3D Surfing

psychnosiz

Stalker
Society
Digital Resistance
Randall Psychnosiz Flagg

New way of browsing the web as it turns all webpages to a 3D enviroment.
Since this might rise a new era in the price and usavility of virtual items (trade through various sites etc...) in what way can this affect EU? If this would become a popular format and websites start offering 3D games and you can save the loot up your profile pages ... And since it's based on existing (business) formats, there already is an extended working payment system.

Quite some possibilities imo ... (although sites like google, news and other will remain much easier in plain 2D).

cool link mate +rep

would be cool to link it with EU, wold be very handy to walk through a door in ur apt and into EF to check posts etc.

Good job to the AUssie bot that founded it to :p

ExitReality does look very clever, and would undoubtably be fun for a while, but I kinda get the feeling that it would annoy me eventually. If I'm looking thru web-pages I don't always want to run round a room looking for the right screen, clicking a link is surely quicker and easier (as the o/p said) and the information is presented in an accessible way. Besides I'd keep wondering where all the mobs I can shoot are...

I can see it being hugely popular among people who haven't experienced any kind of MMO before, and maybe in turn this will lead to more people becoming interested in Virtual Universes like Entropia (especially when they find themselves wondering where all the mobs they can shoot are).

So for that reason it gets a :thumbup: from me...

One other downside...

I tried to use ExitReality to run Entropia thru, basically a 3D world rendered further into 3D, 3D Squared...

Unfortunately it caused a rift in the space/time continuum and a quantum singularity swallowed up the clothes i was gonna wear to work today, so i guess I'm forced to stay home, skilling...

What a shame.

Last edited:
ofcourse, for a lot of stuff we'll need to wait untill they made this a bit faster and more accurate, and it'll never replace plain 2d surfing in some areas.

In other areas - like community pages and youtube - though it just might have enormous potential, like your society pages growing into society offices where you would be able to share or display virtual items. In this sense, EU might be surpassed by common technology, as this might be implemented - in a long run - into your OS. If EF will be effective 3D with games, prices, different social rooms etc ... what will be the use of logging into EU.

I hope MA haven't moved too much of their focus away from the gaming aspect yet lol.

:wtg:Posting for the sake of posting:wtg:

But cool stuff indeed ;)

Back