Info: 33,839 Active Players in Entropia and cost comparrisons to other MMORPGs...

Remember one thing non depositing players however still providing money to MA. count as zero for deposit. thus in a way raising the cost of the other players in terms of deposits and costs of play per month.

So depositing players are in fact contributing more than $23 a month. just becouse they are taking all players into account.

the contributions of players not putting in a min of $23 a month. say 10000 people contributing zero.

that is $1036 per average depositing player. perhaps more.

33839-10000 is 23839/23 = 1036

then again math isnt one of my strong suits.

But just pointing out that people not depositing money they still count. but count as zero to lower the total average.

As we all know some people can deposit more than others.

And most likely becouse there is some people that have the deposible income to put in more than 1 k a month they are still in essence paying for others.

I try to deposit at least $50 a month sometimes more. and tend to stay away from sweating. just as an economic princible.

Again i could be wrong can a math teacher pls tell me if i am right in the math i posted?

I also believe there are roughly that many active accounts however an active account is much different than an active player.

Players who are active in hunting, mining, or crafting are what really matters to the game economy, the loot system, and MindArk's bottom line. Without them, there would be nothing.

There are all kinds of low level players who have never globaled in hunting and play occasionally. Only MindArk or FPC know how many of those people there are. The Entropia Tracker will show us everyone else who has globaled at least one time in the last 30-days

Now I certainly am not that active in the professions but for the last 30-days I am ranked:

Hunting - 479 of 6350
Mining - Na of 2019
Crafting - Na of 1505

This means that over the last 30-days there have been 6350 people that have globaled in hunting, 2019 in mining, and 1505 in crafting. Add them all up and you get 9874. Now obviously there are a lot of avatars who are ranked in more than one profession. With these numbers we can estimate that there are between 5000 and 7000 unique avatars that are active enough in the standard professions to get at least one global per month.

I check these numbers on a regular basis and the good news is that they have been on average increasing over time. With the upcoming publicity from the sale of CP, we will have a huge influx of new players. Then on top of that, the new planets will each attract a lot of new players.

On September 17th, the numbers for the professions looked like this:

3449 avatars with hunting global
1460 avatars with a mining global
1099 avatars with a crafting global
6008 total

So in roughly 3.5 months the active player base has increased by about 64%

This assumption highlights just how poor the retention rate of EU is. Let's assume 800,000 (rounded) people have downloaded EU yet only 34,000 (rounded) are listed as active. That is a retention rate of 1 in 23.5! :eek: 4.25%! :eek:

Last edited:
This assumption highlights just how poor the retention rate of EU is. Let's assume 800,000 (rounded) people have downloaded EU yet only 34,000 (rounded) are listed as active. That is a retention rate of 1 in 23.5! :eek: 0.4%! :eek:

Well you also have to consider how many times each of us have had to reinstall EU. Over the last 4 years I probably have reinstalled it 10 times or more.

Well you also have to consider how many times each of us have had to reinstall EU. Over the last 4 years I probably have reinstalled it 10 times or more.

Yeah but you didn't register/create 10 avatars...
Atleast, I hope not.
:laugh:

[edit]
2 of those 800,000 registered accounts, are me :ahh:

This assumption highlights just how poor the retention rate of EU is. Let's assume 800,000 (rounded) people have downloaded EU yet only 34,000 (rounded) are listed as active. That is a retention rate of 1 in 23.5! :eek: 0.4%! :eek:

not 0,4% but 4% :) (But its still a low number)

So in roughly 3.5 months the active player base has increased by about 64%

My guesses:
September - average player amount probably
October - lots of people depositing a little to try out 10.0, and lots of complaining shortly thereafter
November - Lots of folks testing the waters around Thanksgiving
December - Christmas break so a lot of college kids, university professors, and teachers started depositing and/or just becoming more active since they had more free time and it's not the middle of summer so they aren't outside - what else are they gonna do? + a few folks probably deposited with Christmas present giftcards or something.

Running out of time to post more thoughts now, but interested to hear other peoples opinions about these assumptions. Personally I think $23 is far too much given how the game is playing at the moment, plus I kind of wonder why it is so much - why do they need to charge twice as much as some other MMORPG's to remain profitable? That said, its not as bad as i thought it was! :laugh:

I play 30-60hours + a week, if it only cost me 230peds a month....holy crap I would never stop. Pretty sure I earn ten times that amount in skills per month, even if i only hunt 500ped a day.

Pretty sure seeing one movie a month cost me more than 230peds, or half a case of beer. :drink:

I play 30-60hours + a week, if it only cost me 230peds a month....holy crap I would never stop. Pretty sure I earn ten times that amount in skills per month, even if i only hunt 500ped a day.

Pretty sure seeing one movie a month cost me more than 230peds, or half a case of beer. :drink:

Obviously you are one of the people that props up the average for the non-depositors ;)

Must admit, you are right though - even if you play just 10 hours a month, it puts the average down so much that it beats most other forms of entertainment such as renting movies etc on a $ per hour basis.

I second that, I loosed more than 230 ped on a 500 ped hunt most of the time, 230 is a dream, if MA would make it real player base will multiply by 10.

ATM player base(depositors) are paying multiplied by 10, 230$ could be more close to what a medium player that want to have some "medium" fun could lose, keep in mind that not all can have mod gear and maxed weapons.

I think that are maximum 5k depositors, the other active players are leeches.

I second that, I loosed more than 230 ped on a 500 ped hunt most of the time, 230 is a dream, if MA would make it real player base will multiply by 10.

ATM player base(depositors) are paying multiplied by 10, 230$ could be more close to what a medium player that want to have some "medium" fun could lose, keep in mind that not all can have mod gear and maxed weapons.

I think that are maximum 5k depositors, the other active players are leeches.
I still think it's the part of decay they take as revenue stream they mean
there, so question is, how many percent is revenue stream from our
cost/losses?

Back