5-day newbie miner: IX, IX, XI, VIII in two days and perception

Bunkerchild

Hatchling
Society
Paradox
Emily Bunkerchild dEstraye
Hi thar! I started playing around a week ago and ore mining a little later and I'm already starting to go slightly profitable, meaning I'll probably get back my deposited amount (around 380 PED) quite soon.

What I'd like to tell you is that even though there's a lot of dispute on the skill gains, I'd like to report on my own experience during the last few days. All in all, I've dropped around 400-500 bombs since I started mining.

My experience has been that if I get perception skill gains when I'm carpeting a field, I find >VI claims in vincinity or weird clusters. I carpet by alternating between lines with a ~½ radius offset so the coverage is pretty good. A geology gain often comes when moving away from (unfound) claims, after which there is an area of no gains and no claims until I get next to another claim. A prospecting gain seems to come close to (unfound) claims. Sometimes I get both geology and perception and this seems to occur around where I get geology. I don't swear by this but this is my experience. I keep charts on my mining. My perception skill gains usually come close to each other with lots of time inbetween.

Yesterday I got two perceptions within 70m from a cluster of 4 size V's that were just a few meters apart (I had to triple bomb to get them ^^''). I also got two perceptions just next to an XI and an IX that day.

Today I got a perception right when I hit an XI. I didn't explore the other one I got (as seen on map) because I ran out of bombs.

Welcome to EF!

Please consider not talking about spirals and we'll be friends :)

Interesting skillgain logging btw...

Interesting. I still think it is beginners luck rather than skill gain. But then again, as a well experienced miner, the one thing I have learned over the years is do what works the best for you! :)

Welcome to the EU and I hope you have many, MANY towers in a very long career. Competing with the same old farts gets old after a while, I need a new challenge (sorry Scudd and Ace, you guys got boring quick ;))

:) you seem to be on the right track :) GL!

alright i am doing subscribing this info. I will see forward to see if it come true. then i will come back and post to proof u are right.
Thanks for let us know. it very interesting information about gain skills and know what u area u get closer or away.

GZ for u and hopeful u get good globals:D.

You have just made best friends with legion ;)

I wish you all best with your mining!

Rgds

Ace

Would be interesting to know which way are you heading to when you got those skill gains.

As exactly north as possible, for your information :3

Back