Discovery: 5B Perfected Armor plate (L)

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
This is my first Discovery in Entropia :)

I think it was sometime around the 23rd or 24th of September when I was clicking Gizmo 8 and looted a dozen or so clicks of the 6A Perfected blueprint, and then shortly after that, I got maybe 10 clicks of the 5B Perfected blueprint:

index.php

Ever since that time, I'd been checking the auction for the ingredients pretty much daily. At first it seemed like the Royal Carapace was going to be the difficult or expensive one to get. But I was able to purchase a few of them, only to realize that the Soldier Carapace was the one that was extremely rare, and I needed 10 of them per click!

I got lucky last week and was able to buy a stack of 5 of them, that gave me hope, but then there was virtually none available for days and days.

Since a couple of weeks had already gone by, I was beginning to think that someone had probably already got the Discovery, so was just sort of half going for it at that point.

Today I saw someone offering 6A Perfected plates (L) for sale, I thought, for sure somebody already has got the Discovery on the 5B then.

I checked the auction again, as I always do when I log in and when I'm about to log out. To my surprise there were a couple decent stacks of Soldier Carapaces, which was the only thing I was still missing for a couple clicks on the 5B Perfected plate.

I agonized over the price for a bit; there's just no way to turn a profit on these plates if I'm paying 15 PED each on the Soldier Carapace. That's nearly 150 PED worth of mu, just for those (need 10 of those per click). Not to mention the mu on the Royal Carapace and the other ones, it adds up to a lot.

I was thinking to pass on them and wait for the mu to come down. Then I remembered my own advice about Entropia, that sometimes you have to have a little faith in this game and take a chance. So I bought almost everything and now had enough for 2 clicks.

Even with 2 clicks, there's still a 50/50 chance of getting a plate. Crafters will know this. I clicked the construct button... Thinking to myself "whatever happens, happens..."

First click result: big HoF animation! No one had made the Discovery yet!!!

index.php

index.php

index.php

Nice congrats, I was wondering what the Spina pieces were going to be used for.

and looted a dozen or so clicks of the 6A Perfected blueprint, and then shortly after that, I got maybe 10 clicks of the 5B Perfected blueprint:
I saw that in game. If I remember correctly those were discoveries too.

PS:

I find that the Durability stat on that 5B Perfected is really disappointing tbh, It's the same as Pulsar 10 (L):

index.php

The 6A Perfected (L) in comparisson has 24,500 Durability. :dunno:

Gratz!

Gratz man, you deserve it! And thanks for sharing the BP specs.

Gratz,

Now that the discoveries have been made the price on carapace should hopefully come down ;)

Back