MU on L weapons/armors to stay in sib while hunting merps or punys is going to cost you dearly. as for mining, how are your runs? 10 probes or 1000 probes long? what amps, what ores/enmats are you going for? how do you mine? are you using the "auto use tool" feature or dropping even closer?

all in all, you cant just say: "my loot sucks!!! wtf am i doing wrong?????" and then give us absolutly no info to go on..

but GL and hope you do better mate :D maybe you got an ATH building or something?

I think it must be this one, cos I have never had a return of less than 50% on a hunting run (that's including ALL costs, not just ammo.)

Sometimes I think I must be playing a different game to the one that many of the people on this forum are playing, I've seen people saying they get 20% returns!. I don't see how that can be possible, unless you're killing 5 mobs in a run and 3 are no-looters.

And, no, I don't make profit in this game, but i have NEVER seen <50% returns. (Good thing I wasn't there for the Hussk :silly2:)

You must be hunting A LOT of NO LOOTERS and YOUNGS :/

~Danimal

I am the very same situation as OP..

Well there are only 3 options possible:
1) You are hunting high regen/high hp mobs with too small gear
2) You hunt with unmaxed gear (shouldn't be the case if you are playing 9 years already)

EDIT: Can you tell what mobs and with what gear you were hunting?

1. no
2. no ... same crap results with all kind of stuff 8 out of 10 mobs lootless most times
3. I know many others ... they simply left

From my point of view 90% long term tt return is :BS:

QUESTION to OP: What is your gross/net value in items hoarded up in inventory/storage?

I am on trying out to sell all my stuff... maybe loot return rate is tied to that... the only option left to try.

Go hunt some argos or drones. Do 5 runs with a full amp used on each run post back results.
Atrox will kill ped card avoid

What is your overall tt return?

I presume you know this?

Rgds

Ace

I think it must be this one, cos I have never had a return of less than 50% on a hunting run (that's including ALL costs, not just ammo.)

Sometimes I think I must be playing a different game to the one that many of the people on this forum are playing, I've seen people saying they get 20% returns!. I don't see how that can be possible, unless you're killing 5 mobs in a run and 3 are no-looters.

And, no, I don't make profit in this game, but i have NEVER seen <50% returns. (Good thing I wasn't there for the Hussk :silly2:)

I can prove than you can get <50% return rate even when you are hunting eco. But as you can see it usually turns back to normal. But I guess people mostly are loosing in crafting - crafting way too high level stuff with low skills (it's like hunting with LR32 on level 5 hit/dmg profession).

Here is an example from small runs I had on shinkibas:
attachment.php

Well if u do a thread like this why u don't post the armor, gun and your hit ability ??

if i go for 10 hunts on atrox with approx 111 ped ammo for each i get pretty much 60% return (If not on a bad streak and i loose everything)

Decay for each run is about 15 ped on my wep (Scrof), 9 ped on my armor (gremlin+2a) and about 2 ped decay on the fap (fap80 T1 with eco enhancer)

loot needs to UP! :eyecrazy:

if i go for 10 hunts on atrox with approx 111 ped ammo for each i get pretty much 60% return (If not on a bad streak and i loose everything)

Decay for each run is about 15 ped on my wep (Scrof), 9 ped on my armor (gremlin+2a) and about 2 ped decay on the fap (fap80 T1 with eco enhancer)

several things here raises questions.

1. You dont amp on a regen mob?
2. Defensive cost ( armor + fap ) seem way too high, maybe try a mob more suited to your level?
3. With such small hunts you dont kill many mobs, making the risk too high short term.

Here are some suggestions.

1. Get a a104 for that Scrof ( or better amp if you can afford )
2. Get your evader levels up, because you pay way too much in defense atm.
3. Make longer hunts, atleast a full a104 amp.
4. Dont use fap80 , with that armor on small trox you shouldnt be needing other than a herb box to top up between mobs.

good luck!

cheers

ermik

The worst returns I had were a bit over 50% and those happen less then 10 times so far in over 2 year of logging every hunt I do with my avatar in Entropia.

Recently I experienced 2 bad consecutive rounds on Arkadia, on otorugi and return was 68%, not even close to your figures. That's one global below 100 ped each 1.2k ped round.

I agree that hunting returns are quite bad lately but it's hard for me to believe that you get 30%-45% on 1k ped spent on a mob, if you have some common sense in choosing your gear.

30-50% are rather common now in game... i experience them every day... shame but true

There is your problem, you are hunting too low of a cycle on Atrox you need to do at least 2k, get more evade, use an amp and use a better fap such as the herb box..

~Danimal

I can prove than you can get <50% return rate even when you are hunting eco. But as you can see it usually turns back to normal. But I guess people mostly are loosing in crafting - crafting way too high level stuff with low skills (it's like hunting with LR32 on level 5 hit/dmg profession).

Here is an example from small runs I had on shinkibas:
attachment.php

Of course it's possible to get < 50% on a run, although thankfully it has not happened to me yet. Although I would like to point out that run was shorter than your average runs, if you had continued till 100 peds I doubt very much if it would have remained below 50%.

All I'm saying is that if someone is getting 30-45% on 98% of runs as the OP claims, then he's either:

a. Doing it wrong,
b. Hated by God, or
c. Very bad at maths

a. Doing it wrong,
b. Hated by God, or
c. Very bad at maths
d. Excel is not working properly
e. maybe if you loot every second mob you kill... :laugh:

....in connection with a serious interest
I look forward to suggestions what to do and how.
Ask for suggestions on what weapons to use, what mobs to kill and where :)
...and also invite you to team to assess the situation, hunt result ;)
but MA if read this may at this time, everything changed for good ;) I count on it :ahh:

....in connection with a serious interest
I look forward to suggestions what to do and how.
Ask for suggestions on what weapons to use, what mobs to kill and where :)
...and also invite you to team to assess the situation, hunt result ;)
but MA if read this may at this time, everything changed for good ;) I count on it :ahh:

I take it you made up the numbers in the op?

Otherwise what is your overall tt return?

Rgds

Ace

I have experienced significant ups and down in loot last days:
Here are my last runs:

minning 30% tt return
minning 50 % tt return
minning 200 % tt return
minning 60% tt return
minning 70% tt return
hunt 100% tt return
Minning 180% tt return

Now Im expecting couple of bad runs again

I can also confirm is possible to have bad tt return for a long time, but it usually follows after very good tt return period or a big hof or whatever.

Having constant low %tt return as you are claiming is what I call dying ava btw.

edit: Forgot to add, Im doing relatively small runs (98-111 probes, one amp/run), it may be the reason of such a strange results

Last edited:
Well i would make the following suggestion:

1. Get a p4a or Riker UL3
2. Get an A104 ( p4a ) or an A105 ( UL3 , but the 104 will work here, too )
3. Put on Hunter/Adj Pixie, Pixie (...) with or without plates or any low level armor setup which allows you to hunt them with max 3% of total costs - armor costs )
4. Use an eco FAP like Herb box, hedoc 20 or anything with low costs.
5. Do 20 full amp runs on small argonauts ne of twins and log them
6. On a side note, though it doesn't influence your TT return sell your loot in auc
7. Post your logs here

Ofc i can't guarantee you won't get shitty returns, but i highly doubt you will have 30-45% return using the suggested equipment on the suggested mob.

When you have such shitty returns as overall return for all logged runs with this setup:
Chip out
Let your ava delete ( MA lets you transfer goods to the new ava before deletion )
Start over
Then i'm pretty sure your ava is bugged somehow.

Best of luck and BR

Well i would make the following suggestion:

1. Get a p4a or Riker UL3
2. Get an A104 ( p4a ) or an A105 ( UL3 , but the 104 will work here, too )
3. Put on Hunter/Adj Pixie, Pixie (...) with or without plates or any low level armor setup which allows you to hunt them with max 3% of total costs - armor costs )
4. Use an eco FAP like Herb box, hedoc 20 or anything with low costs.
5. Do 20 full amp runs on small argonauts ne of twins and log them
6. On a side note, though it doesn't influence your TT return sell your loot in auc
7. Post your logs here

OK, I like this idea so I will take it :D
p4a + A104;
armor: I can without armor?;
fap: i can use Regeneration chip lvl2,3,4 or 5?;
total runs: 20;
log it all here of course :)

I admit that it will be very tedious and boring task for me ;)
really look forward to good returns - and I hope that they will :ahh:

Last edited:
OK, I like this idea so I will take it :D
p4a + A104;
armor: I can without armor?;
fap: i can use Regeneration chip lvl2,3,4 or 5?;
total runs: 20;
log it all here of course :)

I admit that it will be very tedious and boring task for me ;)
really look forward to good returns - and I hope that they will :ahh:

you can try naked with regen chip also, but when you see room for adjustments in your logs regarding your defensive decay you should be open for changes. On that mob you can easily adjust it down to 2% of total costs. (Do not forget implant decay when using mf healing. ) Peds often disappear over "silent" unlogged channels, but logging your runs gives you the possibility to adjust your hunting behaviour accordingly.

I hope it works out for you - best of luck & i`m looking forward to your results.

double post due to slow reload

Its relative!
First you need to define hunt.

100 PED ammo on Leviathan is that a hunt? It surely can end with way less than 50% return.
While 100 PED ammo on Exas (with Opallo), well thats a hunt and you should get average return.

As said relative, the more HP a mob has, the more ammo you need to cycle to get to an average loot.

I wouldn´t even start with 100 PED vs Atrox youngs, as this is to low ammo to get an average return.

Now consider the guy in OP, is a sweater, and always starts hunting when he got 50 PED together and then gets out to kill a few Atrox. Its surely possible to burn this PEDs with really bad average return.

As said first thing such threads should start with is: define hunt!
For me a hunt is killing at least 100+ mobs in a row, without interception.

...i'm now after hunting in team already - my friend from soc persuaded me on ambulimax in Neas with h400+a104+170ped ammo both. Return after hunt is 145 PED in TT me and my friend same - is really not bad ;) "-85"

now we going on FUROR with same gear lol :p ...relation after hunt.

Furor: h400+a104+170ped ammo; result: 212 in tt (~230 with MU) for both; 4 globs: 52, 59, 60 and 56 ;) I can say this hunt be on "0" ;)

I see that in team have better returns than the same

Now we go on atrox with same gear again ;P

Atrox: h400+a105+170ped ammo; result: 180 in tt (shit) for both; without globals; not bad ;) ? "-49"

and last hunt on Leviatans....

Leviatan: h400+a104+170 ped ammo; result: 105 in tt (shit) for both; without globals "-130" :D

Thank you MA fot this loot day ... "-264 total" 920 ped burn is 71.3% back :D

Last edited:
Back